Creature — Snake
Flash (You can cast this spell at any time that you could cast an instant.)
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this would deal to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ambush Viper Discussion
1 week ago
8 months ago
Week 1 Swaps
Opened 6 packs Lorwyn, replacements are in no particular order.
8 months ago
MagicMarc: Thank you for the feedback. I've tweaked the card choices and numbers for years, so I really appreciate the positive opinion about that. In 1v1, it can many times win by grinding. I don't have much interaction, and that might be a weakness. I usually balance this by having very efficient creatures. Many of the big snakes scale very well over the course of a game (pun not intended...). I can't say a lot about multiplayer, though. I could add some Ambush Viper, I guess.
Regarding Oracle: The first iterations of the deck massively overloaded on 2-drops. Snakes have many great 2-drops, but cutting down on these is key to having a functioning mana curve. It's an awesome card, but it doesn't fit the Rest of the gameplan.
11 months ago
While I hate playing against counter-heavy decks, and probably shouldn't help them improve, I do have some ways to (hopefully) make the deck better:
As is, you're running too few lands, given the amount of 4-drops. Also, I'd play some amount of Rewind, as it lets you counter a spell AND play a threat on turn 4+.
Titanic Growth is underwhelming in flash decks. They just need to tempo out the opponent, which is best done with value creatures and bounce and/or counter spells.
Frilled Mystic is a great tempo play. If you up the land count, you should play all 4.
Hope that helps. Good luck with the deck!
1 year ago
@Nb Wow. Ok. Thanks xD
Tbh, I didn't have a chance to properly play this deck yet. So it's kind of mind boggling for me someone went ahead and analyzed this deck so thoroughly. Thank you.
1) The choice of amount of mana fixing in this deck purely comes from tappedout's handy "Draw hand" feature. Means I drew a hand and told myself "Do I have the correct mana to possibly do something with this hand?". The main problem here is having a virtually pure Golgari deck with a commander that also needs . So I just added as much fixing until I felt most the hands I drew allowed to have a decent start in the early game. If you say there are too many taplands and I should add more basic lands and add as more fixing as is needed, I'll look into that.
2) Bojuka Bog can definitely go in there. Thanks for the suggestion!
3) Yeah, I thought about that too. Definitely gonna put in some more ramp next time I revise this deck.
4) Splinterfright is already in the deck? Are there any other cards you could see being replaced with better cards?
5) As I said, I didn't have a chance to properly play this deck yet. But the idea was mainly to make use of Karador's ability to play creatures from my graveyard. Even if Karador gets removed, in the best case scenario he will always only cost 3 CMC. Also he enables to kind of treat my graveyard as a "giant hand" and milling myself is basically the same as drawing cards. So there is also a kind of control aspect to it, why I definitely would consider to put in more cards like Cavalier of Night or Ambush Viper, as Malsorn suggested. I have no idea how this will play out though, maybe the main win condition may actually be something else, if that's the case I can accept the idea of switching to another more fitting commander.
Thank you very much for giving me your feedback!
1 year ago
I personally think that's a lot of guildgates and taplands. I'd dump the no-ability taplands and replace them with Canopy Vista, Scattered Groves, and Bojuka Bog, and I'd dump the guildgates for Wood Elves and two basics, it'll help speed the deck up a little. Cavalier of Night could be a good one depending on your budget, gives you some more removal options, also see Reclamation Sage, Ambush Viper and Acidic Slime.
1 year ago
One easy cut is Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary due to him being banned. Also if primal surge is your goal, you should probably cut your other instants and sorceries.
potential cuts: - Blanchwood Armor having big creatures is scary enough, them having +10/+10 is obviously good but it's a bit win more.
Ambush Viper just doesn't really do anything exciting
Predator Ooze pretty slow unless you have ways to abuse +1/+1 couters imo
you have 2 Yeva, 2 rogue's passages, 2 yaviamaya hollow
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's just kind of a 10/10 and that's it
Verdant Force it's good just not the greatest imo
Some potential includes:
1 year ago
Love me some budget decks. You've got some pretty funny stuff going on like Ambush Viper that I might have to steal for a deck. Have you considered Return of the Wildspeaker? It's a little better than overrun but it's almost a dollar and I'm not sure what your budget restrictions are