Creature — Treefolk Warrior
Champion a Treefolk or Warrior (When this enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you remove another Treefolk or Warrior you control from the game. When this leaves the battlefield, that card returns to play.)
Whenever a creature you control becomes blocked, it gets +0/+5 until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Unstoppable Ash Discussion
8 months ago
This is a really cool concept! Changeling Berserker, Hero, and Titan are particularly intriguing with Reaper King. With one of them, 2 other creatures with the same or similar "nesting doll" effect, and Reaper King, you can create a loop where you destroy all your opps' permanents. For example, Changeling Berserker + Mirror Image + Restoration Angel will create such a loop.
You might like these too: Fiend Hunter , Wormfang Drake , Faceless Butcher , Worldgorger Dragon , Felidar Guardian , Clone , Evil Twin , Unstoppable Ash , Boggart Mob , Wren's Run Packmaster , Cateran Summons , Goblin Recruiter , Blood Speaker , Maskwood Nexus
10 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
10 months ago
I LOVE Nullmage Shepherd but you have to cut something. Anything that you think "is a good blocker" if thats all it does. Add Jagged-Scar Archers to block and kill things. Try getting rid of everything thats not an Elf AND gives tokens, ramp or destroys something. Maybe add Unstoppable Ash ? Cut more than you need then figure out what to put back.
3 years ago
Sapling of Colfenor
I've been thinking for a long time about building a Casual deck along these lines. I like it. Never considered how good Ornithopter would be for this. Good call.
If you were running white, Doran, the Siege Tower and Indomitable Ancients would be ideal.
3 years ago
hello, fellow doran user.
may i sugest a bit more buff enchantments. like Behind the Scenes, Builder's Blessing, Castle, Parapet, Primal Rage, Spidersilk Armor and Brave the Sands. I would also like to sugest a bit of mass removal, that will not remave Doran, the Siege Tower like Fell the Mighty, Wave of Reckoning and Slaughter the Strong. I have 2 creature sugestions as well. if you could add Oathsworn Giant and Unstoppable Ash. they are great.
I hope these sugestions will help you.
3 years ago
So this is one of my first attemps to make a deck.... And I love mushrooms and wanted to make a flavourful deck that had basically mushrooms, and their environment, trees and treefolk... To be played with friends but still as mighty s possible. But I am honestly struggling to fit everything in properly.... And no clue about which spells to choose! Any feedback is welcomed. So far I got something like this:
Verdeloth the Ancient Unstoppable Ash Orchard Warden Leaf-Crowned Elder Treefolk Harbinger Bosk Banneret Dountless Dourbark Timber Protector Ghoultree Indomitable Ancients Great Oak Guardian/ Cloudcrown Oak
Fungi I really wasnt sure here, not sure if mushrooms would be better represented in this deck by little ones that create saprolings and that is it, or if it is more convenient to keep the good ones in... so had those ideas so far. Also wanted to keep all as mushroomy as possible.
Mycologist x1 Essential for the theme I am aiming for, was thinking of 2 of these. Thallid Shell-Dweller x2 Benefits from using toughness to power up along with treefolk? Corpsejack Menace x3 Ghave, Guru of Spores x2 Mycoloth x2
Enchantments/Spells... The same for this, trying to keep it as mushroom foresty as possible. [pGrow from the Ashes]] is very tempting for this reason... but having other fedges.... Seed Spark ? Lignify ? Saproling Symbiosis ?? Reach of Branches ?? Rootgrapple ?? Fungal Sprouting Fungal Plots Luminiscent Rain Verdant Embrace Infect Pollenbright Wings Whirlwind Was thinking of adding something like Wrath of god or something to clean up the other's cards while having the [Timber Protector] ... Thoughts? And for more multiplayer Sheltering Ancient Heartwood Storyteller Collective Voyage ??
Well, please I would appreciate any feedback. Playing 60 cards, not much restriction... Also potenetially could make it into an EDH deck? But my pals do not really have those although we could probably get into that.
The budget is around 40 bucks...
Thanks in advance.
All the best.
3 years ago
trust me you will thank me for this
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Raiders' Spoils
- Oketra's Monument
- Oketra the True
- Obsidian Battle-Axe
- Mardu Strike Leader
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Arashin Foremost
- Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
- Butcher of Malakir
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Merciless Executioner
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Combat Celebrant
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
- Cliffhaven Vampire
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Champion of Stray Souls
- Ivy Lane Denizen
- Jazal Goldmane
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Unstoppable Ash
- Yasova Dragonclaw
- Ahn-Crop Champion
- Vhati il-Dal
- Sedris, the Traitor King
- Bear Umbra
- Nature's Will
3 years ago
+1 from me, Treefolk Tribal is highly under-rated.
Dryad Arbor could be good since most of your ramp can grab them. They also turn your early Green Sun into ramp.
Battlewand Oak yeah...just...yeah
Sheltering Ancient Could be dangerous(to both players lol)