Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Base Camp enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
: Gain one mana of any colour. Spend this mana only to cast a Cleric, Rogue, Warrior or Wizard spell, or to activate an ability of one of them.
montanaflash23 on Saskia, the Amazon
8 months ago
Mortify --> Assassin's Trophy
Base Camp --> City of Brass
Arashin Foremost --> Ochran Assassin
Angel of Glory's Rise --> Legion Loyalty
HashBR on Suicide Hammer - Budget - Feedback is welcome
10 months ago
Edited a bit.
Removed Boros Charm and Valorous Stance added some Chained to the Rocks which makes me wonder If I should try to get more dual-lands so I can get more mountains.
Also reduced some artifacts amounts with these Open the Armory.
Got Basic Lands since Base Camp is slow and not that great to a 2-color deck.
LandoLRodriguez on [PRIMER] Morophon's Tribal Tribal
11 months ago
Guerric Thanks for your input! It's actually the great strength of the elf tribal that made it occur to me when first seeing Morophon that I can smash all the best tribals together with changelings. Kinda funny cuz my final list only includes two elves, and one has a druid anthem rather than elf (Gilt-Leaf Archdruid).
Anyway, I considered most of the cards you mentioned here at one point or another. I think I decided that I had enough lands, rocks, and other ramp that I didn't need any mana dorks. Elvish Archdruid was the last one I considered though. If I find after actually playing the deck that I could use a large source of mana like he can provide, I'll find a slot for him. For the time being, Manaweft Sliver will be my source of creature-based mana.
On the other hand, I could see being in a spot where having someplace to dump mana late-game could be useful, and Ezuri, Renegade Leader could do that job. The problem with him is that he affects all elves with his ability, rather than giving the ability to all elves to use for themselves. The latter is what I'm looking for in this deck. It'll work the same most of time I think, except for in some rare cases where I wouldn't be able to use a couple specific lands (namely Base Camp and Secluded Courtyard, when not set to elves) to use his regen ability. A minor drawback, but one circumvented by any changelings by getting regen from Zombie Master instead. Ultimately though, I think this deck should be able to win without needing to pump the team like he does.
You're absolutely right that I've got the two best "all creatures are ____ type" effects in here. Maskwood Nexus is going to be the card that this deck lives or dies by. Conspiracy and Arcane Adaptation have the exact same effect, but of course the latter costs less overall. Nevertheless, Conspiracy was among the last cards I cut to get down to 100. I did decide I don't need the redundancy, its best use will be to make sure that every creature is whatever was named for The Commander for the cost reduction. The effect is of course moot with Nexus on the battlefield, which is very much a focal point of this deck, so having a second slot for the same effect isn't necessary.
That being said, Xenograft isn't nearly good enough since it's the same effect but only for creatures in play. Not affecting creature spells or creatures elsewhere means no cast triggers, tribal land usage, digging for creature types (as with Realmwalker, Tiamat, and Gishath), or Morophon cost reduction. At that same mana value tier, not nearly good enough.
Thanks for your suggestions and the upvote! Keep checking back if you'd like, I plan to write a primer when I find the time, and to maintain this list as I actually start playing it and find out what's working and what isn't.
legendofa on Card creation challenge
1 year ago
Land of Fire and Illusion
Land of Fire and Illusion enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or .
As long as you control three or more Wizards, lands you control have ": Add or . Spend this mana only to cast a Wizard spell or activate an ability of a Wizard."
Better colors than Base Camp, but more restricted ability.
Create another tribal land. Bonus points for supporting an underdeveloped creature type.
Ninjas abound. Do hiddengibbons's challenge.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
TheVectornaut on Mike's Goblinoid Attack Deck
2 years ago
Normally in a goblin deck, I'd just suggest running my lords like Goblin King , Goblin Chieftain , etc., and adding more copies of goodstuff like Goblin Grenade and Goblin Chainwhirler . However, to preserve the multiple tribe theme, I think focusing on warrior synergy would be the best idea. A good percentage of your creatures are already warriors and Blood-Chin Fanatic looks like one of the stronger cards in the deck.
Base Camp , Blood-Chin Rager , Kargan Intimidator , Boldwyr Intimidator , Lovisa Coldeyes , Obsidian Battle-Axe , and Raiders' Spoils are some warrior tribal cards in Rakdos, and Chief of the Edge , Chief of the Scale , Arashin Foremost , Herald of Dromoka , Kargan Warleader , and Mardu Woe-Reaper also apply when dipping into Mardu. I know most of these cards are just humans though, so here are some good warriors that fall under the goblinoid umbrella: Bloodmark Mentor , Goblin Bushwhacker , Goblin Cratermaker , Goblin Piledriver , Goblin Rabblemaster , Goblin Trashmaster , Krenko, Mob Boss , Pashalik Mons , Reckless Bushwhacker , Battle Brawler , Brutal Hordechief , Zurgo Bellstriker , Kazuul's Toll Collector , Ogre Battledriver , and Furystoke Giant . Which of these cards is best definitely depends on what your primary strategy is.
Anyway, good luck with your deck!
alkymyst on Budget Najeela
2 years ago
Hey! Since you asked about the mana base, I looked around a bit and found a few cards you might find interesting. Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade are basically more Gateway Plazas, and if you're fine with the slowness they cause your deck en masse, they'll be great. Grand Coliseum is a bit more pricey, though it isn't super expensive, so make whatever decision you will with that. Zendikar Rising probably has a whole bunch of stuff you'd like, but as far as lands, Base Camp could be good, even if a bit unreliable. But take a look at the set, I feel like there's some stuff for that deck there. Very cool deck!
Nagoragama on Orzhov Inquisition (WB Cleric Tribal)
2 years ago
Added the new Cleric Tribal cards from Zendikar Rising.
Considering making Orah my commander instead of the duo of Ravos and Tymna.