Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
Discard a card: Tap Seasoned Hallowblade. It gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
1 year ago
This list looks cool. I'd look at Glory-Bound Initiate and Seasoned Hallowblade to reduce reliance on tetsuo - they like him but don't need him. Shepherd of the Flock looks good if you are leaning into ninjitsu more and want some bounce effects.
1 year ago
Sorin_Markov_1947 it's really more of an aggro midrange, most games I'm swinging for game by turn 4-5, but when going against control the midrange aspect kicks in and fairs a lot better and considering how much control is in the meta right now it does really well again plumb is mainly just for pest even two copies cast before show of confidence and you get two copies of it and 4 mage craft triggers.
I'm aware of mono white and I may take out the sparring regimen for Luminarch Aspirant just don't have the wildcards to craft him. But I like when I get a few creatures out or killian in the first couple turns then turn for drop sparing Regimen grab expanded anatomy cast it for one, trigger some mage craft and swing. And fracture was put in for plains walkers and things like bashing light.
I also know with aggro you shouldn't really want a board wipe. But when you have someone blowing up or countering all your creatures till they build a commanding board presence you can just wipe it all and start with a clean slate. Traditionally your right this isn't an "aggro" deck but in the current meta it can swing hard and fast or bide time till you can make something happen but I appreciate the feed back! I may add Seasoned Hallowblade to help toss things I won't need against the deck I'm against and keep a creature on the board
1 year ago
This doesn't feel like an aggro deck. This feels more like midrange, but trying to play small threats.
You have a good plan with the creatures, although it maybe isn't quick enough. Take a look at mono-white aggro decks if you want to look at white-based aggro in Standard.
There are several more grindy spells in this list for an aggro deck. You don't want to be worrying about non-creatures really, so Fracture is almost a dead card. Plumb the Forbidden is definitely a grindy card. You don't want to be sacrificing your creatures since you're relying on those to win quickly. Sparring Regimen is okay, but still slow. You'll maybe get 2-3 counters out of it before your opponent stabilizes, and that's just not enough for a three-mana spell in aggro. Same for Show of Confidence , really. The whole learn mechanic is more grindy and plays for card advantage. Not as good for an aggro deck.
Devastating Mastery is a very odd choice. You're an aggro deck. If the game goes long, you've almost definitely lost. You don't want to ever be in a position where you want a boardwipe. You have to win with small creatures and wiping those means a game loss 9/10 times.
I think there are two paths for this deck. 1, you keep some of the cards I mentioned and become Orzhov midrange, but give up your fast creatures and put in bigger ones. Or 2, remove most of the aforementioned cards and add in things like Maul of the Skyclaves , Luminarch Aspirant , Seasoned Hallowblade , Elite Spellbinder , and more (again, check out mono-white aggro decks) and become a full aggro deck.
1 year ago
Actually I've wanted to test Seasoned Hallowblade . The deck easily goes over the top of most aggressive decks in the format but is too slow against control decks. Hallowblade could help us outspeed control. It would be especially great with All That Glitters . Let me know how it goes if you try it!
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
While Luminarch Aspirant can be good, I think it only truly shines in decks that care about +1/+1 counters. In order to get a more consistent full party and help protect against board wipes, I'd suggest playing Seasoned Hallowblade instead. Also, I'm surprised to see a UW party deck not playing Spoils of Adventure ! A 2 mana instant speed draw 3 with lifegain is absolutely NUTS, especially in an aggressive deck with a lot of low cmc creatures.
Depending on your meta, putting either Apostle of Purifying Light or Remorseful Cleric in your sideboard also gives you more clerics that work as graveyard hate, while Glorious Protector fights the blowouts Party decks tend to experience against boardwipes.
1 year ago
No sure how I've gone this long without facing a Seasoned Hallowblade but I have a major problem with it.
Its text clearly states that yo gain indestructible one must, discard a card, and tap seasoned hallowblade.
How is it that my opponent was able to activate it while the hallowblade was already tapped from attacking during his turn.
Am I reading the ability wrong?
1 year ago
Knight of Grace is a great sideboard card; Luminarch Aspirant and Seasoned Hallowblade are 2-drops that scale well, you could even splash black for General Kudro of Drannith instead of Sanctuary Lockdown.