Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Legendary Creature — Praetor
Other creatures you control get +2/+2.
Creatures your opponents control get -2/-2.
|Have (2)||, jecder|
|Want (7)||Kaak12 , Chaosfalcon , Neilsporin , sylain , Mjejr1 , Zindagyo , kevvar|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite Discussion
1 week ago
EDIT: update: So I have been messing with this deck for quite some time, and I decided to change a few things. First of Commune with the Gods, as good as it is in this deck, ended up burrying oue lands a lot of the times, so I had to replace it with 4 copies of Grapple with the Past. For now, it has been working really well. I added 2 copies of Eternal Witness for our Vesperlark in the late game. I've also added two more copies of Deep Forest Hermit. Unfortunatelly Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite ended up being pretty useless in most of the games, and would just sit in my hand for no reason, so I've moved it to the sideboard vs creature based opponents.
I also changed the manabase a bit. One Gavony Township for the late game works really well with Kalonian Hydra. Once we have these two cards on the board and a little token army ready to bite our opponents, just pump all of our creatures and let them get bigger with each swing.
The initial idea remained the same, and I have to say this deck is just so much fun to play. It's also pretty decent in competetive league, so I'm really looking forward to it to my local FNM.
If you have any new/interesting suggestions, please let me know, thanks a lot peeps:-)
2 weeks ago
I would remove Cancel for Dovin's Veto, Crux of Fate for Torment of Hailfire, Diabolic Tutor for Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Edict for Go for the Throat, Personal Tutor for Lim-Dul's Vault, Laboratory Maniac for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Graceful Adept for Archon of Emeria, Blood Seeker for Judge's Familiar, Strionic Resonator for Isochron Scepter, Baleful Strix for Windfall, Nadier's Nightblade for Dramatic Reversal, and Revel in Riches for Basalt Monolith
3 weeks ago
I see you have 9 creatures who are wolves, and another dozen or so that produce wolf creature tokens with a good portion of these being repeatable, either triggers or activations. However, these wolves are also very small bodies compared to what EDH games can see. Fighting will cause you to almost certainly lose your wolf while doing little to shake up the boardstate of other players.
I see you have Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Beastmaster Ascension but I feel like this isn't enough. You definitely need some more anthems to pump your wolves up so they are far more threatening. So here's a list of permanents that can really help you out.
- Collective Blessing I'd recommend slotting in others before this, but if you have the room it can be a good fit
- Commander's Insignia this is a far better option. You have a lot of lands, and casting your commander is advantageous, meaning the more you cast her the more powerful this becomes
- Dictate of Heliod again, not the best as the one below is better since it can be free-cast, but if you have the room why the heck not
- Force of Virtue this is basically a free-cast
- Mirari's Wake this will really help with some of your repeatable activation costs
- Path of Bravery this combos extremely well with the next card
- True Conviction the doublestrike won't help you, but you will gain life from your wolves fighting as it's still considered damage the creature dealt, and yes the doublestrike really strengthens your boardstate since you're trying to go wide here
- Adaptive Automaton counts as a wolf and carries a banner for them
- Door of Destinies while it's true that you only get the counters on DoD when you CAST a wolf, it's equally true that ALL of your wolves get +X/+X, tokens included
- Hall of Triumph not the best but hey, it's good on curve
Now you'd also want to build up your draw. Your wolves may not naturally be this large, but with one enchantment on the field they will be. So...
1 month ago
1 month ago
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. I am I and I offer no explanation. All will be one.
1 month ago
Forgive me if I am necro-ing this question. If the elves are all green or even 1/1s there are a few things you can do. Stuff like: Ethereal Absolution, Engineered Plague, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Perish, Crovax, Ascendant Hero, Ascendant Evincar, Night of Souls' Betrayal, Curse of Death's Hold, Festercreep, and Death's-Head Buzzard (Need to kill it).
2 months ago
The real problem, like Flooremoji pointed out, is that you cannot force them to tap their land unless you add more cards. To stall your game plan, they just need to not tap the land enchanted with Spreading Algae. Once you start losing more card slots just to make it work then it starts looking like a bad combo.
Instead, try something like Kormus Bell + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cower in Fear. You can replace Cower in Fear with a lot of other cards like Doomwake Giant, Ethereal Absolution, Festering March, Profit / Loss, Make Obsolete, Plague Mare, Zealous Persecution and even Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.
Though, I am guessing, a deck built like this wouldn't be popular with the people you play with.