Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Elephant Cleric
When Loxodon Hierarch enters the battlefield, you gain 4 life.
, Sacrifice Loxodon Hierarch: Regenerate each creature you control.
10 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
2 years ago
2 years ago
psionictemplar, thanks again! Several of these will definitely work. I've added Act of Heroism to my Maybeboard and I'm looking to see how the others might fit in. In order to play the ambushers at little to no cost, I'd need most everyone tapped to draw in an attack. I'm still tweaking this concept and playtesting, but after turn 4-5, I lose momentum with the ambushers unless I can get a Wilt-Leaf Liege and several enchantments on the board.
Turn 1: Play a land (Forest). Play a Birds of Paradise
Turn 2: Play a land (Plains). Play Behemoth Sledge. Flash in Qasali Ambusher if attacked.
Turn 3: Play a land. Equip the sledge and smash with ambusher. Use Fog effect or Dawn Charm if BoP gets targeted. Taking damage is fine, here, too.
Turn 4: Play a land. Play Wilt-Leaf Liege as a 5/5 creature and boosting all others by 1 or 2. One mana left for fog after attacking.
Turn 5: Play a land. Play Loxodon Hierarch as a 6/6 creature. Two mana left for Ephemerate or Fog effect at end of turn.
I don't want to take advantage of your time and generosity, but do you have any thoughts here?
2 years ago
Got it. Made the change, Balaam__. Thanks for the tip!
I'm also considering a few other changes:
What are your thoughts? psionictemplar, please feel free to weigh in, too!
3 years ago
Loxodon Hierarch is a decent elephant. Ivorytusk Fortress is actual junk colors, but you would probably need to build around it more (works really well with Venerated Loxodon though). Loxodon Gatekeeper is a good hate card. Loxodon Smiter can be your version of Obstinate Baloth in the sideboard.
3 years ago
I mostly played Burn in Modern and I remember losing hard to multiple Loxodon Hierarchs once.
4 years ago
I agree that Chulane is too good. May they never make a legendary with an enchantress effect again.
Running dorks seems vital to Chulane.
Running a lot of dorks is a viable option to make the deck fast.
Running so many dorks that you have the likes of Marwen, Heritage Druid, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid, and Priest of Titania is TOO MUCH.
You need more avenues, you need
Tangleroot : Need more mana? Keep that train a-comin'.
Trade Routes : Land broke your streak? Keep that train a-comin'.
Krosan Grip : Humility effects REAL BAD.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary : Order the triggers to resolve before Chulane's so you draw the tutor.
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite : hey i see your playeing white you know whatd be great haha
Words of Wind : Why just bounce your own stuff back when you can bounce everyone's stuff also? goes infinite with Aluren and two hasty dorks. Super-Biffy.
Food Chain (with Eternal Scourge or Misthollow Griffin ): Infinite mana in any deck, but also infinite draw in Chulane. Even if you don't go for the combo, it's still worth running for the sheer mana production.
Academy Rector , Trophy Mage , and Laboratory Maniac : Not a combo with each other, but a plan. Rector can grab Aluren, Mage can grab Cloudstone Curio. If both are out, chances are you can draw your deck and flash out Maniac for game. Yes, you're scum, but YOU WON.
4 years ago
Boros Reckoner and the like can deal some damage and be used again. Dauntless Escort and Loxodon Hierarch can save your team from non-exiling board wipes. Trying to figure out some other good synergies with her myself