Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Warrior
Persist (When this creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
multimedia on COOL sac Korvold deck?!
2 years ago
Hey, Korvold, Fae-Cursed King is not $10 it's $5 and is right up your alley if you like Mayhem Devil. Korvold is a much stronger Commander with his repeatable draw/grows himself than Rakdos. Jund Goblins could work since Goblin tokens can be saced to Korvold and it gives you Grumgully, the Generous + Scuzzback Marauders combo which Mayhem is a win condition.
multimedia on EDH Under $1 Series - …
2 years ago
Hey, here's some Commanders from the Scryfall list and cards that are $1 or less that are good with the Commander:
TriusMalarky on Deathkeeper, shaman spellcaster- looking for …
2 years ago
First, I'm stealing Mortuary-Succession combo for my Korvold. And adding Deathrender because Korvold's a piece in that loop.
Personally, in sac decks you don't want to use too many instants/sorceries. You should really attempt to assemble some Persist combos, with cards like Rhythm of the Wild and Grumgully, the Generous, Melira and a sac outlet. You can probably get 3-5 sac outlets and 3+ Persist disablers, as well as a good handful of Persist creatures, of which Rendclaw Trow and Scuzzback Marauders are best as they can also be used with with Mortuary-Succession loop. Add some black ones though.
Then, you could run Commune with the Gods which, although a 1-of, hits every single one of your main combo pieces in the deck.
I don't know how much ramp you're running, but you can get to about 4 1-mana dorks(more if you want ones that sac themselves to add mana) and a good 3-6 2-mana rocks, although dorks are better here because you can sacrifice them. I'd use Sakura-Tribe Elder as a great one.
Also, if you're using Succession, get a few Relentless Rats or Rat Colony. Also Seven Dwarves. Add Thrumming Stone, and basically make sure that most of your deck is either ramp, Rats or Combo pieces. Mostly because it's funny and gives Succession another use other than combo.
Snake_Oil on Spicy Gumball [Grumgully Persist Combo]
3 years ago
Grumgully comboes with Persist creatures (such as Scuzzback Marauders for example) by giving them +1/+1 counters when they ETB which negates the -1/-1 counters persist generates. Add a sac outlet like Ashnod's Altar (Infinite Colourless Mana) or Goblin Bombardment (Infinite Damage) and you're laughing. Other choices like Impact Tremors / Gate to the Afterlife / Guardian Project / Overgrowth Elemental / Altar of the Brood add advantage around the combo, and Rhythm of the Wild is a substitute Grumgully while also adding uncounterability to your creature pieces.
I'll add this explanation to the intro, but I hope it helps explain it!
GhostChieftain on Grumgully, the Generous cEDH (combo)
3 years ago
This guy is super dope, it is just too bad he isn't jund and/or 1 cmc cheaper.I thought up a couple hulk piles with this guy on board. One is Arcbound Ravager , Lesser Masticore , and Walking Ballista . Sac lm to ravager until ravager is arbitrarily large and then sac ravager to put counters on ballista.
The other is Skirk Prospector , Scuzzback Marauders and Walking Ballista . Same concept with different method. Sac scuzzyboi for an arbitrarily large amount of mana and sink it all into ballista and ping down your opponents.
vic on Do +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 …
4 years ago
I've heard that if a creature with a -1/-1 counter gets a +1/+1 counter or vice versa, then rather than keep both counters, the counters are both removed instead. Is this true? Here's what I'd like to do:
Run Scuzzback Marauders in a warriors deck with Bramblewood Paragon . I'm hoping to exploit Persist by continually returning my Marauders from the graveyard and having it ETB with a +1/+1 counter from the Paragon (assuming it's in play), thus removing the -1/-1 counter that it would otherwise get from Persist.
vojtotto on sprouting thrinax
4 years ago
bongorongo Ive been playing thrinax for a while now, and I would recommend getting some more agresive cards. Rites of Initiation Gurmag Angler Impact Tremors Scourge Devil Scuzzback Marauders etc.
Delve cards are really good as you can use thrinax in your graveyard to pay for the cost and then move him into the command zone.
Ashnod altar and similar cards dont really do much imho. I tried them but they were too slow.
PS: ill upload my current list if you like :) and we can brainstorm a little.