Rhys the Redeemed
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
, : Create a 1/1 green and white Elf Warrior creature token.
, : For each creature token you control, create a token that's a copy of that creature.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
Combos Browse all
- Nacatl War-Pride + Rhys the Redeemed
- Intruder Alarm + Llanowar Elves + Rhys the Redeemed
- Intruder Alarm + Llanowar Tribe + Rhys the Redeemed
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Rhys the Redeemed Discussion
1 week ago
I'll include some recommendations if you're interested:
Tokens: Thinking along the lines of MOAR TOKENS, Second Harvest and Rhys the Redeemed . You could also consider Call the Coppercoats , Deploy to the Front , and Nomads' Assembly . Awakening Zone , Giant Adephage is fun.
Trample: I'd recommend Nylea, God of the Hunt if you're willing to shell out the extra bit.
Protection: Fanatical Devotion
1 month ago
I just wanted to point out, unfortunately you can't use Rhys the Redeemed because of the hybrid mana symbol. Your commander would need white in it's color identity. If you need a replacement for now, I would add back in one of the cards that lets you put an Elf Warrior token into play for each Elf you control. Honestly, I'd put both back in. Elvish Promenade Elven Ambush .
As far as cuts, I would go with Pride of the Perfect End-Raze Forerunners Elven Bow Tergrid's Shadow Cultivator of Blades Voice of the Woods Twinblade Assassins You can easily replace Elvish Rejuvenator with Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf
I have only recently built myself a Lathril deck. Good luck with this! It's really fun to play.
1 month ago
Hi, first of all, I like the simplicity of this Deck. Lathril, Blade of the Elves has the colour identity green and black (gb). Unfortunately hybrid mana, like the mana for Rhys the Redeemed and Growing Ranks gives both colours to the colour identity of a card, so that these two cards are regarded green and white cards and are therefor illegal in a Lathril deck. (If your playgroup ignores that, which is you right to do, ignore that.)
Since you propably want to attack with Lathril, you'll want to protect her. The two most basics cards to do that would be Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots , although they are not vrey flavourful. You could also improve her first effect by giving her double strike (i.e. with Fireshrieker ), which would result in triggering the effect twice per attack.
An additional Elf, I would recommend, is Fauna Shaman . With that you can search you library for more important elves. The following cards would greatly improve the deck, but are also pretty expensive moneywise, are Kindred Dominance , Kindred Summons and Doubling Season .
If you want to protect your whole board (at least for a single time) you could add Druid's Deliverance .
I hope I could help you a little.
Have fun with your deck
Daveslab2022 on None
2 months ago
I actually agree with plakjekaas.
My opinion holds significantly less weight in this thread than others because I don’t play EDH, but this is the one debate I don’t mind hopping in.
There’s a lot of different opinions in this thread. Some people think that Rhys the Redeemed should be available in a mono white deck and a mono green deck, in addition to the Selesnya deck she is currently utilized in.
Others are saying that Rhys the Redeemed should be available in any deck that plays white or green, this mean Jeskai, Boros, whatever.
Due to these conflicting views just within the community of tappedout I think it’s safe to say that it’s either confusing, goes against the color identity scheme that has existed for decades (even though WOTC is taking creative liberties to slash those color identities into nothingness), and that the community will never fully agree on what should happen with these hybrid mana cards.
On a Reddit thread, somebody more articulate than myself said this;
“ Imagine a Double-Hybrid-Rampant-Growth. And now imagine that each Deck with White in it could access this card. Suddenly people would have more options to ramp in Gruul, Azorious, even Mardu Decks.”
And I think it explains my feelings exactly. Cards with hybrid mana costs have them because they “feel” both white and green or whatever colors they are, mechanically. To slot them into a mono colored, or even a very off color (Rhys in Jeskai for example) deck would just feel wrong to me.
2 months ago
There's nothing wrong with your list as-is, but I do think a combat-oriented strategy would run more smoothly. Its up to you, maybe you could even do a combination of the two versions.
You could actually still incorporate many of the cards in your current list into the new list if you went for the combat strategy. For example I would retain these: Archivist , Arcanis the Omnipotent , Parcelbeast , Rhys the Redeemed , Heroic Intervention
2 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
2 months ago
I'm glad I could help! I have some other suggestions if it's no longer budget (I won't include Mana Crypt an stuff though haha) and you want to improve it some more: I see that you also have Ohran Frostfang , which is a great deterrent for your opponents deciding to block. Another good source of Deathtouch could be Bow of Nylea , which also does some other cool abilities on top of giving deathtouch. Some other good drawing enchantments include Garruk's Uprising , Elemental Bond , and Colossal Majesty . Since you run anthems, these guys can trigger on your weenies too. If you want something more consistent, Beast Whisperer and Mentor of the Meek are also good draw power. A fun card that puts creatures onto your opponent's side of the board is Hungry Lynx , especially because it gives your commander protection from the creatures it makes! Legion Loyalist seems perfect in this deck since he gives all your creatures first strike, trample, and evasion from tokens, and all of those things make it easier to get the goad trigger. Dragonmaster Outcast and Emeria Angel can make even more flying tokens to get that sweet goading trigger. Feldon of the Third Path seems good for when things are inevitably in the graveyard and you want to use them. Blade of Selves lets you use a creature you already have even more! Some other ramp that you haven't included is Selesnya Signet , Sol Ring , Rampant Growth , and Sword of the Animist . Anthems that you might consider are War Horn , Spear of Heliod , and Glory of Warfare .
The cards I would cut include: The small creatures with only a landwalk ability, like Dwarven Grunt and Treetop Scout ( Dryad Sophisticate is good, though). They are limited in their ability to get in for damage, and don't do much else beyond that, which makes them your more weak cards. I agree with your decision to try to cut the Hunted Troll , but the Hunted Dragon seems good since you can swing immediately and goad the tokens it makes. Although the Soltari creatures with shadow are good, I think you may have too many of them--they are intensive, and only Soltari Champion and Soltari Visionary really do anything when you use them. The Healer's Hawk and Segovian Angel are basically really bad Serra Ascendant s. If you want the 1-drop, maybe consider Figure of Destiny (gets bigger) or even Rhys the Redeemed (makes tokens). Citadel Siege and Dictate of Heliod are too slow and/or costly to make an impact, in my opinion. You know your meta better though.
3 months ago
These too: Rhys the Redeemed , Sundering Growth , Wake the Reflections , Harabaz Druid , Axebane Guardian , Wirewood Channeler , Village Bell-Ringer , Aggravated Assault , Farhaven Elf , Elvish Rejuvenator