Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
You may exert Resolute Survivors as it attacks. (It won't untap during your next untap step.) Whenever you exert a creature, Resolute Survivors deals 1 damage to each opponent and you gain 1 life.
mrweaselman on War Champs
1 year ago
Take out Garna, the Bloodflame, Gatekeeper of Malakir, Rushblade Commander, and Intimidation Bolt and this deck is pioneer legal. Some of them aren't all that good here anyways and they're not worth being in a much higher power format.
Cards that are also not very good: Chief of the Scale, Goma Fada Vanguard, and Pacifism. Cut Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants if you have trouble finding space for other cards.
Your best creatures would probably be Blood-Chin Rager and Chief of the Edge, so run 4 each.
Since you have Herald of Dromoka, you can do some pretty cool things with exert creatures. Brave the Sands also has this effect. Ahn-Crop Crasher, Combat Celebrant, Devoted Crop-Mate, and Glory-Bound Initiate are all really good warriors when paired with vigilance. Resolute Survivors too if you want to commit this route, although Brutal Hordechief is probably better. Path of Mettle Flip is an interesting one too for grindy matches, maybe more of a sideboard card.
If you want more wide aggro, run Bloodsoaked Champion and either Gutterbones or Zurgo Bellstriker, take out vigilance or toughness effects, and work to increase power. You can win with a couple Arashin Foremost, Brutal Hordechief, and more Secure the Wastes.
Fatal Push is probably the best pioneer removal spell, but if you find larger CMC creatures in your meta Cast Down or Heartless Act will hit almost anything.
For mana base, Battlefield Forge and Caves of Koilos are better budget dual options than anything that comes in tapped. Secluded Courtyard and Unclaimed Territory are almost auto includes for tribal.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
5 years ago
maybe also add Resolute Survivors
BlackKnightJack on Red-Green (AKH - HOU)
5 years ago
If this is suppose to be an exert deck then you've put in a lot of bad cards in lieu of good ones like Glorybringer and Ahn-Crop Crasher. Likewise you're completely neglecting white which has many more exert cards that are good or at least better than what you have here like Glory-Bound Initiate, Resolute Survivors, and even Vizier of the True isn't absolutely awful for the them here.
beast_of_war on Exert
5 years ago
I found Resolute Survivors goes well in this deck theme as well. I was doing 8 to 10 damage with the exertion alone, then combat damage.
5 years ago
Resolute Survivors is a great card. I had it in my boros exert. But no Glorybringer? Your deck is awesome.
K1ngr3ese on Big Bad Boros
5 years ago
1 drops... sacred cat 2, bomat courier 2, magma spray 3
2 drops... adorned pouncer or glory-bound initiate 3, skyterror 3, tormenting voice 4
3 drops... aerial responder 2, combat celebrant 2, devoted crop-mate 2, sunscourge champion 2, sweltering suns 3
4 drops... gideons intervention or ixalans binding or cast out 2
5 drops... angel of invention, glorybringer total of 4
7 drops... god-pharaohs gift 4
So to answer your question i think it would look something like this. Maybe some adjustments to ensure a gift midgame. Maybe Inventors' Fair if you keep scrapheaps and such or the gate. Maybe gideon walkers. Main thing is lots of creatures in an agro style, and enough draw so you dont gas out and enough life(lots of lifegain from creatures to help counter other agro decks) to pull a wincon if game goes long. Gideon/ixalans for scrab god or other troublesome things. Then gift to stay going midgame.
Some other thoughts... -you could make a semi exertion style deck with Combat Celebrant + Resolute Survivors type deal and run anointed procession for double tokens off gift and basically win off drain from survivors- i have been messing with my mardu again because of the success with my boros... anointed processions and panharmonicons are both pretty sick in reanimators(i like procession better). Ixalans binding is under-rated. Yes it is slow, but, for example, it locks ramunap red out of the scarey stuff they play multiples of (ferocidon, glorybringer, hazorets). Ixalans is reactive, gideons intervention is proactive. I like both. Your 1,3 & 4 drop slot become great sideboard slots for the deck as you can customize your removal packages with flexibility. 4 interventions for control, 4 settle the wreckage for agro/energy, 4 bindings... doesnt matter, go nuts. Hope that helps.
phDaemon on Mardu Warriors
5 years ago
Also, in aggro decks, I especially recommend running 2 - 4x Valorous Stance. That card's utility is way too good to pass up. Especially in a meta with Fatal Push. It will not block Path to Exile, but most people would probably try not to use those up right away. Instead of Mardu Charm, I would run Secure the Wastes, and for the most part Crackling Doom is kind of worthless in modern, unless you're going up against a control type deck.
Kolaghan's Command is almost a must if you can afford the price (since you got the colors I would put at least 2x in my SB). I bought 8 of them when they were selling for a buck, I knew that card was going to be broken.
- -3x Devoted Crop-Mate
- -4x Glory-Bound Initiate
- -2x Always Watching
- -2x Mardu Charm
- -3x Herald of Dromoka
- -1x Honored Crop-Captain
- -4x Nef-Crop Entangler
+3x Blood-Chin Rager
- +3x Valorous Stance
- +2x Secure the Wastes
- +3x Sorin, Solemn Visitor (Your main wincon with some board state)
- +4x Chief of the Edge
- +2x Battle Brawler
- +2x Path to Exile
- +1 or 2x Brutal Hordechief as a topper / alt win-con
- +1 or 2x Hero's Downfall
Maybe if you find space for it, a Mardu Strike Leader.
- -2x Mountain
- -4x Nomad Outpost
- +4x Battlefield Forge
- +4x Caves of Koilos
- +2x Mana Confluence or City of Brass
Total 22 lands since your CMC is so low. You also need some wincon finishers, Sorin, Solemn Visitor is my aggro planeswalker of choice here. He also pairs nice with the painlands, basically having you recover any early self-pain. You should definitely use some disruption, probably Thoughtseize in SB otherwise you are highly vulnerable to wipes. Something on the sideboard for drawing extra cards wouldn't hurt either, e.g. Painful Truths.
So, for the SB, I would add
2x Thoughtseize2x Anguished Unmaking2x Blessed Alliance2x Kolaghan's Command
Depending on how competitive your meta is, there's a few other things you might need to add in there.
The core of most warrior decks look extremely similar because those are generally the best warriors out there.