Presence of Gond
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature has ": Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Presence of Gond occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Presence of Gond Discussion
1 month ago
Typically you don't want to add too many combos into something, BUT, if you are working Tergrid, God of Fright Flip into this deck it should solely be because of Nath's ability and the other discard outlets you have. You can farm It That Betrays pretty fast if you're going elves as well. Presence of Gond would be something to add into the elf side of the deck as well and just put the enchantment onto one of your tokens. Lathril, Blade of the Elves for the elf kind of deck would be good as well since elves is your main theme with Discard being the sub-theme. I noticed you did A LOT of changes to this deck taking ideas from the stax side of Nath. While this is a GREAT idea, you dont want to be doing too much. You should have a small package of stax pieces Torpor Orb Chains of Mephistopheles Nether Void Bottomless Pit Necrogen Mists and maybe one or two others including Possessed Portal . I notice you added in Earthcraft squirrels nest; as much as I LOVE this combo, I don't think it works for your deck. The reason being is that you want to swing wide. STAX needs a wincon outside of Torment of Hailfire and taxing our opponents to death. This is why I suggested Lathril instead of the stax set up.
I hope this can help out! -Shadowz
1 month ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
4 months ago
Have you considered Marwyn, the Nurturer, Austere Command, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Return of the Wildspeaker, Shamanic Revelation, Huatli, Radiant Champion, or Path of Ancestry? Also, if you do put in Cathars' Crusade, consider Devoted Druid as an infinite combo with Presence of Gond.
4 months ago
6 months ago
There are others, but I'm really scratching my head here.
6 months ago
JoJosMagic: First of all thank you for all the suggestions and kind words! The deck started of as a budget build but with addition of cards like Gaea's Cradle and Mana Crypt I've moved passes this limitation and started to pour more funds in the deck however, I still want to limit over the total cost so will most likely not add cards like Mox Diamond, but adding a Doubling Season would definitely be on the table I'm not sure if it would be beneficial as it would most likely replace Hardened Scales. Where with a lot lower cost it does not being too much impact and generally it does the same as most triggers will be on Marwyn, the Nurturer when playing other elf's. So when it comes to doubling season I'm really unsure but I'm still considering it.
When it comes to Aggressive Mammoth I've already used it in earlier days of the deck however it is way to expensive for what it does, a more likely card that I'm considering for the deck is Nylea, God of the Hunt that gives trample to everything and more wile being 2 mana cheaper plus it is indestructible however, I'm still testing out Nylea, Keen-Eyed and those two would most likely have to trade places.
As the problem with lack of defence against fliers comes down strictly to the fact that my play group for some reason always runs a small number of creature with flying, regardless in any other meta this would proably a big weakness of the deck.
The Ozolith is already on its way in the mail and will definitely be a great addition and will provide extra "protection" from creature board wipes. Then regarding the planeswalkers Nissa Revane is definitely on my "to get" radar and will replace Nissa, Voice of Zendikar however my dilemma with this card is the first plus one ability that fetches Nissa's Chosen as I do not want to use one of my 99 for a 2/3 that can be fetched as I would prefer having any other card that already is in the deck so my question would be is it still worth it to add this nissa to the deck without the Nissa's chosen in my 99.
With cards like Blanchwood Armor, Presence of Gond and Colossification I really don't like using them as then the opponents get that 2 for 1 when they use a removal spell on the enchanted creature and my play group in particular tries to destroy any creature that has some "make it big" enchantment on it.
And last but not least Harvest Season is a card that I was thinking about getting last night as if I'm understanding the card correctly, in this deck can fetch for all remaining forest in mid to late game as most of the creatures can be tapped but it would take the slot of Cultivate and as stupid as it sounds I love the full art cultivate art and it will be difficult to cut it from the deck :)
So sorry for the lengthy reply but you had some really good points and suggestions so it is really apricated and just wanted to do the justice with my answer to such great comments!
6 months ago
This is an awesome deck ..I dig what you are doing...I know Most of these aren't elves but here are my main thoughts... maybe Aggressive Mammoth for universal trample what's cooler than an elf army that has trample..Majestic Myriarch because your creature output is off the chain and it doubles the power..and an elfy suggestion Presence of Gond most notable when paired multi color ie Midnight Guard but over all might fit well with this deck. For counter fun via Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar add counters etc so as expensive and frankly overused as it is Doubling Season may be helpful though you did say budget...so my suggestion would be some of the hydras instead Primordial Hydra, Voracious Hydra, Hungering Hydra, Vastwood Hydra which let you play early or build up and the The Ozolith to keep the extra..As for PlanesWalkers Any of the Nissa's would help you out tremendously but the one I thought for sure you would have for sure was Nissa Revane...the only potential problems I see with this deck in general is its lack of flying and or reach / protection from flying...so might want a few spiders etc Watcher in the Web is particularly gnarly and Arboreal Grazer has the benefit of low mana cost and land fetch.
7 months ago
Instead of Finale of Devastation and Cryptolith Rite, I would drop both for copies of Chord of Calling and Collected Company. Coco hits every single one of your creatures, so I would definitely include 4 and see how it plays out.
Although it's far from optimal, you could run a singleton of Elemental Mastery just as an alternative to Presence of Gond. The closest I could get to Midnight Guard is Captain of the Mists, which doesn't work unfortunately. :(