Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Mardu Strike Leader
Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever Mardu Strike Leader attacks, create a 2/1 black Warrior creature token.
Dash (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it is returned from the battlefield to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
king-saproling on The Newspaper
3 months ago
Sure thing Benjimain! I think you picked a great partner pair. They offer the late-game resilence that Orzhov (WB) decks are known for while also enabling big combat damage which is rare in WB.
Here are some other swaps I would make:
Quag Sickness -> Plaguecrafter
Underworld Dreams -> Bitterblossom
Forever Young -> Black Market
Pick the Brain -> Grand Crescendo
Artificer's Hex -> Lightning Coils
Duress -> Rootborn Defenses
Pit Keeper -> Captain's Claws
Triad of Fates -> Haunted Library
Deathpact Angel -> Mardu Strike Leader
Mark of the Vampire -> Blight Mound
Confront the Assault -> Veteran Soldier
Primevals' Glorious Rebirth -> Spirit Bonds
Soul Salvage -> Militia's Pride
Alchemist's Gift -> Oketra's Monument
Lash of Thorns -> Wand of Orcus
Village Rites -> Grim Haruspex
to_regatha_and_beyond on Warrior Midrange
5 months ago
Good deck! I made a similar archetype a while back, though I didn't have the lifegain components as much.
You might want to play around with Glory-Bound Initiate, it has some really strong synergy with Herald of Dromoka. You're essentially attacking with a 4/4 lifelink every single turn, possibly even a 5/4, which is super powerful, even moreso if you can get double strike on it.
Mardu Strike Leader could be pretty helpful, though I concede it's a little bit slow for the gameplan you're using.
I would get rid of the Dutiful Attendants, you're already able to use Revival / Revenge to bring those creatures back at instant speed without having to wait for the Attendant to die, which is way more powerful.
Lastly, when you're working on building your sideboard, I would consider:
- Despark, a good and cheap removal card for certain situations
- Go Blank, a good tool against graveyard decks
- Lifebane Zombie, a good tool against green and white that also comes on a warrior
- Duress, a good way to fight combo decks
Good build so far, I'm excited to see where you take it!
magicbike on Isshin, Two Heavens as One
10 months ago
hey hey i took some out let me know wat you guys think
Mardu Strike Leader what i put in --->Curse of Disturbance Robber of the Rich------>Curse of Opulence Shiny Impetus---------->Hanweir Battlements Meld Slayers' Stronghold--->Hanweir Garrison Meld The Wandering Emperor------->Ilharg, the Raze-Boar
think this is a lot better
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
Strangelove on WARriors
2 years ago
Dude those dragons are doing so well (when no one wipes them)!
Did you want a similar deck? 'Cuz that's what you've got here... but I think you should lean into go-wide-aggro > midrange and play more 1-2 cmc creatures and move all your ramp to 2 (Rampant Growth, signets, etc).
Rhys the Redeemed... he's getting a reprint
Gutterbones... reusable 1-drops
Norin the Wary... free 1/1s or ETB triggers
Mist-Cloaked Herald... anything that can't be blocked
Graveblade Marauder... anything <4 with deathtouch
Alpine Houndmaster... going wide?
Malakir Cullblade... grower not a shower
I'd also recommend Golgari Charm, Boros Charm, and Heroic Intervention.
Tribal decks have so much flavor! Hope this helps, maybe we'll see it next weekend? :o
Chandra585 on Card creation challenge
2 years ago
okay, a few things-first, TypicalTimmy, Parhelion II and Mardu Strike Leader don't help trigger battalion. Battalion triggers when creatures are declared as attackers. If a creature enters attacking, it was never declared as an attacker.
hmm. a creature that shows progression through the golgari. lets try this:
whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard.
as long as there are at least 5 cards in your graveyard, ~ gets +1/+1 and has deathtouch.
As long as there are more cards in your graveyard than your library, ~ gets +3/+2, is a zombie in addition to its other types, and has menace and trample
I want to see a creature that is a situational Bogle, with Bogle in this instance meaning a 1-drop creature with hexproof. Either it is only sometimes a one-drop, or only sometimes a bogle.
Haruudry on Najeela Warrior Tribal EDH
2 years ago
Oh, and Vanquisher's Banner is to expansive, exchange that for Samut, Voice of Dissent in my opinion you want more Haste enablers. Exchange Chief of the Scale for Rushblade Commander. Personally I was never sold on Jazal Goldmane, his activation is to expansive. I'd prefer Lovisa Coldeyes, also Bramblewood Paragon is really strong. Probably better than Mardu Strike Leader. Another fun extra/infinite Combat Card is Breath of Fury but it is a litte more hit or miss. Oh yea, and ignore my Champion of Lambholt comment, I didn't see it... Overall I think you need more Carddraw. All effects like Raiders' Wake and Bident of Thassa are quite strong in this deck. In the end its your choice and which Cards you already have or are prepared to pay for. Hope I could help.
DankMagicianD on Glorious Battle
3 years ago
Blood-Chin Fanatic might be useful to push damage through blockers, although I can easily see it being too slow. Mardu Strike Leader is probably too slow as well. However, Goblin Rabblemaster is definitely worth testing.
|Have (4)||Sakkes , sepheroth119 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , DudeMan1031|
|Want (3)||gypsyjoe , Lunar_Wing , Amaterasu312|