|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Zendikar (ZEN)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Snake
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Lotus Cobra Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, have you seen the new Stone-Coil Serpent?
2 days ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
3 days ago
If you want to go comboy then a bunch of low cost mana dorks like Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , and Lotus Cobra with Intruder Alarm to eventually pop down Craterhoof Behemoth ... But I wouldn't do that for someone's first deck. Especially in a more laid back meta.
Since you are a more laid back meta I would go for a focus on his second ability and just go all in on ETB effects. You might still include intruder alarm but it would be a value alarm rather than a combo alarm. Some awesome ETBs: Eternal Witness , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , God-Eternal Oketra , Mulldrifter , and Sun Titan .
1 week ago
Lotus Cobra is a pretty good card especially when paired with Perilous Forays which is already in your deck. You'll more than likely be able to alpha people with just sacrificing your tokens and domeing them.
1 week ago
Wow does this deck look fun to play. Thinking about changing my Karametra, God of Harvests deck due to Chulane being strictly better for a flicker strategy. I think Lotus Cobra would be a nice addition with the constant land drops. Earthcraft would also be great if you are chaining creature drops to net you untaps. Finally, Aetherflux Reservoir could be an easily tutorable alternate win-con if the plan goes bad.
1 week ago
More points for discussion
I am no longer convinced that Omnath, Locus of Rage is the best fit for the deck his only real synergy in this case is when after paying his full cost (7 mana), resolving a Scapeshift , Splendid Reclamation before using a board wipe like Damnation or Blasphemous Act wherein all this time, Omnath, Locus of Rage himself is not removed. There seem to be just too many points of failure to too little reward in this case.
I believe that Avenger of Zendikar is in a slightly different boat as the plant tokens are put down as part of the resolution, and he is not reliant red mana as well as green mana to cast. The main mana accelerant in the deck is Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to try and resole a large Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire so colour fixing large cost spells is important. Most creatures are also based around synergies such as:
Land ETBs ( Tireless Tracker ).
I think that potentially Omnath, Locus of Rage and Turntimber Sower may be the cuts to fit in Mirage Mirror and Elvish Reclaimer as more utility rather than trying divert resources into what feels like a 3-card synergy for which the deck has limited (or precious) tutors.
When the deck was originally put together (from the precon) I was throwing around a whole bunch of cards and one that caught my eye was a foil copy of Reap and Sow I had lying around. Compared to Realms Uncharted and Hour of Promise it may appear underwhelming but it does have two important distinctions: the land enters untapped, and it can be a targeted land destruction spell if needed. Now specifically this could be used to destroy two lands if needed by entwining the costs and also retrieving a Wasteland or Strip Mine but I think that an unrestricted land search effect wouldn't be unwelcome. There is limited room for cuts until a bit more testing but I think that it could be a good supplemental effect. The only concern would be having an oversaturation of land search effects without payoffs.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Lotus Cobra occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%