Creature — Elf Shaman
, , Discard a creature card: Search your library for a creature card, reveal it, and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (7)||TheDangalangMan , DJGam-G , mefisto22 , Lovet0209 , blindabe , fetra , HotLikeButta|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fauna Shaman occurrence in decks from the last year
Fauna Shaman Discussion
1 week ago
i'm not sure why you wouldn't ever add black, when Shaman of the Pack is so good. and Elvish Champion is pretty cheap. she's like $3 right now. so $12 for basically a win against any green deck. she saved my bacon once when my Tron opponent had 3 Wurmcoil Engine out. i know how elves work and know they can make a decent amount of mana, but i really dont think you're getting "50" mana. the board presence that would require would be enough for you to win before you even got to that point.
Elvish Promenade isn't necessary, as by the time you have 4 mana thats really all you need. you could be using that mana on Collected Company. Fauna Shaman is too slow of a tutor when you could just replace it with another lord. you'd really only need it if you were planning on using specific creatures for some sort of combo, like using Yavimaya Dryad to give the opponent a forest while you have Elvish Champion out.
i actually think Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a bad card here. it doesn't give you a turn 1 mana dork, and doesn't break even on mana until turn 3 at the earliest.
1 week ago
Keqing420 the entire deck is geared to make absurd amounts of Mana. Heritage Druid, Elvish Archdruid, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, combined with a lot of elves will generate all the mana the deck needs. I don't usually make 50+ mana until turn 5, but it's not unusual to get a whole mess of elves by turn 3 that i can turn into insanity mana on turn 4. The champion isn't in my list because it's an actual physical list and I don't usually spend money on it anymore. I'm not every going to add black so Shaman of the Pack is out of the picture.
MagicMarc i can get behind your suggestions. Elvish Promenade combos with Heritage Druid to tap for mana, Elvish Archdruid to let it tap for twice as much Mana, and with marwyn when i had her in the deck. I can see it's not a popular option though lol. Ezuri is a necessary evil, i don't always spend a boat load of Mana on him, but usually even one activation is enough. So Elvish Clancaller is a very deceptive creature, it's a 2 mana lord, both of its mana is devotion to green, and once i get the mana, it can tutor for the other copies of itself. Fauna Shaman is still a great card in this deck, i usually use her to tutor for Heritage Druid, Beast Whisperer, Nettle Sentinel, or Ezuri, Renegade Leader I'll discard a mana dork or a clancaller or something like that and get what I need. I tried imperious perfect, great card but it's too high costed and not enough reward
1 week ago
I agree with some of the cuts you already did that were suggested by abby315 and Keqing420. I also think you don't need Elvish Champion instead of Ezuri, Renegade Leader. I believe Ezuri is more reliably going to finish games over the champion. Beast Whisperer is part of the deck's card advantage and card playing engine so should stay in the deck without a big overhaul of the deck. Besides being a replacement for Glimpse of Nature in the deck since glimpse isnt Modern legal.
Some more cuts I feel could happen are; Deleting Elvish Promenade. Both Collected Company or Chord of Calling would be better in this deck than the promenade. I understand that the copies of Primal Surge fulfills what either of those might provide for this deck. But they are both way better than the promenade because they can get you your combo pieces. I would consider replacing it maybe with Turntimber Symbiosis Flip if you don't want to play either CoCo or Chord. Partly due to the fact it still puts brakes on your Surges and can serve as a land in a pinch. (Way not needed, I know). It gets more utility elves out like Coco and Chord so would make your gameplay more consistent. Or maybe Lead the Stampede instead?
I also agree that I would also cut the Fauna Shaman until you can get Craterhoof Behemoth. Without the behemoth, you just dont need anything else that badly to tutor up you won't be able to find with surge or your draw engine.
Also, I don't see any value from the copies of Elvish Clancaller. Your deck is more combo and going wide than needing anthem effects. It's activated ability costs way too much for just getting another clancaller. I would cut all 4 and see if your decks suffers at all. Or leave the fauna shamans and promenades and just cut those. Or replace them with copies of Elvish Champion even.
You also dont need anything in your maybe board except maybe Imperious Perfect. Though I would treat that as a slightly better card than the clancallers and wouldnt put them in the deck either. Helix Pinnacle is just picking a different win condition than the Ezuri/possible behemoth route. Metallic Mimic actually provides nothing the deck needs at all.
1 week ago
how are you getting "50" mana? what is the exact line of play that nets you 50 mana by turn 4? the sorceries should be cut for 4 Collected Company and 4 Chord of Calling. the sorceries you have now are just bad imo.
1 week ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
2 weeks ago
Generally speaking, decks that run as a toolbox style have ways to search up the creatures/spells they need at almost any given time. Since you are wanting a creature toolbox look into things like Fauna Shaman to help get the cards you need at the right time. Other cards to consider are Eldritch Evolution and Summoner's Pact.
1 month ago
It looks like your main goal is to stick a creature and then buff it as much as possible with +1/+1 counters. To improve the strength and consistency of the deck, I recommend cutting anything that isn't working towards that end (unless it's very efficient.) I'd identify those cards as Druid's Deliverance, Sundering Growth, Bountiful Harvest, Bump in the Night, Lair Delve, Blood Reckoning, Tablet of the Guilds, Primal Clay, Trestle Troll, and maybe Phylactery Lich (depending on how many artifacts you end up running in the end.) I'd also suggest swapping out Intimidation to stay modern legal, possibly with something like Bellowing Tanglewurm if you really really want the evasion. Your strongest cards that I'd want additional copies of are Abrupt Decay (budget permitting), Ring of Xathrid, Undying Evil, Slitherhead, and Death's Presence (assuming your meta is slow enough to run it.) It also looks like Tormented Soul is a critical piece that benefits the most from growing big, so having redundancy for it seems like a good idea. Changeling Outcast, Gingerbrute, and Silhana Ledgewalker could all be fine targets. For +1/+1 synergy, you have scavenge staples like Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Corpsejack Menace, and Lotleth Troll along with more general options like Polukranos, Unchained, Winding Constrictor, Hardened Scales, Hydra's Growth, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Scavenging Ooze (which is particularly good in a sideboard), Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Hunger of the Howlpack, Forced Adaptation, and Llanowar Reborn. Finally, some cards I've had success with in graveyard-focused decks include Tragic Slip, Satyr Wayfinder, Grisly Salvage, Splinterfright, and Fauna Shaman. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your build!
1 month ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.