Creature — Human Warrior
Cowards can't block Warriors.
: Choose one that hasn't been chosen this turn —
- Kargan Intimidator gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
- Target creature becomes a Coward until end of turn.
- Target Warrior gains trample until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kargan Intimidator Discussion
1 week ago
Omniscience_is_life - As much as I adore Kargan Intimidator, and have been interested in building a pseudo-warriors tribal deck including him, I’m not sure this is the place for him, because my other warriors: Pelt Collector & Gruul Spellbreaker already have trample. I do wonder if maybe he has a place in modern with Wild Nacatl? I’m also hesitant of Adorned Pouncer, only because it doesn’t grow my 1-drops on curve. Maybe an Embercleave deserves a slot though?
I really appreciate your attention brought to Ghor-Clan Rampager and your suggestion of replacing it with CoCo. I’m surprised I didn’t think of it myself, lol. Thank you so much for your feedback!
1 week ago
I have exactly zero experience with Pioneer, but I like what you're doing here from a commander perspective!
Since I have such little knowledge of the format, you ought to take all my suggestions with several grains of salt; but here's what I've got:
I wonder if Fleecemane Lion is worthy of a playset--would a Kargan Intimidator (can give Pelt Collector trample!), or Adorned Pouncer (also a cat lol, and works well w/Ghor-Clan Rampager) be a worthy replacement?
Speaking of Ghor-Clan Rampager (albeit the first mention was parenthetical, but surely it counts!), I don't love it as a 4-of--so much mana, even if it can be activated for cheaper. A few Collected Company could reeeaally help give this deck some gas, and that seems like it would take the same slot given mana cost.
Glad to see people playing non-commander formats, it can get a little stale with just that sometimes ;3
2 months ago
Golgari Processing Plant
Land (Mythic Rare)
Golgari Processing Plant enters the battlefield tapped.
, Sacrifice another permanent: Add , , or .
, , Sacrifice Golgari Processing Plant, exile your graveyard: Create a 1/1 black and green Worm creature token for each creature card exiled this way, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token for each land card exiled this way, and create a 1/1 black Rat creature token for each noncreature, nonland card exiled this way.
I'd like to see a card which cares about those three creature types. In any way. Elite Inquisitor , Kaalia of the Vast , Power Word Kill , Animal Sanctuary , Swarmyard , and Boldwyr Intimidator / Kargan Intimidator all show permutations of different multi-tribes, for reference.
5 months ago
Sorry for the late reply, but Kargan Intimidator most definitively remove all creature type while turning the creature into a coward, otherwise it would say "...coward in addition to its other types" like for Demonic Embrace . Please do some research or testing on MTGA before correcting others.
5 months ago
I'm not the best with Winota decks, I couldn't tell you what ratio is best, but it seems like there are too many humans (payoffs) and not enough non-humans (enablers). Goldspan Dragon is a very good card to include, Selfless Savior protects Winota and counts as a non-human, Basri's Lieutenant is a human but a good one to hit, and Alseid is an alternative to Selfless Savior if you'd prefer.
There are plenty of low-power hits in here, but I totally understand just wanting to play cards that look cool!
6 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
6 months ago
I don't think there's many scenarios, if any, where you'll be happy to play a 2/1 for 2 to eventually get a 2/1 for 3 if you attack. You should remove all 4 Fearless Liberator and instead add 4 Kargan Intimidator . It's easy to miss, but he can target your own humans (or himself) to make them "cowards" (and no longer human) to trigger Winota, Joiner of Forces .
Usually decks that run Winota, Joiner of Forces don't play planeswalker because more often than not you'll see them when you miss with Winota, Joiner of Forces 's trigger and then they'll spend the rest of the game under the library. Your high cost cards should normally be cards that she can cheat into play. Either way, Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast won't achieve much either because you have a wide variety of different CMC creatures to hit with him, he's normally played in decks with only giant creatures and token generators so he always hits good.
I wish I knew how to make good use of Victory's Envoy because she seems fun, but in reality she's a 3/3 that does nothing when she comes into play. If you're going off with Winota, Joiner of Forces hey ability probably won't even come into play, and even if it does, chances are you still would've been better off with any other big hitter instead. You would surely do much better if you just added a 2nd copy of your big legendary dudes like Kenrith, the Returned King and Haktos the Unscarred .
Btw, I'm not sure if you know but Taranika, Akroan Veteran will not trigger if she's put into play by Winota, Joiner of Forces because then she's already attacking, so she's not a great hit either. She would shine more in a deck that plays small stuff with keywords like Healer's Hawk or even Alseid of Life's Bounty .
6 months ago
Normally in a goblin deck, I'd just suggest running my lords like Goblin King , Goblin Chieftain , etc., and adding more copies of goodstuff like Goblin Grenade and Goblin Chainwhirler . However, to preserve the multiple tribe theme, I think focusing on warrior synergy would be the best idea. A good percentage of your creatures are already warriors and Blood-Chin Fanatic looks like one of the stronger cards in the deck.
Base Camp , Blood-Chin Rager , Kargan Intimidator , Boldwyr Intimidator , Lovisa Coldeyes , Obsidian Battle-Axe , and Raiders' Spoils are some warrior tribal cards in Rakdos, and Chief of the Edge , Chief of the Scale , Arashin Foremost , Herald of Dromoka , Kargan Warleader , and Mardu Woe-Reaper also apply when dipping into Mardu. I know most of these cards are just humans though, so here are some good warriors that fall under the goblinoid umbrella: Bloodmark Mentor , Goblin Bushwhacker , Goblin Cratermaker , Goblin Piledriver , Goblin Rabblemaster , Goblin Trashmaster , Krenko, Mob Boss , Pashalik Mons , Reckless Bushwhacker , Battle Brawler , Brutal Hordechief , Zurgo Bellstriker , Kazuul's Toll Collector , Ogre Battledriver , and Furystoke Giant . Which of these cards is best definitely depends on what your primary strategy is.
Anyway, good luck with your deck!