Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Reveal the top X cards of your library. You may put any number of permanent cards with converted mana cost/mana value X or less from among them onto the battlefield. Then put all cards revealed this way that weren't put onto the battlefield into your graveyard.
2 months ago
I would suggest keeping your win cons to Hoof Daddy, Kamahl, and Finale of the Bus Station.
Your creature suite already seems good to me, so changes needed at the moment. Though I would suggest taking an even deeper dive into mana dorks that do more than just make mana (elves excluded).
I would also suggest looking up X Spells that do a lot. Case in point: Genesis Wave.
Your mana base is fine since you want to keep it at a middle-of-the-road power level. So I would suggest adding in fetchlands as a way to thin the deck and a shuffle effect. Nothing is as feels bad as drawing multiple lands in a creature deck. Along this line of thought, I would actually suggest cutting back on lands (around 33) and cut Sol Ring entirely.
2 months ago
Courser of Kruphix is definitely a card I have considered, but I'm just not quite sure what I would cut for it, as I feel that Oracle of Mul Daya gives better value and I'm not sure if I want a second reveal effect.
Coat of Arms makes sense due to how many Elementals you make, but I play in a pod full of tribal decks, Krenko, Sigarda humans, etc.
2 months ago
Very well thought out deck and well written primer. +1
I have a Dina lands deck that plays somewhat similar.
Wanted to recommend a few things but after reading through the comments it looks like you've tried most of them. But here's a few I didn't see...
Looks like you cut World Shaper at one point?
Realistically I think Genesis Wave deserves a spot more than anything.
2 months ago
I don't see the problem with this deck. Not at all. However, I have some suggestions to make it even more "fun" for Kevin:
- The Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo seems like a fun addition. Not only do I recommend Urborg (and, for that matter, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth in general for decks, but this one means your creatures won't be getting blocked. (Good luck to your opponents!)
- For more things that bring friends with them, you could also think about Junji, the Midnight Sky and Priest of Fell Rites as other reanimators; I get good mileage out of them. Athreos, God of Passage is a sacrifice pay-off I've found to be quite noxious for some people to deal with, and I also quite like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sacrifice outlet.
- Yosei, the Morning Star, Archon of Cruelty, Archfiend of Despair, Questing Beast, The Gitrog Monster, Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, and Kogla, the Titan Ape are nice payoff creatures I recommend. Drana and Linvala and Linvala, Keeper of Silence can also be supremely annoying for your opponents to try to deal with, which is also why I highly recommend them.
- Sylvan Library would combo extremely well with Underrealm Lich and Abundance, but it can be an expensive card cost-wise.
- If you do find your mana ramping to quite high totals, Genesis Wave is well worth considering.
- In decks like this, I still don't feel comfortable without some pinpoint removal tools. My favorites are Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, and Swords to Plowshares, but this can be also dependent on your playgroup. I might also recommend the typical suite of tutors (for you, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Expedition Map would be at the top of my list), but that's maybe less important.
- Field of the Dead is a close-to-auto-include for me in a deck like this, but don't get it just for this.
3 months ago
You might like these: Keen Sense, Snake Umbra, Boundless Realms, Tilonalli's Summoner, Tempt with Vengeance, Animist's Awakening, Kamahl's Druidic Vow, Genesis Wave, Reshape the Earth, Terramorphic Expanse, Stone-Seeder Hierophant
4 months ago
I really appreciate all the Feed back, I know the synergy needs work but at that point I might as well copy someone’s deck. The goal is to ramp the artifacts help always tutor for Nyxbloom Ancient and then Doubling Cube becomes 3x more effective. Lithoform Engine can copy that effect and compile it more so, often creating well into the hundreds of mama, so 4 cost to draw a card with Diviner's Wand something I can repeat as I want is negligible. At that point you get to a card where you get a card that allows you to place majority of your deck into your hand and do mostly as you please. Along with that Genesis Wave places all the land and permanents you need and usually by turn 5 there’s enough mana that it’s worth the drop setting the following turn up for huge mana and usually can end game sacing omnath to Altar of Dementia or just simply attacking. Or even Squall Line
Still plenty of play testing needed, but this also isn’t a full on competitive build just for my play group. I will definitely take a deeper look and playtest some of the changes.
4 months ago
Recommended Removals: Nissa's Renewal Treacherous Terrain Verdant Mastery Violent Ultimatum Omnath, Locus of Mana Omnath, Locus of Rage Omnath, Locus of the Roil Begin the Invasion Endless Detour Titans' Nest Wayfarer's Bauble
Recommended Additions: Muldrotha, the Gravetide Bloom Tender Chromatic Lantern Maelstrom Archangel Surrak Dragonclaw Zaxara, the Exemplary Chulane, Teller of Tales Animar, Soul of Elements The World Tree Genesis Wave Tempt with Discovery Maelstrom Nexus Cascading Cataracts Urza's Filter Esika, God of the Tree Flip Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign