Create two 4/4 white Angel Warrior creature tokens with flying. Non-Angel creatures you control gain indestructible until your next turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emeria's Call Discussion
3 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
3 months ago
I can see the appeal for Realmwalker but 4 seems a bit much for a deck that only runs 1 creature type and no ways to mess with the top of the library. How useful is the 2nd one?
I like that you're using Esika's Chariot but it's kind of a shame you don't have any big tokens to duplicate. You could mix in maybe 2 Emeria's Call Flip to your mana base to get access to angels eventually. You might as well add a few Angelic Ascension since you're pretty naked to fliers anyway, and it's a pretty versatile card. I guess it's not exactly on theme but angels would work nicely with Esika's Chariot both as target for its ability or to crew it.
More on theme, I'm not sure how well it would fit in this deck but did you consider Felidar Retreat ? You like cats, you like +1/+1 counters, it gives you both! Just make sure you have 4 Fabled Passage if you try it out.
3 months ago
Emeria's Call and Fetchlands can't accomplish everything Plainscyclers can. Emeria's Call can't tutor for Mistveil Plains or shuffle my library. Fetchlands aren't late-game bodies. Plainscyclers are a complete package of these effects. They're not all-stars, but what they provide is plenty to help the deck flow better.
If I wanted to use Sram, he wouldn't of been taken out to begin with. And I don't know if the new card draw is going to be good enough. I'd rather wait for them to be printed and decide on what to take out at that time instead of forcing a card I don't want anymore in the deck to act as a placeholder. The new card draw is within the coming sets.
3 months ago
If you want creatures on lands, Emeria's Call is two for one plus insurance. If you want shuffle effects, 1 life is a lot better a price to pay than 2 mana-- Any Fetchland can work in that space if you find yourself needing it that much.
Considering you're going to need to find space for said card draw anyway, it kinda feels obfuscatory to not add Sram. How long are you planning on waiting for this new, exciting, card draw?
3 months ago
Oh, sorry. When I was playing it I didn't see what the other side of Emeria's Call was. No, I think it is good as it it then. On a slightly different topic, I was able to get Ajani's Pridemate up to something like 60/60, which was rather fun.
4 months ago
You are absolutely right with the competitive level in 2021. With more and more powercreep over the last years, white decks in particular got worse and worse. Here is an nice explanation of whats happening atm. White is not the color of removal. It was way more competitive in 2016-2018 but today it holds up pretty well and i think its the most fun deck i own to play.
4 months ago
Just checking in to say that your suggestions from our last discussion have proven to be very interesting!
Skyclave Apparition + Charming Prince is huge! The Prince replaces the Wall and is a human, the life gain/flicker options which are nice to have to complement the scry 2/draw of the Wall, plus its attack of 2 can sometimes dissuade some attackers. And the Apparition is a good replacement of the Oblivion Ring , with added devotion and the fact that they never get the card back (and the flicking with the Prince is just yummy!)
Emeria's Call Flip is great, always a positive as a one-of/two-of, and the small synergy with Lyra Dawnbringer and the fact that she is legendary has made me prefer her to Baneslayer Angel (or Linvala , as I don't have too many creature-based combos in my meta).
Mistveil Plains + Secluded Steppe are doing a lot more than I expected! Like you said, with the Wayfarer you can pay to draw a card, or to do it every turn, which in practice has been more interesting than the Arch for me. And finally, the Mistveil Plains are not only great with the Steppe, but also with any legendary angel an opponent would have destroyed/made you discard as you can bounce the Lancers with the Prince to get your angel back! It can really make the difference, and my angels have come back to play this way infinitely more in a few games than Emeria, The Sky Ruin has ever done.
Deck is very smooth now, a joy to play again! I won't pretend it's competitive in 2021's Modern state but I'm having a great time and you still get a fair amount of wins against non-control decks! Cheers :)
5 months ago
Take Out: - Merciless Eviction exiles so that will not trigger our boy, Nev.
Bontu the Glorified really doesn't seem that good. You dont have a lot of creatures to sack. Sure you could get a bunch from Nev. Its too many conditions needed for Bontu.
Winds of Abandon for the same reasoning as Merciless Eviction
Mnemonic Deluge is so much mana and you do not even really have any good targets for it. It wont get you an overloaded rift, it can target a board clear but you dont need to do that multiple times
Court of Grace seems slow and you will almost never be the monarch probably.
Avacyn, Angel of Hope could be really good so as to keep all of your stuff
Faith's Reward is good. Lets you get the death triggers on stuff and then you can get all of your stuff back
Second Sunrise is also good but helps everyone. If you manage to wipe the board, second sunrise, and then wipe the board again, THEN play Nev or if you had Blood Artist out, that's meta. Its a lot of mana to do all this so maybe not on the Sunrise.
Rise of the Dark Realms could be the SAUCE
Liliana, Dreadhorde General aint bad if you are able to board wipe to help protect her and draw all those cards
Leyline of Anticipation could be nice if you need more flash for board clears but this is meh in the deck. Your instant speed stuff is your spot removal or counters!
Rout is a built in flash board clear
Land Tax is good since you are in non-ramp colors. You can get the lands you will need since you might blow up your own mana rocks sometimes
Talismans are good but could get blown up so up to you
Gift of Immortality on Nev is banana town
Generous Gift instead of a spell that exiles like Utter End. This one destroys