Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Elemental Warrior
Petrified Wood-Kin can't be countered.
Bloodthirst X (This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the damage dealt to your opponents this turn.)
Protection from instants
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
3 years ago
Oh! I didn't know Trollbred Guardian existed, but it definitely fits!
As for what to cut, I'd say that you now have better ways to grant trample besides Gruul War Plow .
Petrified Wood-Kin seems a rather mana intensive, but I'd say give it a try before writing it off, since I've never played it before.
Burning-Tree Emissary is one cool gruul, but a "free" 2 mana 2/2 doesn't really provide much utility for you.
My overall rule of thumb is to try out the different cards when you can, to see if you like how your deck plays. Over time, you'll get a better sense of what your deck does and what best fits the theme or your playstyle.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help with cuts, hope this helped a little!
4 years ago
I was previously lacking ramp and started by cutting at the high-drops
Triumph of the Hordes spiked over $5 this week; Become Immense can be relatively cheap but Im using more +1/+1 counter-style pumps; Petrified Wood-Kin was too reliant, I still like it as an option but the other 7-drops outweighed it; Chandra's Ignition is still good but was so much better with being able to win infect in one fell swoop
4 years ago
Realm Seekers, War Elemental,Vinelasher Kudzu, Verdurous Gearhulk, Verdeloth the Ancient, Vebulid, Undergrowth Champion, Primordial Hydra, Primeval Bounty, Phyrexian Scuta, Petrified Wood-Kin, Patron of the Vein
4 years ago
Good cuts include Elvish Skysweeper, unless you have plenty of fliers in your meta. Disowned Ancestor: fine early game, and it would be hella good if outlast wasn't a sorcery, but alas. Graveblade Marauder is okay but it's generally lackluster (relies on your dudes dying). Herald of Dromoka and Dragonscale General cancel each other out. Petrified Wood-Kin is risky and Matsu-Tribe Sniper is just sorta lame. Spirit Loop really doesn't fit the theme of the deck.
Sorry I have to be salty here, just wanted to suggest some cuts. Also maybe drop the banners for signets (eg Boros Signet).
5 years ago
- Tree of Redemption
- Kodama's Reach
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Great Oak Guardian
- Seed Guardian
- Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa
- Silklash Spider
- Traproot Kami
- Watcher in the Web
- Builder's Blessing
- Archetype of Finality
- Blessed Orator
- Corrosive Mentor
- Heliod, God of the Sun
- Kabira Vindicator
- Oathsworn Giant
- Village Bell-Ringer
- Windbrisk Raptor
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Bane of Progress
- Leyline of Vitality
- Jaddi Offshoot
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Wall of Blossoms
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Primal Rage
- Forgotten Ancient
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
- Petrified Wood-Kin
- Silverglade Elemental
- Soul of the Harvest
- Seasons Past
- Thorn Elemental
- Rain of Thorns
- Verdant Force
- Woodborn Behemoth
- Woodland Wanderer
- Black Oak of Odunos
- Battlewand Oak
- Dauntless Dourbark
- Kalonian Twingrove
- Orchard Warden
- Seedguide Ash
- Treefolk Harbinger
- Verdeloth the Ancient
- Yew Spirit
- Defensive Formation
- Raking Canopy
- Gravity Well
- Springleaf Drum
- Bower Passage
- Fruit of the First Tree
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Grim Contest
- Gyre Sage
- Kin-Tree Invocation
- Sight of the Scalelords
- Archangel of Strife
- Slagwurm Armor
5 years ago
I feel like you have a good idea where you are wanting to go with the deck: make elementals, cause damage; sac elementals, cause damage. Something I learned from my EDH mentor is to take things away from the deck that deviates too much, unless it's a really badass card. For example Avenger of Zendikar is a great elemental creature, and provides many little guys to sac. Hostility can ramp you creatures quick, and you can choose to get rid of it after you have enough elemental creatures. Also, a Mimic Vat would be great to reuse a great creature card, and for 3 mana. You also have a landfall thing going, so looking for more ways to pull in your land like Scapeshift (which is expensive, I know) or even Lotus Cobra or Burgeoning would be great for you.
I don't feel much love for Petrified Wood-Kin, as he needs a few things for it to be useful: damage dealt to opponents, and not be killed by a sorcery or instant (that's a boardwipe). He seems too slow. I think that you need to decide if you want to keep your big elemental guys, or change some for some smaller guys that can help you get to the big guys.
Just rememeber that both Beast Within and Chaos Warp can get rid of ANYTHING on the field. Even lands and planeswalkers. And having two really good removals helps it have a higher chance of showing up in your hand.
5 years ago
- Arms Dealer
- Aura Shards
- Beguiler of Wills
- Bojuka Bog
- Bramblewood Paragon
- Collective Blessing
- Collective Unconscious
- 2x Curse of Predation
- Death Denied
- Deathbringer Thoctar
- Descendant of Soramaro
- Diabolic Tutor
- Diluvian Primordial
- 2x Dimir Aqueduct
- Dire Undercurrents
- Dowsing Shaman
- Elvish Soultiller
- Endless Cockroaches
- Essence Warden
- Evil Twin
- Faith's Reward
- Fangren Firstborn
- Fell Shepherd
- 2x Fireshrieker
- Foundry Street Denizen
- Fresh Meat
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Goblin Warchief
- Golgari Rot Farm
- Grim Backwoods
- Holy Day
- Hour of Reckoning
- Inferno Titan
- Inspired Sprite
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Jund Charm
- Jund Panorama
- Kher Keep
- Knacksaw Clique
- Loxodon Gatekeeper
- Mass Mutiny
- Massive Raid
- Mirror Entity
- Moonveil Dragon
- 2xMoriok Scavenger
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker
- Nature's Spiral
- Night Soil
- Nightmare Lash
- Nightshade Schemers
- Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind
- Noble Purpose
- Nullmage Shepherd
- Obelisk of Jund
- Opal Palace
- Panoptic Mirror
- Parallel Evolution
- Petrified Wood-Kin
- Phyrexian Plaguelord
- Planar Cleansing
- Primal Vigor
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Proteus Staff
- Ravenous Trap
- Read the Bones
- Reap and Sow
- 2x Reaping the Graves
- Reassembling Skeleton
- Reiver Demon
- Rhys the Redeemed
- Roar of the Kha
- Rupture Spire
- Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
- Savage Lands
- Secluded Glen
- 2x Selesnya Sanctuary
- Selesnya Signet
- Serra's Blessing
- Sigil of the New Dawn
- Silvergill Douser
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Surge of Zeal
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of Kaldra
- Talent of the Telepath
- Temple of the False God
- Timberwatch Elf
- To Arms!
- Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
- Vulshok Battlemaster