Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Tribal Instant — Elf
Put two 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature tokens onto the battlefield. Clash with an opponent. If you win, those creatures gain deathtouch until end of turn. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if his or her card had a higher converted mana cost. Creatures dealt damage by a creature with deathtouch are destroyed. You can divide combat damage from a creature with deathtouch among any of the creatures blocking or blocked by it.)
TheVectornaut on This is art, cherí!
7 months ago
There's something about the hilarious flavor fail of not choosing the Archery mode on Choose Your Weapon in order to win using an archery deck that I just love. I think it's worth noting that, aside from Halana, Kessig Ranger, all of your archers are elves. It might be worth cutting her for another elf option. Doing so both improves the consistency of Jagged-Scar Archers and avoids the nonbo with Wildborn Preserver, although I don't see Preserver being that impactful either way. Halana does let you win without the admittedly janky flying-granting cards, so I do see the appeal, even if the 2 mana requirement might be tough to meet. For some of the weaker archers, I'd rather just have some ways to spam elf tokens to get Jagged-Scar online faster. Maybe something like Gilt-Leaf Ambush, Dwynen's Elite, Imperious Perfect, or even Sylvan Offering since this is casual. If you don't want to run any non-archers for flavor reasons though, I totally understand. Some cards that could be interesting are copiers like Panharmonicon and Strionic Resonator since this deck has a ton of triggered abilities.
UrzasUnderstudy on Glissa's_Tiny_Tribal_Army
1 year ago
Some possible How Abouts: Abomination of Llanowar , Boreal Outrider (you might want some Snow-Covered Forest and Snow-Covered Swamp if you go this route), Elf Replica , Elvish Warmaster , Eyeblight's Ending , Gilt-Leaf Ambush , Harald, King of Skemfar , Jaspera Sentinel , Nadier's Nightblade , Numa, Joraga Chieftain , Path of Ancestry , Pendelhaven Elder , Prowess of the Fair , Quest for Renewal , Quirion Ranger , Reclamation Sage .
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
reptile_ryan on YOU WANT TO GET NUTS!? COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!
3 years ago
Love the Batman quote, an upvote just for that. A Doubling Season would be fantastic, but I know they’re pricey. I also like Gilt-Leaf Ambush as a token generator especially if you are thinning forests out of your deck or scrying.
hungry000 on Darkwood Elves
4 years ago
Elves loses a lot of explosiveness without the 1 cmc mana dorks; you really need to play them. Not only do they let you cast your bigger threats earlier, but they also let you flood the board with creatures faster, which works well with your payoffs ( Shaman of the Pack , Poison-Tip Archer , and Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen benefit from large boards, Lys Alana Huntmaster benefits from having lots of mana to cast creatures).
Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , and Elves of Deep Shadow (to help out the black splash) are all inexpensive. I'd cut a mixture of Eyeblight's Ending , Prowess of the Fair , and Gilt-Leaf Ambush to make room for at least 10 of those cards. You can even cut 2 or 3 lands if you have 12 or so mana dorks--competitive Elves decks play 18 lands and still make enough mana to cast their entire hand by turn 3. I'd also recommend you play Elvish Visionary ; like Silvergill Adept in Merfolk, it's one of the cards that keeps the fuel pumping and is just really good in general.
4 years ago
Quirion Ranger It has some combos, but you have more than enough other cards for this, and most are more durable
Caller of the Claw Too situational
Elvish Vanguard It lacks utility and is relatively vanilla for the deck
Arcane Adaptation most of your creatures are elves, and the ones that aren't don't necessarily need the buffs. Not a guaranteed removal card, but it's only going to be useful on rare occasions
Overrun Not really necessary, you have other cards to achieve the same or greater effect.
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen other than the buff the second ability isn't incredibly helpful and it won't trigger Ezuri
Protean Hydra It's not likely to die in combat, so it's pretty much just a big creature. Your other hydras are better
Swan Song, Counterspell, Disallow; With so few counters, these cards are more likely to show up when you have absolutely no use for them rather than when you need them. You're better off cutting them out to slim down the deck.
Stroke of Genius You have enough draw and the other draw is better
Uncage the Menagerie way too specific, and way too much of a gamble. your best search would be 3 and you would only search through 3 cards.
Urza's Incubator Most of your elves are pretty cheap, so this may end up being pretty dead, as you may just end up with a bunch of unused mana. Your call on it though, as it's still somewhat useful
Door of Destinies This is slow and honestly the lack of other utility makes it somewhat dead. still has potential, so up to you.
Braingeyser You have other draw, and not being instant speed or triggered off creatures means it may not be as useful
Gilt-Leaf Ambush Not a fantastic card, low and just a dead draw late game
you have a plethora of low drop mana dorks, so you may want to slim those down a bit
Hyperalgialysis on Elves
5 years ago
I would change the format to modern as this isnt standard. Secondly, go all in on elves. Elvish Champion Imperious Perfect Masked Admirers Sylvan Messenger Lys Alana Huntmaster Reclamation Sage Gilt-Leaf Ambush. If you can afford to get good green/black lands you can open up a world of good carda like Thornbow Archer Shaman of the Pack Prowess of the Fair Elves of Deep Shadow Eyeblight's Ending Nameless Inversion
5 years ago
Gilt-Leaf Ambush just for flavor? XD nice deck, mate!
|Want (2)||MarshCasualty , Amaterasu312|