Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Warrior
, Sacrifice Goblin Cratermaker: Choose one —
- Goblin Cratermaker deals 2 damage to target creature.
- Destroy target colorless nonland permanent.
RinceRaven on krenko
2 weeks ago
Alright alright so I got asked to give a bunch of suggestions so here we go. Hoo boy. Gonna try to keep most suggestions low on budget but will include the best slightly expensive cards. Should also mention I got a lot of things I know from this primer, cheers. https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/752805-competitive-krenko/en
First the draw pieces you missed: Rundvelt Hordemaster, Dark-Dweller Oracle, Skullclamp, Subira, Tulzidi Caravanner, Reforge the Soul, Conspicuous Snoop, You Find Some Prisoners. The only actual good ones you got in this draft are Idol of Oblivion and Wheel of Misfortune imo, though most are servicable.
Next up ramp: Mana doublers are too slow for a deck as fast as Krenko, and you don't have the card draw to support such cards in mono-red. Not really. Also with the 4 mana commander having 2 mana ramp becomes much, much more valued. Cheering Fanatic, Liquimetal Torque, Generator Servant, Wily Goblin, Infernal Plunge, Fire Diamond (Yes I know, I think it's fine here).
Haste: Giving Krenko (and his tokens) haste literally puts you a turn ahead over not having it. Crashing Drawbridge, Ashling's Prerogative (Even gives tokens haste too), Generator Servant (multipurpose? Whoa), Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Motivator, Lightning Greaves, Mass Hysteria, Thousand-Year Elixir (tad pricey but repeatable Krenko seems good) Bloodlust Inciter.
Wincons: gotta end the game somehow. Combo's are good: Breath of Fury, Staff of Domination, Thornbite Staff, Umbral Mantle are the best combo lines for Krenko afaik. If not/next to combo, we have good old damage: Coat of Arms, Eldrazi Monument, Impact Tremors, Obelisk of Urd, Skirk Fire Marshal, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Shared Animosity, Devilish Valet, Quest for the Goblin Lord, Throne of the God-Pharaoh.
If we let our opponents do whatever they want we'll have trouble winning, even with our speed. Luckily red has quite some options. Don't forget Liquimetal Torque can turn things into artifacts so we can shoot them easier. Abrade, Chaos Warp, Gempalm Incinerator (great removal spell, terrible creature), Goblin Assassin (wipes the floor with creature decks), Goblin Bombardment, Goblin Cratermaker, Goblin Sharpshooter, Goblin Trashmaster, Goblin Welder (hits opponents too), Mogg Salvage, Pashalik Mons, Skirk Fire Marshal (your board survives this with Coat of Arms or Eldrazi Monument), Furystoke Giant, Shattering Spree, better than Vandalblast, Wild Magic Surge.
I'm tired and my brain is dying so here's a dump of things I forgot or for didn't have a place to mentioned yet :)
Heirloom Blade, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, Blood Moon, Brash Taunter, Impulsive Pilferer, Jeska's Will, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Sledder, Mogg Raider, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Tibalt's Trickery, Mogg War Marshal, Legion Loyalist, Legion Warboss, Brash Taunter, Fable of the Mirror-Breaker Flip, Hobgoblin Bandit Lord, Muxus, Goblin Grandee (idk at what math this is good I'm sure someone did it already somewhere on the internet), Siege-Gang Commander, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Goblin Ringleader, Goblin Piledriver, Arms Dealer, Grotag Night-Runner, Goblin King (get 5th or 6th edition art btw).
Good luck on figuring things out. I'm off to bed
7 months ago
all you need is goblins, just goblins
Goblin Sharpshooter+Basilisk Collar
Mogg War Marshal - Don't Pay The Echo
Goblin Digging Team
seriously this list is to long to post here
1 year ago
pretty tight - love how it can storm out after one of the rituals when having a hazoret out to avoid getting stuck with one land in hand.
i think in monored its pretty spot on, and all i wouldve mentioned is mana echoes which you already have in mabye, and Goblin Cratermaker for being a versatile reactive card (in case you need it which i guess is more rare)
+1 from me
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Normally in a goblin deck, I'd just suggest running my lords like Goblin King , Goblin Chieftain , etc., and adding more copies of goodstuff like Goblin Grenade and Goblin Chainwhirler . However, to preserve the multiple tribe theme, I think focusing on warrior synergy would be the best idea. A good percentage of your creatures are already warriors and Blood-Chin Fanatic looks like one of the stronger cards in the deck.
Base Camp , Blood-Chin Rager , Kargan Intimidator , Boldwyr Intimidator , Lovisa Coldeyes , Obsidian Battle-Axe , and Raiders' Spoils are some warrior tribal cards in Rakdos, and Chief of the Edge , Chief of the Scale , Arashin Foremost , Herald of Dromoka , Kargan Warleader , and Mardu Woe-Reaper also apply when dipping into Mardu. I know most of these cards are just humans though, so here are some good warriors that fall under the goblinoid umbrella: Bloodmark Mentor , Goblin Bushwhacker , Goblin Cratermaker , Goblin Piledriver , Goblin Rabblemaster , Goblin Trashmaster , Krenko, Mob Boss , Pashalik Mons , Reckless Bushwhacker , Battle Brawler , Brutal Hordechief , Zurgo Bellstriker , Kazuul's Toll Collector , Ogre Battledriver , and Furystoke Giant . Which of these cards is best definitely depends on what your primary strategy is.
Anyway, good luck with your deck!
1 year ago
Hey, good budget version of Zagras.
Dagger Caster is another Goblin Chainwhirler effect who's much easier to cast. Chainer, Nightmare Adept and Viscera Seer combine to repeatedly cast Caster or Chainwhirler or other creatures. Seer sacs the creature and then you can cast it again from your graveyard with Chainer. This interaction is also good with Taborax, Hope's Demise and Malakir Blood-Priest for repeatable draw/grow Taborax/each opponent loses life/you gain life each time Priest ETB. Hooded Blightfang is repeatable life loss for each opponent and life gain for you since it triggers for each creature with deathtouch who attacks.
Pain Seer, Oona's Blackguard and Goblin Cratermaker are good budget two drops for party. Seer and Cratermaker can really benefit when having deathtouch. Chaos Warp and Feed the Swarm are ways to remove an opponent's enchantment in Rakdos and Warp can remove any permanent which is very versatile instant removal.
Dark Ritual can help to ramp into a quick Zagras. Command Tower is a staple Rainbow land in Commander for multicolored decks and Path of Ancestry is another Rainbow land that can be repeatable scry when you cast a Rogue or Vampire with it.
These 13 cards can could be added for around $8 at TCGPlayer, see list
Some budget upgrades to consider:
- Dagger Caster --> Viashino Fangtail
- Chainer, Nightmare Adept --> Graveshifter
- Viscera Seer --> Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
- Malakir Blood-Priest --> Mogg War Marshal
- Hooded Blightfang --> Judith, the Scourge Diva
- Pain Seer --> Rushblade Commander
- Oona's Blackguard --> Blackbloom Rogue
- Goblin Cratermaker --> Banewhip Punisher
- Chaos Warp --> Walk the Plank
- Feed the Swarm --> Price of Fame
- Dark Ritual --> Forked Bolt
- Command Tower --> 1x Mountain
- Path of Ancestry --> 1x Swamp
Good luck with your deck.