Creature — Boar Beast
Cycling *(, Discard this card: Draw a card.) *
When you cycle Krosan Tusker, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library. (Do this before you draw.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Krosan Tusker Discussion
2 weeks ago
Krosan Tusker is another pretty good boar. Animal Sanctuary is an on-flavour land. Yasharn, Implacable Earth is powerful and combines nicely with Ilharg. Capricopian invites everyone to a little game of hot potatoe, and Pathbreaker Ibex is just insane.
2 months ago
8 months ago
I feel there are a couple of key bruisers you might find worth making room for! Krosan Tusker is excellent for being a buff 6/5 in the late game or an instant-speed green Divination while you're still getting set up. There's also Wrecking Beast - unusual for his access to Haste - and Annoyed Altisaur , who has a handy pair of abilities and can even come with backup.
9 months ago
1: There are many weaker card choices. Not having access (or getting over time) is obviously apart of the collection-building aspect of the game; but your decks should avoid the weak cards that are not on theme. Focus on including cards that actively help or are benefited by your theme of heavy ramp with a secondary set of heavy draw. Cards such as Fblthp, Gurmag Drowner, Silumgar Sorcerer, and jace, are primary examples.
2: Finding cards that fit both themes: draw and ramp, is relatively easy and will increase the adaptability and efficiency of the deck. Commander's Sphere is the obvious example currently in the deck. Potential additions (that you should be able to more easily acquire) include Edge of Autumn, Explore, Krosan Tusker, and Seer's Sundial. Harder to get pieces would be Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait.
4: Having lots of mana is only useful it's spent casting scary game-winning threats. Threats you may not be aware of that might be fun for you to playtest: Soramaro, First to Dream, Prime Speaker Zegana, and Clockwork Dragon. The first and last cards specifically benefit from the amount of colorless mana you will generate with your general.
10 months ago
Thanks! I had considered Survival of the Fittest, but its a bit expensive, my combo cards aren't creatures, I don't play a lot of creatures, and most of my answers are not creatures. I might add it if I ever get my hands on one or need it or it becomes good with the combo. I really like Slice and Dice because a friend plays prosh, so its good there. I'm not sure about Krosan Tusker but I'll drop a land for it and throw the deck in the playtester. Daedalus19876
10 months ago
I love where you're going with this list, the focus on Transmute is really clever. Have you considered running Survival of the Fittest as another repeatable discard-then-recur option? :D You could potentially also make Krosan Tusker very good, as a repeatable cantripping land-tutor, or Slice and Dice to wipe away mana dorks/tokens (depending on your meta).
1 year ago
Thanks Profet93 :). I like your questions! They makes me reconsider card assessments formed long ago. Let’s dig into our new ones:
- Yavimaya Hollow: a card I like and play in other decks. I also considered it for this deck several times. However, every time I do I feel it just does not belong in this deck. I think the reason why I feel that way is because it’s not the creatures that need protecting most of the time (or that I don’t want to focus on protecting them). Opponents could kill Mina and Denn, Wildborn sure. But they are just an enabler for the deck. Not a key piece, like in decks where I do run Hollow. The deck does not really have many vital pieces like that. On certain moments, yes, hollow will save that one creature you needed for the explosive play, so I do agree it would be a useful include. I just don’t think it is necessary or used very often. A bit like Kessig Wolf Run maybe. To be honest, the threshold of getting one in FOIL also contributes to a feeling of resistance nowadays. However, I can totally see anyone swapping out Spikefield Hazard for Yavimaya Hollow if they feel differently. It might be a good idea to test this one again just to see what happens.
- If I’d cut Retreat to Kazandu now - which I won’t ;) - I’d probably go for another 2-mana ramp piece or put Krosan Tusker back in. I did just put in Rampant Growth in the last update, so I’m already up a ramp piece (5 now) to skip a turn for M&D. Sol Ring is a no go for me because of the total lack of synergy. Life from the Loam was cut in the last update for Ancient Greenwarden and the deck does not need a 4th effect like that I think. Eternal Witness is nice to have, especially with all the green creature tutors, so that is also a valid choice. Has creeped up on my maybe list rank recently because of Valakut Exploration. Depending on your meta, you can also consider something like Vexing Shusher for the spot.
- Ancient Tomb: I have a similar opinion on this land compared to hollow and kessig wolf run. They all provide a little something for the deck, but creating a spot for them is just terrible. Apart from Spikefield Hazard there are no lands I am willing to cut atm. Blast Zone has been a strong answer on a land so far that’s easily found. Khalni Garden has a lot of applications and synergy, Radiant Fountain I like for the same reasons as Retreat to Kazandu. Cryptic Caves and Temple of Abandon get you out of dead situations, which I value more than the benefits of the competition. Most other lands feel like they are kind of set in stone now.
1 year ago
- If I would ever want to run Nissa, Vital Force, I would probably either cut a card with a similar role or a similar CMC. Garruk, Primal Hunter comes to mind as a slot. Krosan Tusker or Tendershoot Dryad might also be contenders.
- To my knowledge there is no other land in the game that allows you to bounce and play it multiple times to ramp like crazy. Of course you can do something a bit similar with Gruul Turf and Amulet of Vigor like in amulet-bloom decks, but Amulet of Vigor does not sit in the command zone. Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is similar to Cradle, but cannot be bounced and played in the same way. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx comes ti mind, but that also requires 2 mana to activate, so it is much harder to abuse (and does not synergize with landfall token makers like Field of the Dead). So, I am not aware of a feasible alternative to Gaea's Cradle if you want to combo it with Mina and Denn, Wildborn for more value. Growing rites is probably your best option.