Back:Emeria, Shattered Skyclave Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Create two 4/4 white Angel Warrior creature tokens with flying. Non-Angel creatures you control gain indestructible until your next turn.
6 days ago
I'll have a look at you deck! It looks like a cool list. It's interesting looking at the similarities and differences. Osgir is damn cool, it's been fun seeing a Boros commander get really popular, and he makes for a fun deck. I ended up getting attached to Alibou specifically as a commander. I really just.. enjoy the top of deck manipulation, combined with removal and aggro.
1 month ago
What do you think about the big MDFC cycle (Turntimber Symbiosis Flip, Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Emeria's Call Flip)? Also, Jadzi, Oracle of Arcavios Flip is very fun for a deck that needs to ramp quickly, especially if combined with Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait.
The MDFCs will allow your deck to be a bit more flexible when it needs to be, with them never really being a dead draw.
2 months ago
Thank you for checking my list out! I'd be curious as to what your list is like, I feel like Alibou is an underplayed commander.
I've tried playing with Lodestone Myr, but wasn't really able to make it quite work despite it's synergies. I think that a lot of the artifacts in the deck are able to tap themselves for effects, so Myr doesn't have as much utility as here as it might in other builds. That being said, if the deck does get re-keyed enough at some point, Myr is probably worth reinvestigating.
Emeria's Call Flip is just there in a land slot to be honest, It's not immensely synergistic, but I do cast it occasionally, and worst case is it's a painful on etb plains. Boros Charm is excellent! I put it into pretty much any deck which runs the colors for it.
I can definitely see the utility in Waves of Aggression, being able to scry lands to the top to repeatedly and reliably get extra combats sounds awesome.
2 months ago
Alibou caught my eye upon being spoiled as an interesting build around. I like the direction you went with your list.
Lodestone Myr really good at charging up the laser.
3 months ago
Emeria's Call Flip didn't make the cut when I was replacing the cycling lands with MDFCs. A protection spell Flip and a sweeper Flip are more appealing than a token spell. I wouldn't drop one of them for Emeria's Call. Flip
But I could cut a different land and have all three of them in the deck.
3 months ago
Lands are looking tight, but still something I would recommend above your two Flip current Flip MDFC’s since the land side has an option to come in untapped, which will make your gameplay faster. Sorcery side promotes aggression in an already aggressive archetype, and it also provides 2 evasive bodies that Halvar Flip can toss equipment between to protect you after swinging out with your newly indestructible team.
I know a CMC of 7 costs a ton, but how priceless will it feel when your opponents try to destroy all creatures the following turn after you cast the sorcery since so many people commonly overlook the part of your non-angel creatures still having indestructible “until your next turn.” Sure, they may have killed your angels, but you can thank them for eliminating the blockers of your favorite non-angel! Flip
7 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
9 months ago
How about instead of Renewed Faith you add Chaplain's Blessing? Much cheaper MV, and almost as good. Also, Chaplain's Blessing gives just enough life to trigger Resplendent Angel. I would also get rid of Emeria's Call Flip as it's mana prohibitive, and replace it with Angelic Accord; Angelic Accord is useful with Chaplain's Blessing and Bishop of Wings. When you use Angelic Accord, then trigger it with Chaplain's Blessing, And, Righteous Valkyrie is another with Angelic Accord, considering that the token's toughness is 4, and even with Bishop of Wings it adds 4 more life, which makes for triggering Resplendent Angel. Also, I would definitely exchange Lyra Dawnbringer with Shalai, Voice of Plenty. The latter protects with hexproof, which is great against many types of threats, especially counter/burn decks. I would also get rid of Starnheim Unleashed with Starnheim Aspirant.