, : Gain .
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Boros Signet Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, what you have so far is fine with many good cards, but also quite a few cards that look out of place or could be replaced with better even budget options. I see that you're not finished yet with your first version since have only 18 lands as well as missing Command Tower.
I want to mention that if you want to gain life then a good way is playing flying Angels who have lifelink who you can cheat onto the battlefield with Kaalia or even cast. Gaining life from attacking Angels goes well with the overall game plan of cheating creatures onto the battlefield attacking.
After you add more lands to get 35-38 then also consider adding more ramp?
Cards such as Wanderer's Twig and Armillary Sphere are not ramp since they don't put the land you get onto the battlefield, it goes into your hand for a land drop. These types of cards are quite bad when there's actual mana rock ramp that could be added. Weathered Wayfarer also isn't ramp, but the difference is it can be a repeatable effect to get a land which is worth it from a one drop. A reason to add more ramp is as a backup plan to be able to cast high CMC creatures if and when Kaalia gets disrupted since don't count on having/controlling Kaalia all game.
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Zetalpa, Primal Dawn is kinda mana intensive, but can win you the game with all it’s keywords. Also surprised not to see a couple white staples, Tragic Arrogance and Darksteel Mutation are just phenomenal re moral in the commander format. Also, you’ve got a Boros Signet on your main list and Arcane Signet on the maybe board, but Arcane is just superior to Boros just because it doesn’t cost the mana the turn you play it. Though I’d recommend both, you could really use more ramp…
1 week ago
Hey, good work in progress so far for a first deck with an interesting concept.
Command Tower and Arcane Signet are two staples to consider adding. Consider adding some flying creatures who can disrupt your opponent to help you do keep the monarch and some repeatable sources of flying creatures?
- Archon of Emeria and Rule of Law can bring the game to a halt which helps you to keep the monarch.
- Windborn Muse and Ghostly Prison make it more difficult for opponents to attack you which helps you to keep the monarch.
- Aven Mindcensor: doesn't let your opponents tutor which can give you a big advantage.
- Luminarch Ascension: it cares about each opponent's end step meaning in multiplayer Commander that it can get counters quick.
- Court of Grace: another source of the monarch.
Blind Obedience can be opponent mana rock ramp disruption and shuts off haste of opponent's creatures who might want to attack you. With Cunning Rhetoric opponent may not want to attack you because then you'll exile card from top of their library.
The mana curve is very high here since you have so many 5 CMC, 6 CMC or higher cards. Cutting some of them for lower CMC cards and more ramp would help gameplay. More two drop mana rocks can make it easier/faster to cast Marchesa. Since she's a 4 CMC creature then a turn two mana rock can potentially let you cast her turn three if you make your land drops.
- Arcane Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Thought Vessel: no max hand size can help when you're drawing a lot of cards with the monarch.
- Boros Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Rakdos Signet
Some lands to consider adding in place of some basic lands that are within your budget to improve the manabase:
- Rainbow lands: Command Tower, Exotic Orchard, Path of Ancestry
- Fetch lands: Fabled Passage
- Mardu lands: Nomad Outpost
- Bond lands: Vault of Champions, Spectator Seating
- Pain lands: Caves of Koilos, Battlefield Forge
- Filter lands: Rugged Prairie, Fetid Heath, Graven Cairns
- Check lands: Dragonskull Summit, Isolated Chapel, Clifftop Retreat
- Tango lands: Smoldering Marsh
If you're playing Dark Depths then consider Thespian's Stage? Stage is the land that combos with Depths to get Marit Lage. When you control Depths and Stage pay 2 mana to copy Depths with Stage. Stage becomes Depths with no ice counters on it and the legendary rule will take place since you can't control two legendary Depths at the same time. Choose to keep Stage and remove Depths. Since Stage has no ice counters it's saced to create Marit Lage.
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice upgrades so far.
Since you added Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth consider also adding Staff of Domination? Staff is an outlet with infinite colorless mana to draw and cast artifacts, repeatable sac and exile them with Osgir. Staff with infinite mana lets you repeatedly tap and untap Osgir. Goblin Engineer can tutor for any one of these combo artifacts, get it into your graveyard to reanimate by sacing any other artifact or exile it with Osgir.
Oswald Fiddlebender is a repeatable artifact tutor from Adventures of the Forgotten Realms who also gets artifacts into your graveyard to exile with Osgir. Lotus Bloom and Sol Talisman are mana rocks that have suspend, but they're CMC is 0. When they're in your graveyard they cost zero mana to exile with Osgir. You have cards here that make you discard and these are artifacts you want to discard. Boros Signet and Talisman of Conviction are more two drop Boros mana rocks.
Some changes to consider:
- Staff of Domination --> Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
- Goblin Engineer --> Hellkite Igniter
- Oswald Fiddlebender --> Hoard-Smelter Dragon
- Lotus Bloom --> Rout
- Sol Talisman --> Boros Locket
- Boros Signet --> Temple of the False God
- Talisman of Conviction --> Forgotten Cave
Good luck with your deck.
4 weeks ago
As someone who has a Kykar deck, I'd definitely recommend cutting some lands and adding some more artifact ramp such as Boros Signet, Azorius Signet, Izzet Signet and Mind Stone. Casting these will trigger Kykar, netting you a spirit token and helping to ramp you further ahead. I'd try and stick somewhere around 33-34 lands.
Other cards I'd recommend are Murmuring Mystic as another flying token producer, Jubilant Skybonder to help keep the heat off your fliers, Boros Charm for anti-boardwipe protection, Whirlwind of Thought for some more card draw and Immolating Gyre as a one-sided board wipe. Raugrin Triome is probably also worth a look.
Kykar is a super cool commander and I wish he had more lore. I really wanna know what plane he's from so I can tweak my basic land art accordingly. lol
1 month ago
Hey, good work in progress and nice borderless alternative art Kaalia :)
Austere Command and Ruinous Ultimatum are two powerful board wipes. Both these wipes can be only opponent sided which can give you a huge board presence advantage. Kaalia really benefits from ramp as a backup plan to cast high CMC creatures if you can't cheat them onto the battlefield. My advice is find deck spots for more ramp.
- Arcane Signet --> Rapacious Dragon, since you have Goldspan Dragon, Rapacious is not needed.
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots --> Hellkite Punisher, subpar creature compared to the other seven drops.
If you only added two more ramp sources then these are the two to add. Rakdos can be cheated onto the battlefield with Kaalia and then he alone can be a backup being a source of colorless mana for ramp when he or any other creatures you control do combat damage to an opponent.
Can't go wrong with adding the the other Signets, more two drop ramp that's also color fixing to help the 20+ basic lands.
You have several really good lands Mesa, Foundry, Spectator, Vault, Haven, Gemstone, Savai, but then the rest of the manabase has much worse filler lands as well as 20 basic lands.
- Command Tower --> Akoum Refuge
- Exotic Orchard --> Bloodfell Caves
- Caves of Koilos --> Scoured Barrens
- Battlefield Forge --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Nomad Outpost --> Temple of Malice
Tower is a staple land for multicolored Commander decks. Orchard is also a staple land for three or more color decks in multiplayer. If you only added these five they would improve the manabase quite a bit, but you could take it further and add more dual lands in place of some basic lands to help color fixing which in return helps gameplay.
Of course all these land suggestions are budget ones, there's many other more expensive price lands such as other Rainbow lands, more Fetch lands, more Shock lands, Filter lands, other Check lands.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Some changes to consider:
- Vile Entomber --> Ankle Shanker
- Unmarked Grave --> Humble Defector
- Goblin Bombardment --> Mardu Ascendancy
- Viscera Seer --> Butcher of the Horde
- Karmic Guide --> Tajic, Blade of the Legion
- Ravenous Chupacabra --> Intrepid Hero
- Solemn Simulacrum --> Utter End
- Zephyr Boots --> Anointed Procession
- Exotic Orchard --> Temple of the False God
- Spectator Seating --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Vault of Champions --> Temple of Triumph
- Talisman of Conviction or Boros Signet --> Darksteel Ingot
- Talisman of Hierarchy or Orzhov Signet --> Savai Crystal
Both Goblin Bombardment and Viscera Seer are sac outlets that add to the infinite combo here of Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap . Anointed Procession is a good card, but it's an expensive price card that's not doing much here because there's not a strong token sub theme. By sub theme I mean 10 or more cards that care about tokens. You could add more creatures who create tokens when they ETB such as Siege-Gang Commander , but I don't think you need them.
Ankle Shanker is an attack trigger which you will not get when you reanimate him with Alesha. Creatures who have a tap activated ability are less good with Alesha since when you reanimate them with her they ETB tapped not letting them tap to activate.
2 months ago
Hey, nice changes. Boros Signet is an upgrade for Solemn Simulacrum which at 4 CMC is too high for a ramp source. You can abuse Sunforger with Mistveil Plains which is an upgrade for Temple of Triumph .
Some haste enablers to try out:
- Escape Velocity : Wyleth also works with auras and while they're not as reliable as equips there's some exceptions such as auras that can return themselves from your graveyard with escape.
- Lightning Greaves : is worth playing because of it's 0 equip cost. Just equip another creature before you want to add more equips to Wyleth and then when done equip Wyleth with Greaves.
- Ring of Valkas : after giving haste can grow Wyleth on your turn each turn.
The interaction of Puresteel Paladin + Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith is very good with Wyleth. Toggo creates equipment (Rocks) for free with landfall. Each time a Rock is created it triggers Puresteel to draw. Rocks help or three of them can activate metalcraft and can then 0 equip all Rocks to Wyleth.
Some other cards that could be cut for better options:
- Oblivion Ring
- Return to Dust
- Fires of Invention : only being able to cast spells during your turn is too much a drawback in Commander.
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Sword of Body and Mind : the worst Sword when opponents have 99 card decks.
- Luminous Broodmoth
- Osgir, the Reconstructor : needs it own dedicated deck as Commander.
- Zirda, the Dawnwaker