Arch of Orazca
Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.) T: Add ◊ to your mana pool. 5, T: Draw a card. Activate this ability only if you have the city's blessing.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Basic land|
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Basic land|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Arch of Orazca occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Arch of Orazca Discussion
2 weeks ago
Next step is card-draw and card-advantage. Unfortunately, the Boros colors are the worst at drawing cards. Graveyard recursion is a type of card advantage, so Colfenor's Urn can count. I've never seen that card before! Nice find and good instincts!
Here are some options for you.
First up, the cards I own that I'm willing to part with:
Seer's Sundial - Staff of Nin - Farsight Mask - Key to the City - Infiltration Lens - Mask of Memory - Tome of Legends - Outpost Siege - Khorvath's Fury - Humble Defector - Chandra, Flamecaller - Magus of the Wheel
Cards I don't have that you should consider:
Bonders' Enclave would be worth picking up, I think.
Browbeat - Loreseeker's Stone - Arcane Encyclopedia - Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip - Ignite the Future - Reforge the Soul - Wheel of Fate - Mind's Eye (used to be the gold-standard! Very mana-inefficient though) - Icon of Ancestry (interesting choice since it has the anthem) - Rogue's Gloves - Well of Lost Dreams (great choice with your commander!) - Coveted Jewel (ramp and draw! Unreliable and mana-expensive, but chaotic and fun!) - Mangara, the Diplomat - Runehorn Hellkite - Dragon Mage - Knollspine Dragon - Herald's Horn - Endless Atlas (a bit suspect in two-color decks unless your colors are very skewed or you have lots of Renegade Map-type cards) - Bag of Holding - Arch of Orazca - Geier Reach Sanitarium - Mazemind Tome
2 weeks ago
Te sugiero estos cambios que no son caros:
- Farhaven Elf > Quirion Trailblazer
- Yavimaya Dryad > Yavimaya Granger
- Kessig Wolf Run > Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- Bonders' Enclave > Arch of Orazca
Además, creo que le puedes hacer espacio a las siguientes cosas, también baratas:
- Rhythm of the Wild, porque asegurar que entren tus bichos y además la posibilidad de prisa es util.
- Cindervines, necesitas romper esas Propagandas que van a molestarte.
- Putrefax, porque con Xenagos, God of Revels puede matar a un oponente de un solo golpe.
- Regal Force, para recargar gasolina.
- Beast Whisperer, igual que la anterior.
- Decimator of the Provinces o End-Raze Forerunners, alternativas baratas de Craterhoof Behemoth, para terminar juegos.
- Nikya of the Old Ways, porque ya casi juegas puros bichos.
Por ultimo, Fiery Emancipation está un poco más cara, pero recibir 18 daños por lanzar un hechizo si que le llega duro a los mazos control. Igual esta puede ser también Gratuitous Violence o incluso Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, aunque creo que Emancipation vale lo que cuesta.
1 month ago
Thanks for your indepth advice, I see you have a similar deck! OK.
possible Card Draw additions:
1 month ago
Command Beacon - For when your commander is too expensive
Ancient Tomb > Temple of False
Arch of Orazca > Darksteel citadel - Darksteel is nice with cleansing fire, but arch provides draw, albeit expensive, is nice when you are inevitably out of gas
Strip Mine - Destroy coffers, cradle, urborg, field, etc...
Valakut Stoneforge - "Utility"
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - Not necessary but good to have
Hedron Archive - Ramp when you need it, draw when you don't
Humble Defector - Nice to have but not necessary, politics and card draw. Nice with homeward path should you wish
Ignite the Future - "Draw" and flashback is very powerful
Light Up the Stage - Similar to above, easy to cast with all your burn. Although truth be told, you should really cut down on burn and focus on strengthening your weaknesses rather than incorporating burn with no particular strategy
Mind's Eye - Expensive, not necessary but nice with wheels
Outpost Siege - A little slow similar to above, but often gives you many cards as people don't want to waste removal on it.
Skullclamp - Draw
Solemn Simulacrum - Draw and ramp
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - Best chandra - Ramp, draw, removal and wincon all in 1
Sensei's Divining Top - Digging 3 cards deeper is always nice
Wayfarer's Bauble - Ramp
Gauntlet of Power - Helps you achieve kicker
Caged Sun - Read above
Deflecting Swat - Redirect removal, counterspells, targetted draw, etc... way too much utility to ignore
Urza's Incubator - Ramp
Be sure to let me know what you think of each suggestion. There are more tribal cards to consider but since I don't play tribal, they are not on the top of my head. Once we go through these, we can consider other tribal cards as well. Your biggest issues are lack of ramp and card draw. For a dragon deck, it's not bad.
2 months ago
You need to decide what you want the deck to do before you can start cutting cards. Without knowing your build goal, you will not be able to know where to cut.
What do you wan this deck to do? Examples/ideas:
Is this deck mainly aggro? then keep the big monsters and the ramp. Cut the little creatures that are not mana dorks or cost reduction.
Is this deck mid-range good stuff? then cut creatures until you get 14-18, And add interaction cards to stop or negate your opponent's plays.
Is this a combo deck of some kind? For example; Is it built around Icy Manipulator + Voltaic Key for it's control? then get rid of the other stuff that is not part of that game plan.
Or is it going to cheat stuff out with Amulet and bridge? Then get rid of the icys and keys and focus on cheating big fat bombs out early.
Is it a toolbox deck? then cut your bombs and strong cards to 1 copy each and add more tutors to the deck.
These are just a tiny sample of archetypes, I am just showing how you can decide what kind of deck this is. Once you do, a lot of the cuts may become obvious depending on what you want for the deck.
But there are some cuts you should do no matter what goal you have:
-3 Fabricate (You already have 4 tinkers and 2 tezzerets), -1 Black Vise (Without support for it only 1 copy of this is just an annoyance when it shows up in your hand or is in play), -1 Paradox Engine (This is a freaking amazing card but it does not do a lot for this particular deck) , -1 Winter Orb (Like vise, without support it is not that useful with 1 copy), -1 Colossus of Akros (You have better big bombs already), -4 Etched Champion (this is a vanilla 2/2 most of the time and is probably the worst creature in your list), -4 Ornithopter (These are okay with the other cards in your deck but you will ramp into big stuff so fast they are just not too useful), -4 Welding Jar (at the very least cut it down to 2 since it synergizes with Academy Ruins. But Academy Ruins, Tinker, and Tezzeret the Seeker do the same thing kind of as this already. Id cut all of them to the maybeboard and see how it plays).
In a vacuum, none of these cards are bad by themselves. But none of these cards help you reach your goals for the deck. And only having 1 of something has a very low chance of seeing play. So if it does see play, it needs to do big things for you.
For your lands, they are another resource for the deck. So I would suggest filling in your land base with support cards. Stuff like;
+3 Buried Ruin (if you dont want to get more academy ruins), +2 Rogue's Passage (they don't hurt and can let you win off the back of one of your big creatures), +2 Arch of Orazca (really, slots of any land that gives card advantage), +5 more Islands or so, whatever gets you to 20-22 lands. If you dont want any of the other non-island cards, just add islands.
Your deck has very little interaction and I would suggest adding some to the deck. There are hundreds of options but I would look to add stuff that is similar to any of the following cards:
Spine of Ish Sah, Unstable Obelisk, or Meteor Golem. These cards synergize with academy ruins and buried ruin and can be Tinker targets when you need them. Just 1 or 2 copies of cards like these in the deck you can tutor for. Once you bring one of them online, you can keep bringing them back repeatedly to destroy your opponent's game state.
Then you need instant speed answers you can use to respond to what your opponent's do. Interaction is important and you will lose games just because you didnt have a Disenchant in your hand. Add copies of stuff like Scour from Existence, Titan's Presence, Not of This World or even repeatable stuff like Capsize or similar.
I am not saying you have to do any of the things I suggested. But you do need to decide what you want to do with the deck, cut cards, and add land and add interaction to the deck or it may just stay a hot mess like it is now.
2 months ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
2 months ago
I like how you made the deck goblin tribal and very low to the ground. How exactly do you win though, just hoping you push damage through? Moreover, have you considered adding cards that help mitigate your weakness of dealing with enchantments and card draw.
Blast Zone - Fits in the landbase easily
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle- Not sure if you should add because your deck is low to the ground but worth considering
The mass MLD cards don't seem to further your gameplan, what's the purpose? To maybe have a boardstate filled with weenies and cast the MLD? You run crucible but with no real means of tutoring for it, or a consistent draw engine, you're hoping that you cast it and it sticks for a couple turns since your ramp is mostly burst based through rituals and smaller rocks. If you're gonna run crucible, at least add some fetchlands to make it impactful. But it's really not worth it in this build at all. Your playgroup will realize you use MLD and destroy crucible on sight, hold mana open to counter your MLD and more. The deck isn't competitive enough despite it's low CMC to justify it's inclusion IMO. Really curious to hear your thoughts on this.
The free to play cards aren't that impactful, except deflecting swat because even though we will rarely cast it for free, it is still super useful.
Arch of Orazca - Fits in landbase
Endless Atlas - Cheap to buy cast and activate
Humble Defector - Not the best in this build but worth considering
Ignite the Future - Good in here since you have a low curve
Tome of Legends - Best card in Norin, hands down
Mind Stone > Fire Diamond - Doesn't tap for red, but you already have enough red sources and card draw is nice
Sword of the Animist - Repeatable rampant growth
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - Ramp, removal, draw and wincon all in 1. Might be a little high CMC for you, but the 2 mana it produces can help offset the tempo.
Myriad Landscape - Might be too slow, but worth considering
2 months ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Sunbond, Cradle of Vitality, Regna, the Redeemer, Vanquisher's Banner, Empowered Autogenerator, Thran Dynamo, Endless Horizons, Crested Sunmare, Palace Jailer, Throne of the High City, Bonders' Enclave, Arch of Orazca, Slate of Ancestry, Lapse of Certainty, Angel's Grace, Tome of Legends