Land — Mountain Plains
(: Gain or .)
As this enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, this enters the battlefield tapped.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , CampbellStev|
|Want (3)||NapoleonBonaparte , Redbeard09 , ZMikeD|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sacred Foundry Discussion
3 days ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
2 weeks ago
I also have a Monastery Mentor I could trade. Hit me up with any offers.
Going by TCGplayer Market the trades are within $1 of each other.
2 weeks ago
Sacred Forge... I think that needs to be Sacred Foundry
1 month ago
I’m building a Boros Samurai Equipment deck and need a few cards for it.
I don’t wanna trade my Monastery Mentor unless it’s for some of the higher value wants.
Check out my Binder and let me know if we can work out a trade!
3 months ago
There's also Manamorphose if you want to get fancy and have a way of benefitting from the cantrip or additional spell cast like in storm.
Honestly you can do really well with just 4x Clifftop Retreat checking for plains and mountains.
For mana ramping your choices are pretty limited.
In red you have Braid of Fire , Goldspan Dragon especially with treasure generating cards, Desperate Ritual , Pyretic Ritual , Vessel of Volatility , one of my favorites is Geosurge into Oblivion Sower , Koth of the Hammer , and Soulbright Flamekin
In white you really only have a few tricks like generating a bunch of tokens before turn 4 and attacking with them but hitting them with Settle the Wreckage or hitting a creature you have that would die anyways with Path to Exile . All the other ramps in white are for putting lands in your hand (which would only be useful if you had a way to get them onto the field after) or using artifact ramp.
The thing to remember is Boros has really incredible hate cards to slow the opponent down, while also having some of the fastest cards in the game for killing them. Try to play to its strengths more and if you really want an angels deck, try using all the new angel-enablers that have been printed in the last few sets. I know I'm building one myself!
3 months ago
Mana base: I see you're running a lot of modal lands, I'd recommend switching these out for basic lands or more named lands (Forest, Plains etc). The modal lands aren't searchable off of your ramp spells like Spoils of Victory or Farseek. I really like having a named land focus in Esika's mana base - shock lands ( Overgrown Tomb , Sacred Foundry etc.) should replace the snow dual lands if your budget allows for them. If not (understandable, shock lands for a 5 colour deck eat your wallet) then I'd play all 5 Triomes, and all 5 named lands that enter untapped if you control 2 or more basic lands ( Prairie Stream , Smoldering Marsh etc.) along with 2-4 of each basic land and some basic land ramp alongside your named land ramp such as Rampant Growth , Cultivate & Kodama's Reach . Land Tax is also a solid option if you run at least a couple of each basic land as it can colour fix you very early on so you can play The Prismatic Bridge asap. I know you're running counter increasers like Vorinclex, but I'd also remove the 2 counter based lands you have as well, without something like Vorinclex or Doubling Season out they're sub-optimal.
I'd take out the mana rocks you have in there, and replace them with more ramp sorceries like Three Visits , Ranger's Path , Skyshroud Claim , and Nature's Lore . Yes, they search specifically for Forests, but with enough named dual lands or Triomes they'll still allow you to search for the colour you need. If you didn't want to add in more ramp sorceries, low cmc legendary creatures that you can tap for mana via Esika's ability are viable (this would require you to have cards that allow you to bounce Esika back to hand ideally so you could cast her enchantment side when needed). Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy is an absolute beast in this deck, even if you whiff on his ability a lot being able to tap any legendary creature for 2 mana of any colour from turn 2 onwards is dummy strong. If you go down this route untap cards like Derevi, Empyrial Tactician , Dramatic Reversal , Samut, Voice of Dissent and Kiora's Follower can help to give you buckets of mana each turn.
Planeswalkers/counter generation: Unless you decide to add flicker/sac & reanimate/ability copyers, I'd cut Deepglow Skate as it's a one-time-only version of Doubling Season for the same mana cost. Pir, Imaginative Rascal is brilliant in this kind of deck as his ability a) increases both starting loyalty and uptick loyalty gain and b) stacks with Vorinclex & Doubling Season. Having Pir & either Doubling Season or Vorinclex out will turn a +1 uptick into +4, a starting loyalty count of 5 becomes 12. Inexorable Tide & Contagion Engine are worth considering too, I can understand not adding Tide as you're free-dropping a good chunk of your Planesalkers/creatures with The Prismatic Bridge rather than casting them, but Contagion Engine is non-targeted creature removal as well 2 instances of proliferate per turn (Pir & proliferate = happy Planeswalker noises). Estrid, the Masked , Oath of Jace & Sphere of Safety would be a good group of cards to add - Estrid allows you to untap any enchanted permanent, her second ability will let you enchant any permanent (not just creatures) and increase your enchantment count for Sphere of Safety, and her ult is one of your only ways of recurring enchantments should they get destroyed (this won't allow you to recur The Prismatic Bridge though). Oath of Jace is great for filtering through your topdeck during your upkeep to choose your Bridge targets. Kaya the Inexorable is incredible in a superfriends deck - with your counter generation you'll have no problem getting her ult off straight away, which will allow you to free cast any legendary card once a turn, so if people kill (or even exile) your Planeswalkers or important legendary cards like Vorinclex/Chain Veil etc. you can always get them back. She also has removal, and recursion for your creatures. Samut, the Tested . Samut, the Tested . Samut, the Tested . For the love of all that is holy, play Samut because dropping her with Doubling Season or Vorinclex out can end games there and then. I have a combo in my Esika deck that will guarantee you first place unless Samut gets countered on the stack. Lithoform Engine , Strionic Resonator & Rings of Brighthearth will help you capitalize on important abilities like Planeswalker ults, The Prismatic Bridge and proliferate. Getting off an emblem and then going Lithoform Engine > Rings of Brighthearth to get 3 of those emblems instead of one is pretty explosive.
Creatures: Captain Sisay would work quite well here as she can search any legendary card in your deck which is invaluable in Esika and isn't as pricey/colour dependant as Sisay, Weatherlight Captain (I'm not saying cut her, but 2 Sisays are better than one). Kodama of the East Tree will let you chuck out Planeswalkers like nobody's business, The Prismatic Bridge now doubles its usefulness per turn. Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire is a great tutor in Esika as he's cheap, he can swing without tapping due to Esika giving him Vigilance, search something using his boast ability and put it on top of your library (something something Prismatic Bridge shenanigans) and then tap for mana in your 2nd main phase.
I hope what I've said helps, I love building Superfriends and all the whacky stuff you can do with it
4 months ago
Another card that u may like is Valiant Knight, another lord for Knights, not as good as Knight Exemplar but a lot cheaper. Also, be careful with Benalish Marshal, since it specifically requires 3 White, it would not be rare that u can't drop him on turn 3 because u had, for example, 2 White and 1 Red (personal experience haha). U can fix that by adding dual lands that doesn't enter tapped to the battlefield, like Sacred Foundry or Clifftop Retreat, the second one being more accesible due to its cost.
Have a great day!
5 months ago
Hey, you have several good cards, but also quite a few that can be upgraded even on a budget.
Utvara Hellkite and Lathliss, Dragon Queen are two Dragon upgrades because they can be card advantage since they create Dragon tokens when Dragons attack or when nontoken Dragons ETB. Drakuseth, Maw of Flames has a powerful attack trigger. Knight of the White Orchid is a Knight upgrade since it can tutor for any Plains including Sacred Foundry or Mistveil Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
Changelings are Knights and Dragons. Taurean Mauler gets bigger when any opponent casts a spell. Mirror Entity has an ability to change all creatures you control power/toughness and give them all creature types. Depending on how much mana you have you can make your army of creatures huge power with Entity.
Before you make other improvements however my advice is to first improve ramp because when the cards you want to try to win the game with are high CMC such as Dragons then lots of ramp should a high priority. The idea is to have more ramp and less high CMC cards because you can easily cast ramp, but without ramp you can't easily cast high CMC Dragons.
- Sol Ring: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Arcane Signet: staple mana rock in Commander.
- Keeper of the Accord
- Knight of the White Orchid
- Boros Signet
- Jeska's Will: can be a fast way to cast both your Commanders or a high CMC Dragon in your hand if you target an opponent who has seven or more cards in hand.
- Dragon's Hoard: ramp and can be repeatable draw with Dragons.
- Talisman of Conviction
The next important thing to expand on is draw. The options for repeatable draw are slim in Boros therefore you want to instead count on cards that give you repeatable card advantage in other ways. Keeper of the Accord is an example of a new card from Commander Legends that's a card advantage engine for white in muliplayer Commander since he creates creatures if you're behind on creatures and/or is land ramp if you're behind on lands and he triggers on each opponent's turn.
- Sunforger: when people talk about Boros usually Sunforger comes up in the conversation because it's powerful equipment for repeatable card advantage. When it's equipped to a creature you can at instant speed pay two mana to unequipped to tutor for any white or red instant spell in your library that's 4 CMC or less and cast that spell for free. Sunforger package is an art form for Boros players. +4 power is a big pump when the creature has double strike or flying.
- Mask of Memory: repeatable draw, effects that trigger when you do combat damage to a player can trigger twice with double strike. If equipped creature isn't blocked then you hit the opponent your attacking twice to draw four cards and discard any two.
- Open the Armory: tutor for any equipment.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: tutor for any Dragon.
With Sunforger Mistveil Plains makes it better because you can put an instant in your graveyard back into your library to cast it again with Sunforger. Example of a Sunforger package of instants:
- Swords to Plowshares: exile a creature.
- Boros Charm: give all permanents you control including lands indestructible.
- Chaos Warp: remove a permanent including a land.
- Shields of Velis Vel: give all creatures you control all creature types.
- Sarkhan's Triumph: Dragon tutor.
- Brought Back: permanent reanimation.
- Unbreakable Formation: give all creatures you control indestructible.
- Return to Dust: exile up to two different artifacts or enchantments.
- Valakut Awakening Flip: draw.
- Akroma's Will: make all your attacking creatures real threats.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment, including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.