|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, , Sacrifice Expedition Map: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (10)||GoodnorEvil , FateDecider , PTsmitty , PimpNinja , jtfran02 , Douten , zilikken , ahp12 , rudek , SnappleCaptain|
Expedition Map Discussion
21 minutes ago
Soul Conduit or Mirror Universe just for fun? Also +1 for using Imp's mischief and Withering Boon, those (aside from Chains) are my 2 FAVORITE black cards. Who doesn't love casting withering boon by yelling kamehaha in response to an opponent's commander?
Was gonna suggest Necropotence but I saw the above thread. Adding soul conduit is a way to make your deck weaker yet still synergistic if that's what you're looking for? Conduits been a pet card of mine and I LOVE suicide black!
I see now way for you to deal with artifacts and enchantments. Have you considered adding Ratchet Bomb , Blast Zone , Karn Liberated , Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Nev disk, Oblivion Stone or even All Is Dust ? Adding at least one of these will give you an answer when you need it.
3 days ago
Hey Beebles. Yeah, the two-drop slot is something I've been pondering, especially because I have Birthing Pod in the deck and a cadre of 1-drop dorks. Still, I don't really like Steve in a deck that can't recur him much more than a Rampant Growth.
I really like Broodhatch Nantuko. Tokens are hilarious with Vigor , and obviously excellent with my two mana-producing altars. Saber Ants and Druid's Call are other similar effects I've been considering for the deck, but I'm just not sure where to make cuts.
Sylvan Scrying is another good call, if nothing less than to replace the less-efficient Expedition Map . It's on the short list for a cut from my lands deck, See the Durdle of Enormous Girth, so I've even got a copy already!
1 week ago
Various stuff I forgot the first go around:
- Expedition Map is too powerful not to play, since it can fetch Sea Gate Wreckage or any number of other utility lands.
- Hedron Archive is worth it because this deck lacks card draw.
- Clock of Omens is yet another way to untap Traxos.
- Urza's Factory goes in.
- Avacyn's Collar is another vigilance granter, as is Sigiled Sword of Valeron
- Whispersilk Cloak will easily win the game so it goes in.
- Desolation Twin is the second-best "cheap" expensive card.
- Jhoira's Toolbox is mandatory because it protects Traxos so easily.
- Blinkmoth Urn is busted.
- Orazca Relic is an excellent mana rock in this deck.
1 week ago
Just wanna say that I really love the idea and concept of this deck so +1 from me! Have you considered Lightning Greaves / Thousand-Year Elixir since you do run a couple of creatures that has tapping activated abilities? If budget allows, I think that running a Crucible of Worlds package (with fetches) might be neat since you do have a couple of lands that would benefit from recursion. If you do consider it, I would recommend Haunted Fengraf (recursion theme) and Expedition Map for land tutor. I also think that Emeria Shepherd fits really well in your deck but I'm not sure if it fits the curve. Last but not least, since you're running Felidar Sovereign , maybe Approach of the Second Sun is another great alternative win con to complement the lifegain subtheme? Good job!
1 week ago
Maybe using cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier so you can tutor cards and sac stuff you need in the grave, Scheming Symmetry , Phyrexian Delver , Bolas's Citadel , Buried Alive to tutor your wincons to the gy (like Necrotic Ooze Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion and you win in the spot), Animate Dead , Dark Petition , Carrion Feeder , Gravecrawler , Living Death / Rise of the Dark Realms (that last one is kinda expensive) I'd suggest those as black cards. Using Sol Ring is more useful than Worn Powerstone , Expedition Map to tutor any land to hand, Tormod's Crypt bc gy hate is useful, Gilded Lotus 3 mana by 5 isn't bad, Thought Vessel , Aetherflux Reservoir wincon tho. The mana base kinda concerns me by the amount of basic swamps, you could use something like Cabal Stronghold , Reliquary Tower , Terramorphic Expanse , Evolving Wilds even if it's a mono color deck, being able to shuffle and get lands out of the deck will be useful, less dead draws. Sword of the Animist is always useful if you don't have ramp.
2 weeks ago
Fetches would be nice for sure but unfortunately i just dont have ANY in the entire WUBRG Color pie... The manabase isnt exactly competitive (neither is my Modern environment/competition) but it appears to be playable in the repeated Naya Zoo matchups I've been playtesting; I've been losing more often than winning but I dont think its mana related and moreso my spell list...im hoping with the addition of Dawn Charm ill be able to stave off the topdecked Lightning Bolt / Lightning Helix now... However I do have a few Expedition Map s not doing anything that I can certainly put in here to help out my Gatecreeper Vine ! I'll see if that helps.... I actually saw a Primeval Titan at the LGS I got my 2x Hinterland Harbor s from and almost bought it with this deck in mind but I decided against it because I dont really think I have the space to add any means to protect him/give him haste... but maybe?... its kinda a neat idea? but it might end up costing me changing the direction/focus of the deck kinda like you were alluding too... I mainly thought He'd just speed up Maze's End and didnt even consider his synergy with Field of the Dead ... Im kinda having a love/hate for that card so far... the extra chump blockers are really nice sometimes but Whelming Wave kinda nonbos with it and sometimes I just wish it was another copy of Mazes End... Im gonna keep tinkering/playtesting with this list to make it better; thanks again!
2 weeks ago
- I agree white really helps. You get better fogs. However you'd really have to spend money on mana fixing. 3 color decks need to be able to cast their spells on time, especially in this deck. Still with green mana and white fogs would kill you. That ties up your mana as well as need the blue for your win condition. It means you need shocks for sure of both colors (don't have more than 3 total, 4 is pushing it) and it'd really help to have fetches.
- The biggest issue with gates is they enter tapped which makes your deck significantly slower, and aggro decks like to go fast. Field of the dead is an amazing card if you are running cards like Primeval Titan . Titan Shift is an amazing deck but not a fog deck. It also taps for colorless which doesn't help with your mana fixing. It does best in decks where lands matter. Which isn't your deck.
- If you are going to play mazes end you might want Sylvan Scrying or Expedition Map to find it easier. Id only have 2 of what ever card you choose.
2 weeks ago
They provide around 20 extra mana over the course of the game and can steal a lost game with torment of hailfire.
Expedition Map occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.17%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%