Creature — Elf Shaman
, , Discard a creature card: Search your library for a creature card, reveal it, and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (5)||YOLOBLASTER , weyenbergc , Cloudsleeper , Feanor_Curufinwe , niot5|
Printings View all
|Arena Cards (ARENA)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fauna Shaman Discussion
1 day ago
Profet93 Interesting idea on Fauna Shaman - I will say, it's been very ok, and I don't think it's a necessary card for the build. Ancient Greenwarden looks too good to pass on, so I'll probably try that out.
Birds of Paradise is one of my pet cards, but you're probably right. I think I'd include some more card draw over Titania, and Birds in the late game is a sad time.
Simply put, I really like Annihilator. Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger is a fantastic card, but Gyre's Annihilator text is what attracts me the most.
Regarding Life from the Loam - it's undoubtedly a cool card, though I just can't recall a situation where I felt like I needed that effect. If I want to play lands from the grave, I just tutor for Ramunap Excavator. As it stands, I have 10 effects that can get Excavator, so he's never far from reach.
3 weeks ago
Hey there Brother!
I don't use enchantments like Warstorm Surge because they are a little slow, and I have no guarantee they will stick around. I personally try not to have a turn where I play something at that cmc and then pass. I try to have my top-end be beaters that also have decent value effects to fill that void. Terror of the Peaks is pretty good for that; it's kind of just a better Warstorm honestly. I might have to try it out.
If it works for you though, that's awesome. Xenagos can honestly run a lot of stuff, as long as beaters exist. I saw Garruks Uprising in your list, have you used it much? It's something I'm probably going to pick it up here soon.
My meta is about the same as yours it sounds. We normally play at decently high level, but have both higher and lower level decks.
Yeah buddy, it's always good to chat with fellow Xenabros. Keep in touch, let me know of any wild, new, outlandish shit you come up with!
1 month ago
TriusMalarky Shamans are so good. My favorite tribe, they have so many spell-on-a-stick creatures, though they're lacking in supporting their own tribe unfortunately. My faves to put out with the Emissary are Tilonalli's Summoner, Fauna Shaman, Bloodline Shaman, Wild Cantor (A druid, but it fits in this deck, Deathrite Shaman, Dark-Dweller Oracle, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rix Maadi Reveler, and Vexing Shusher (Phenomenal card. I started playing during Lorwyn and the shusher was the first shaman I fell in love with. Unfortunately, a lot of the spell on a stick shamans are in the three and up range, though with Molten Echoes on the field I net four mana, which gives me a lot more range.
I think if i add in Rhythm of the wild as you suggested I could probably fit in fauna shaman or bloodline along with some persisters. Idk though, you've given me a lot to think about.
1 month ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget version of Kathril.
You don't want to have to cast more than 50% of creatures you're playing. You just want them into your graveyard for Kathril. Consider adding more ways to get creatures into your graveyard for value and some repeatable discard outlets for creatures?
- Buried Alive: creature tutor and put creatures into your graveyard.
- Fauna Shaman: repeatable creature tutor/discard creature in hand.
- Jarad's Orders: creature tutor and put creature into your graveyard.
- Final Parting: tutor and put creature into your graveyard.
- Lotleth Troll: repeatable creature discard, trample.
- Doom Whisperer: repeatable self-mill, flying and trample.
- Grisly Salvage
Winding Constrictor and Pir, Imaginative Rascal have effects that are unique because they care about any counter that's put on a creature not just a +1/+1 counter. The way these cards work with Kathril puts a lot more +1/+1 counters on her because each time you put a keyword counter on her that's one instance of putting a single counter on a creature thus you put two of each keyword counter onto her. Kathril sees the additional keyword counters that are put on her and will put that many +1/+1 counters onto herself plus one additional +1/+1 counter. The last part of her ability is another instance of putting a counter on a creature except it puts many counters not just one thus only one additional counter is added.
For instance lets say you have Winding Constrictor on the battlefield and there's 10 keywords in your graveyard. Double the number of keyword counters + 1, puts 21 +1/+1 counters on Kathril which gives her more than 21 power to attack for lethal Commander damage.
Corpsejack Menace doesn't interact with keyword counters that are put on Kathril, but what it does is it doubles the amount of +1/+1 counters that are put on her for the last part of her ability. Without Constrictor or Pir, but control Corpsejack and having 10 keywords in your graveyard puts 20 +1/+1 counters on Kathril. The amount of +1/+1 counters that are put on Kathril gets crazy when you control both Constrictor and Corpsejack.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I might add some card velocity of some kind to make sure you get to the Obliterator, maybe stuff like Commune with Nature or Adventurous Impulse? You might not need it though considering Domri Rade's +1 and Fauna Shaman ... just an idea.
2 months ago
DeinoStinkus haha thanks! I think you're right about the Hunted Troll, I already have enough cards that spawn creatures on my opponents side, so I definitely try out Dowsing Dagger Flip. And so far I haven't had too much trouble getting out Phyrexian Obliterator due to Fauna Shaman and Painful Truths helping me grab it quickly.
2 months ago
Life from the Loam... you still probably want this, but then you really want cards that let you play more than one land a turn... that's more like "lands matter mulldrotha."
...or save them for later as a reward!