, : Gain .
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (8)||Wingstar22 , bloodmoonhowler , spencesteck , EKTurduckin , aed339 , jakwok21 , BladeWing517 , TooManyMichaels|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Boros Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%
RW (Boros): 5.71%
RBW (Mardu): 1.94%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 17.91%
Boros Signet Discussion
5 days ago
Skyknight Vanguard is a pretty cheap knight with flying that also produces an additional body on attack although it is a soldier.
I’ve always like Fleetfeather Sandals since they give flying and hast to a creature.
Moonsilver Spear will make you some angel tokens that can be good flyers for the board.
A fun card I also always had in mind when I was working on a similar deck was Bludgeon Brawl since it will turn all of your mana rocks into equipment that will help your creatures hit hard.
3 weeks ago
Woah, holy knights.
Okay. So. first thing is first. Obviously, we are going knights tribal. The second thing to think about is what is it's theme. You said you want to go King Arthur. Honestly, King Kenrith makes for a better King Arthur deck. But, we're working with Syr Gwynn, so, we are more focusing on the Knights of King Arthur.
Are you wanting more of a knight heavy creature based deck, or equipment based deck. in my deck Valiant Knights of Eldraine, I focused more on a split of equipment and knights giving me 13 equipment and a total of 11 knights including Syr Gywn and 6 non knight creatures. Now, I've built my deck to try to be as powerful as I possibly can make it. What I'm going to suggest below is more flavor and theme based.
I think a cool direction to take this would be focusing on the Legendary theme, after all King Arthur is the most legendary legend of all time. And there is a perfect card that is knightly and legendary centered and it is, The Circle of Loyalty. For each knight already on the field, it costs one less. And when it is on the the field, for each legendary spell you cast, it creates a knight, and lets you sink some unused mana into making another knight.
Okay, we have our legendary theme. Let's round this out with some legendary weapons (think Excalibur) and legendary knights. Most renderings of King Arthur has anywhere from 12-15 knights at his table. I say we go somewhere in between and pick 13 legendary knights. Looking at the gatherer, I see a total of 31 legendary knights, but only 24 possible in our colors. I'd wittle it down to these 13 knights and 1 dragon. Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Arvad the Cursed, Aryel, Knight of Windgrace, Balan, Wandering Knight, Danitha Capashen, Paragon, Josu Vess, Lich Knight, Kwende, Pride of Femeref, Lena, Selfless Champion, Sylvia Brightspear and her dragon buddy Khorvath Brightflame, Syr Gywn, Hero of Ashvale, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor, and Vona, Butcher of Magan.
Next, I would put in an equipment for each of the knights. So, 13 equipments. Keeping with the legendary theme, there are 18 legendary equipments. My choices for the 13 to use are Blackblade Reforged, Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, Embercleave, Godsend, Helm of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra, Shield of Kaldra, Helm of the Host, Konda's Banner, Shadowspear, Sword of the Animist, Tenza, Godo's Maul, and Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang.
So far that is a total of 28 legendary cards. You're going to want between 35 and 38 lands in this deck, I'd personally go with 36 bringing the total up to 64 leaving 46 spaces. Out of those 46 spaces, I'd want atleast another 10 ramp spells so, I'd look into Tithe, Weathered Wayfarer, Knight of the White Orchid, Arcane Signet, Boros Signet, Orzhov Signet, Rakdos Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Hierarchy, and Talisman of Indulgence.
With the 36 spaces left, we probably want some card draw and tutors to get our knights equipment. Knights of the Black Rose, Puresteel Paladin, Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, Enlightened Tutor, Open the Armory, Steelshaper's Gift, Scheming Symmetry, Herald's Horn, Icon of Ancestry, and Vanquisher's Banner are all really good here giving us 11 options to dig, leaving us with 25 spots left.
Can't forget removal. I'd personally go with 7 single target and 4 board wipes. Those being Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, Crackling Doom, Utter End, Righteous Confluence, Return to Dust, Rakdos Charm, Wrath of God, Single Combat, and Tragic Arrogance.
With the remainder of the 15 spots, I would fill it with some utility and cards to push through for the win. Here I would look into Knights' Charge, Master Warcraft, War Flare, Boros Charm, Unbreakable Formation, Heavenly Blademaster, Knight Exemplar, Leonin Shikari, Silverwing Squadron, Nahiri, Storm of Stone, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord, Bloodforged Battle-Axe, Sunforger, and Sigiled Sword of Valeron.
This should be a pretty well rounded and focused deck, or at least a path for you to take if you so choose.
1 month ago
Hi there! Welcome to the Legion!
Since you are new I must tell you about some very basic deckbuilding fundamentals.
- 36 lands
- 10 Ramp
- 10 Draw
Long Story: Command Zone episode on deckbuilding templates
So let's talk about draw and ramp, the two most important and fundamental aspects of the game. Every deck needs them. and Boros is not particularly good at it. That said, we've got some solid options. Ramp first. I like to focus on 2cmc because it has the best $ to usefulness ratio. I can't comment on all of them, pick according to your budget.
- Sol Ring - every commander deck will have one of these
- Talisman of Conviction
- Arcane Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Boros Signet
- Sword of the Animist - perfect for casting a equipping around your 3cmc commander
- Mind Stone - also bad draw
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Coldsteel Heart
- Dockside Extortionist - expensive ritual
- Commander's Sphere - also okay draw
- Coalition Relic
- Myriad Landscape - goes in the land base
Draw: You need to draw into the spells you want to play. Here's how. Again pick based on budget.
- Humble Defector - political tool
- Light Up the Stage
- Ignite the Future
- Tectonic Reformation (Land Tax)
- Knollspine Dragon - dragon synergy
- Tome of Legends - great with two commanders
- Outpost Siege
- Wheel of Fortune - you can see Boros weakness in draw showing here, we have to resort to wheels
- Reforge the Soul
- Magus of the Wheel
Over deck thoughts:
You want dragons and knights. Start cutting all else.
Dump Sunforger. It's a distraction.
That's all for now. Let me know if you have any questions.
1 month ago
Hey, your Commanders care about two types of creatures, Dragons and Knights. This is the simplest approach to consider is add more Dragons and some Knights? A higher amount of Dragons than Knights seems better with your two Commanders because double strike with Dragons who already fly is more powerful then Knights with flying.
Dragons are high mana cost creatures therefore consider more ramp? More ramp so you can cast Dragons especially Khorvath faster. Sylvia doesn't do much until you have a Dragon on the battlefield which ramp can help with.
You can't play Gruul Locket and Orzhov Locket in a Boros Commander deck. Can only play cards that are red, white or red/white because these are the color identities of your Commanders. Cards with black and green even though they also have red or white aren't legal with Boros.
What's the budget for your deck? Cards $1 or less each to consider adding:
Mana Rocks/Other Ramp
- Boros Signet
- Talisman of Conviction
- Dragon's Hoard
- Seething Song
- Mana Geyser
- Dragonlord's Servant
- Burnished Hart
- Iron Myr
- Gold Myr
Dragons/Cards that support Dragons
- Skyship Stalker
- Dragon Hatchling
- Dragon Egg
- Lathliss, Dragon Queen
- Scourge of Valkas
- Dragon Tempest: haste for Dragons.
- Steel Hellkite
- Moltensteel Dragon
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Tyrant's Familiar
- Hellkite Charger
- Drakuseth, Maw of Flames
- Sarkhan the Masterless
- Dragon Mantle
Dragons who can pump their own power which is called "firebreathing" are good with double strike.
- Silverblade Paladin: soulbound can change creatures.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon
- Thalia's Lancers: legendary card tutor.
- Mask of Memory: an equipped creature with double strike who isn't blocked does combat damage twice to an opponent meaning you draw four cards.
- Rogue's Gloves: with flying it's easier to do combat damage.
The nice thing about these equipment is the interaction with double strike. These equipment can also be repeatable draw and if the equipped creature dies, the equipment isn't destroyed, can equip another creature.
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Here's a some more staple cards you should consider:
- Vandalblast is arguably the best artifact board wipe in the game.
- Blasphemous Act is a must-run in any red deck. It's red's best board wipe, hands down.
- Bedevil has a very specific casting cost, but the payoff is its flexibility.
- Rakdos Charm – never leave home without it. Modal graveyard hate, the ability to really mess up a token swarm deck, and at worst targeted artifact removal is too good not to run.
- Darksteel Mutation to make their commander a bug.
- Smoldering Marsh
- Graven Cairns,Rugged Prairie, and Fetid Heath
- Shadowblood Ridge
- Battlefield Forge, Sulfurous Springs, and Caves of Koilos – the 1 life won't matter much, and you have plenty of access to incidental life gain in your colors.
- Tainted Field and Tainted Peak if you run end up being Swamp heavy.
- Arcane Signet
- Rakdos Signet, Boros Signet, and Orzhov Signet
- Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Indulgence, and Talisman of Hierarchy
- If you can swing it, Smothering Tithe is one of the best white cards printed for commander in a loooooong time. I'd run it in any white deck.
- Goblin Bombardment is one of my favoritest free sacrifice outlets. Sac outlets are way more flexible than you'd think – someone going to blow up your board? Make them eat however much damage. They want to steal a creature? How about no. Someone plays something like Imprisoned in the Moon on Alesha? Sac her first before she's a land forever more.
- You could also consider blink effects like Ephemerate and Eerie Interlude as multi-function board protection and ETB abuse.
I'm sure I'll be back with more recommendations later ;)
1 month ago
Hiya! I really like this list. You've got some cards that I've never seen for Feather, the Redeemed before that I'll probably be adding to my list.
With that, I've got a few recommendations.
First off, I recommend you bump the land count up to 37-38 lands. I've noticed Feather decks tend to be very mana hungry, and so it is really important to make your land drop every single turn. Without a copy of Land Tax, that just won't happen every turn with only 34 lands (assuming you play under the London Mulligan).
The other is adding more ramp to your deck. I noticed you counted cards like Land Tax and Armillary Sphere as ramp. As great as those lands are at securing your land drop and fixing your colors, they are not ramp cards as they don't provide you with more mana than you would have access to otherwise. I recommend adding in two-mana artifacts that tap for a colored mana such as Arcane Signet, Boros Signet, Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Conviction, and the two Diamonds Marble Diamond and Fire Diamond. Not only will this add to the ramp of the deck to help with the need for more mana, these I've found playing my version of the deck let you play a mana rock on turn two, and then cast Feather on turn 3 with the ability to hold up mana for a protection spell.
With that in mind though let me know how the deck has been playing, I'd love to hear about it!
1 month ago
Orzhov Signet, Boros Signet, Rakdos Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Hierarchy, and Talisman of Indulgence for rocks, Sneak Attack, Quicksilver Amulet and Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded for cheats
1 month ago
A couple things:
1) minus 30 points for having monocolor cards in your deck. (joking, of course)
2) are you sure about all of your rocks costing 3 mana? You should definitely be running Sol Ring and should probably be running the signets (Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, and Gruul Signet) and the talismans (Talisman of Unity, Talisman of Conviction, and Talisman of Impulse).
4) while you have plentiful board wipes, some removal for noncreature permanents may not go amiss. Good ol' Naturalize, Disenchant, Nature's Chant, Return to Nature, Hull Breach, Artifact Mutation, Aura Mutation, are all pretty solid selections, but you should def look into multicolor creatures that can do the same thing.
5) some sac outlets would be awesome for this deck!!