, : Gain .
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , rockleemyhero|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Boros Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Boros Signet Discussion
2 weeks ago
Awesome deck! Love the commander. Certainly one of those I love seeing at the table because I know there's going to be a lot of fun.
Some recommendations for cuts: Ancestral Blade seems kind of weak for the deck. Give you a token you cant recur with Alesha and only gives +1/+1. Boros Signet and Rakdos Signet , as I don't generally like the signet's, but I know a lot of people like them. Promise of Tomorrow seems like a good win con card, but it doesn't work with this deck since Alesha want's to bring creatures back from the graveyard. Inspiring Captain seems like a good card for the deck, but you cant bring it back with Alesha and really will only help once or twice at best. Archetype of Aggression , Rogue's Passage , Demystify , Return to Dust , Shimmering Grotto , and Take Vengeance , are other cut's ID make personally. They don't add enough or do enough and there better options available.
I could see Rise of the Dark Realms being an awesome card with this deck, but it fits in almost all deck hahah.
I hope these recommendations helped. Upvote from me.
2 weeks ago
So honestly, the thing your deck is going to suffer from the most, is the same most other Kaalia of the Vast decks suffer from. Kaalia is a Kill on Sight commander. I think trying to get her out quicker and protect her to enable you to start triggering her abilities and swinging in is going to be the biggest issue.
Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots will enable Kaalia to be protected and have haste when she comes out to play, and just simple ramp like Rakdos Signet , Orzhov Signet , Boros Signet and also the Talismans as well, could really help you speed up getting Kaalia down, and doing what she needs to do.
Hope this helps
2 weeks ago
Hey, you're welcome. Nice update so far.
Yes, Cliffhaven Vampire is an upgrade for Epicure of Blood because Cliffhaven is one less mana and has flying. Etchings of the Chosen is a good card with Vamp tokens, it's a an upgrade for Ethereal Absolution or Curse of Vitality .
For €10 get Captivating Vampire 5, Drana, Liberator of Malakir 3, Sol Ring 1. Sol is a staple card in Commander for ramp and it helps when playing a lot of high CMC cards. Having a powerful three drop Vamp to curve into after one and two drops Vamps with Vamp tokens is good for the mid game. Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Captivating Vampire are two of the better three drop Vamps to get damage done in the mid game until you can cast Edgar or Regent later on.
Changes to consider to add these three are:
- Captivating Vampire --> Bloodbond Vampire
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir --> Blood Baron of Vizkopa
- Sol Ring --> Teysa Karlov
You still want to cut three cards to make 100. Cards to consider cutting:
- Thief of Blood : Thief removes all counters from your creatures too and Edgar puts counters on your creatures.
- Ethereal Absolution
- Grave Betrayal
My advice for the next upgrades are to improve the manabase and ramp by adding more dual lands that can ETB untapped and mana rocks to improve ramp. This can be done by cutting lands that always ETB tapped and some five/four/three CMC cards for ramp to help to cast the better high CMC cards such as Edgar. This change will speed up game play making it easier to cast one, two and three drop Vamps.
The avg. CMC of your deck is high at 3.5, with only 33 lands can be inconsistent to have mana to cast cards. Low CMC mana rocks can be used in place of lands since they can make mana and also help with color fixing.
Some examples of mana rock and budget land upgrades:
- Arcane Signet --> Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
- Orzhov Signet --> Kheru Bloodsucker
- Boros Signet --> Malakir Cullblade
- Rakdos Signet --> Blood for Bones
- Caves of Koilos --> Forsaken Sanctuary
- Exotic Orchard --> Boros Guildgate
- Battlefield Forge --> Stone Quarry
- Smoldering Marsh --> Rakdos Guildgate
- Tainted Field --> Orzhov Guildgate
2 weeks ago
Here's a few that came intuitively:
1 month ago
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you're building an all-in voltron deck so that you can win fast? And you're on a budget too. If that's the case, I have some food for thought for ya.
1) If fast, all-in voltron is the plan, then you can everything in your deck to support that plan. You're on the right track with hitting magic numbers (7 for 3 hit-clock) and then speeding that up with double strike, double damage, and extra combats. Keep that up. If you have enough double strike, double damage, and extra combats you don't even need to boost Haktos- consistent doubling on him turns him into a 2-turn kill. You also want to be aggressive, so you'll either want ways to grant haste to Haktos or ways to ramp him out earlier. This means enchantments like Fervor or the hammer that you already run will be nice. If talking about ramp, 2-mana ramp is important since it lets you get Haktos down a turn earlier. So stuff like Arcane Signet , Boros Signet , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , Star Compass that taps for colored mana that Haktos needs. Then of course, since Haktos has built-in protection you don't need to run as much, but I'd still recommend running some. Sejiri Shelter Flip is a nice one that can double as a land.
2) I would focus my plan on only things that support Haktos and the voltron plan. So I would run voltron-support, card advantage, ramp, interaction/removal, and not much else. If fast voltron is the name of the game, it's important to not dilute your deck with things that won't help you get to that point.
1 month ago
Hey, making an Angel deck on a budget is not easy, well done.
My advice is to cut several high CMC cards for more low CMC ramp, more lower CMC Angels and repeatable draw sources. Some cards to consider adding, in order of best to worst and then I'll explain my suggestions.
- Righteous Valkyrie : three drop Angel, repeatable life gain and a +2/+2 anthem effect.
- Court of Grace : can be repeatable draw, 4/4 Angels or 1/1 Spirits.
- Boros Signet
- Talisman of Conviction
- Valkyrie Harbinger : it's less than $1, not $7.
- Youthful Valkyrie : two drop Angel who grows.
- Emeria Angel : four drop Angel, repeatable 1/1 Birds with landfall.
- Knight of the White Orchid : two drop ramp for a Plains.
- Oketra's Monument
- Palace Jailer : can be repeatable draw, creature removal.
- Ghostly Prison : $2, helps to keep the monarch.
- Resplendent Marshal : three drop Angel.
- War Room : repeatable draw for 2 life.
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : repeatable draw, can be repeatable exile, can tutor for and cheat an Angel onto the battlefield.
- Endless Atlas
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Commander's Sphere
- Needleverge Pathway Flip
- Alpine Meadow : cards that can search for a Plains can search for this land.
- Boros Garrison
- Temple of Triumph
Aurelia and Avacyn are the high CMC Angels you want to play more then the rest therefore consider cutting several other high CMC Angels? Emeria Shepherd 's repeatable reanimation by playing a Plains makes other Angels who reanimate less needed. You want more of an established battlefield of Angels before you play Aureila to take advantage of her haste and extra combat. There's a new Magic set called Kaldheim and in the set are many Angels for Boros with Righteous Valkyrie as the stand out.
Consider cutting some high CMC Angels for more ramp to help to cast Aureila and the other Angels quicker? An example is cutting Akroma, Angel of Fury for a two drop ramp Boros Signet . Signet helps to cast Aurelia or any other Angel way before you can cast Akroma. For the same amount of mana you could cast Avacyn therefore you don't really need Akroma.
In Commander you want repeatable draw sources, but Boros has an overall problem with drawing cards. A mechanic called the monarch helps and it's fun in multiplayer Commander. Court of Grace when you have the monarch creates a 4/4 Angel at your upkeep. If not it creates a 1/1 Spirit no matter what it's creating a flying creature.
When you have the monarch at your end step you draw a card. Any opponent who does combat damage to you then becomes the monarch. Once any player is the monarch then it can change who's the monarch throughout the game. Your goal however is to keep the monarch because then it becomes a repeatable draw source for no additional mana to draw.
An advantage that Angels have with the monarch is their flying and vigilance. If you lose the monarch it will be easier to get it back with flying creatures by doing combat damage to the opponent who's the monarch. Vigilance lets you attack and then keep your creatures back on defense making it more difficult for an opponent to do combat damage to you. Any player can play a card that makes them the monarch which means you will lose the monarch, but you can get it back.
I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Thanks! Boros Reckoner really isn't too bad to cast when I run this deck online (MTGO). The Boros Signet does a lot of heavy lifting in multiple ways. With Boros Reckoner I can use both the AND the . Usually I don't get tron online until turn 4 or 5, sometimes not at all. But casting a Blasphemous Act a little late usually clears a few extra creatures and makes it cheaper to cast.
The Boros Signet also makes it possible for me to cast the colored stuff with tron mana.
Ideally I want to cast the damage conversion guy turn 2 or 3 and then hit it with the lightning turn 3 or 4 .
1 month ago
The deck could use some more ramp options and fixing. Some budget format staples for this include Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , and Ash Barrens are all good cards to help you get the colors you need. For ramp, you're pretty much going to be stuck to artifact-based ramp, so Sol Ring , Rakdos Signet , Boros Signet , and Orzhov Signet are all good options for this deck.
I would also recommend upping your spot removal portion of the deck. You've got good wraths, but sometimes you don't need to blow up all of the things, especially if that would mean losing your own artifacts or enchantments. Return to Dust is very good. Even just a Disenchant could be a decent addition. Also just as fun synergy for creature removal, Crib Swap counts as a vampire spell, and so would give you a vampire token if you cast it.
You've got good card draw, but a couple other suggestions, Twilight Prophet is great for drawing extra cards and has obvious synergy, and Mentor of the Meek will let you draw cards whenever your commander makes a token (and speaking of, Anointed Procession will let you make twice the tokens)
Lastly I'd recommend Forerunner of the Legion since it's a solid tutor for this kind of deck.
My own Edgar deck isn't really refined since I built it a while ago, but if it's of any help, you can check out what's currently in it as well.