Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever this attacks, put a double strike counter on another target attacking creature.
9 months ago
Might be a good idea to put a decent Warrior or 2 in the deck. Just in case. Some good ones might be Aven Wind Guide, Aven Gagglemaster, Aven Skirmisher, Aven Sunstriker, Avenging Huntbonder, Dauntless Aven, and Emeria Captain. Or just don't. But it might be good to include a few so that ability on your commander isn't completely useless.
11 months ago
Isperia triggers each time she deals combat damage, so yes, double strike is your friend. Cards that help with that are True Conviction, Duelist's Heritage, and Fireshrieker. Some others I just found are Paladin Class which doubles as an Anthem and stax effect as well. Also Akroma's Will, while being a one shot effect it has other applications. Another interesting one is Avenging Huntbonder. While it doesn't fly it spreads nicely with each subsequent attack. Sigarda's Vanguard is better if you have ways to blink/flicker it.
If you want to go full on anthems it may be beneficial to consider a 'go wide' strategy as well.Favorable Winds, Empyrean Eagle, Sprite Noble, Serra the Benevolent, Thunderclap Wyvern (personal favorite), Inniaz, the Gale Force, Steel-Plume Marshal, Windstorm Drake, Kangee's Lieutenant, Gravitational Shift (I feel this is meta dependent), Kangee, Sky Warden. Rally of Wings is one time effect, but possibly relevant.
Aside from blue's signature Counterspell's for saving your board, there are a few options. Depending on your budget Teferi's Protection is an option as well as Flawless Maneuver. Sephara, Sky's Blade is specific to flyers. Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Eldrazi Monument are pricey but are an option. Bounce spells are versatile here because they can remove a blocker which also nets you handle knowledge, or save a permanent from destruction. Scapegoat at least let's you read them, minus 1. Single target spells like Blink of an Eye can save you racking up commander tax. For commander protection, you got the usual Boots/Grieves but Neurok Stealthsuit and Whispersilk Cloak offer more, the former can be uses as a counterspell of sorts for single target effects.
Hopefully that isn't too much info for ya. Not saying include them all, but whatever you feel works for you. Oh, almost forgot... looking at the Sphinx options only a few really stuck out. The first of which is Medomai the Ageless works with the double strike as well, however cannot attack during any extra turns. That said, you just switch you equipment or target over on the extra turns. Alhammarret, High Arbiter Can view a hand and lock a card in it. If you bounce a commander prior you can name the commander. Jelenn Sphinx while small in the front still offers an anthem on the attack. Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign, is iffy. I like the cost reduction but am not a fan of cards going to the yard up to you though. Atemsis, All-Seeing was something else I've been considering as an additional wincon. You can use Isperia to fetch cards of costs you're missing.
Ok, now I'm done for now.
1 year ago
Land Tax , Avacyn's Collar , Gallows at Willow Hill , Harmonious Archon , Herald of War , Repel the Abominable , Slayer's Plate , Thalia's Lieutenant , Thraben Doomsayer , Abzan Falconer , Abzan Battle Priest , Apostle of Purifying Light , Archetype of Courage , Avacynian Missionaries Flip, Avenging Huntbonder , Banisher Priest , Cathars' Crusade , Crusader of Odric , Elite Inquisitor , Elite Scaleguard , Fencing Ace , Fiend Hunter , Fiendslayer Paladin , Frontline Medic , Hedron-Field Purists , Intrepid Hero , Keeper of the Accord , Kwende, Pride of Femeref , Lavabrink Venturer , Luminarch Aspirant , Mentor of the Meek , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Mirran Crusader , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Odric, Master Tactician , Selfless Squire , Soldier of the Pantheon , Soul's Attendant , Victory's Envoy , Archangel of Thune , Cradle of Vitality , Felidar Retreat , Unbreakable Formation
What I'm suggesting is more of a focus on the +1/+1 counters and the slight life gain that can go along with it. Sit behind a wide army of little guys until you can slowly stack them up high. Any blink effect, like coudshift or eerie interlude can also work well, and bigger/better wraths, Austere Command , Cleansing Nova , End Hostilities , Mass Calcify , Planar Cleansing , Rout , Slash the Ranks ,
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
2 years ago
You might like these: Mindblade Render, Goblin Wardriver, Alpine Houndmaster, Berserkers' Onslaught, Goblin Rabblemaster, Jazal Goldmane, Banewhip Punisher, Blood-Chin Fanatic, Brion Stoutarm, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Goblin Cratermaker, Greven, Predator Captain, Stingscourger, Avenging Huntbonder, Honored Crop-Captain
2 years ago
I really should be running Gauntlet of Power. I also forgot that card existed.
I also really like Champion's Helm.
Blackblade Reforged, Fireshrieker, Inquisitor's Flail, and Strata Scythe all just make the equipped creature a big beater and don't offer any forms of card advantage. But I suppose if I can finish my opponents off with commander damage, then that's what matters.
Avenging Huntbonder is interesting, too! As you say, it's not an equipment, but it does wield my other swords well and double strike on an 8/8 is nasty.
It looks like I've got some stuff to try.
Thanks for the recommendations!
2 years ago
Cool deck dude!
So some equipment that would rather have instead of body and mind in a mono-white deck that are under the $40 price tag:
2 years ago
Hey, good budget version and interesting description. Nice Demonic Tutor :)
Cards $2 or less each to consider adding:
- Swiftfoot Boots: hexproof protection.
- Shielded by Faith: indestructibility protection.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Boots or Faith.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: repeatable creature recursion.
- Hushbringer: flying/double strike/lifelink Snapdax and major opponent disruption.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: flying and regenerate protection.
- Vampire Nighthawk: flying/double strike/deathtouch/lifelink Snapdax.
- Adanto Vanguard: indestructibility protection.
- Brightling: bounce protection.
- Tome of Legends: repeatable draw with attacking Snapdax.
- Deafening Silence: powerful opponent disruption with your mutate creature strategies.
- Swords to Plowshares: instant exile a creature for one mana.
- Generous Gift: instant destroy any permanent.
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Foreboding Ruins
You want more protection for the creature you mutate too because without protection the mutate creature can be killed in response to being mutated or after. In multiplayer Commander mutate is much more of a problem because there's three or more opponents who could have removal. That's a lot more potential removal you have to deal with than if you were playing 1v1.
Swiftfoot Boots gives the equipped creature hexproof meaning that creature can't be targeted by your opponents removal. Boots is an equipment, it can be equipped to any creature you control and it doesn't leave the battlefield when the equipped creature is removed. Open the Armory is a budget tutor that can get Boots.
Flying and double strike is a good combination to do Commander damage with Snapdax. Hushbringer is powerful disruption in multiplayer Commander since it prevents all creatures who have an enter the battlefield ability that triggers and any creature who has a dies ability that triggers. These two types of triggers are ways for players to gain a lot of value from creatures. Hushbringer is not going to affect you much since mutating is not an enter the battlefield trigger it's a cast trigger thus Hushbringer doesn't prevent mutating.
Will-o'-the-Wisp is a one drop flying creature who can regenerate. This little Spirit can be powerful with mutate. Brightling is a unique creature with mutate since you can bounce it as well as all creatures that are mutated back to your hand. This is pseudo protection because you can activate Brightling in response to opponents removal. By bouncing all the creatures that are mutated then you can mutate them all again getting more value out of mutate.
When Snapdax dies you can choose to spend it to your graveyard instead of putting it back into the Command Zone. This gets around having to pay Commander tax for Snapdax and the tax must be paid even if you're mutating Snapdax from the Command Zone which can be problematic. When Snapdax goes to your graveyard then you can recur it with cards that recur creatures from your graveyard. Phyrexian Reclamation is very good repeatable recursion at instant speed for mutate creatures because you want the creature to come back to your hand to then cast it again to mutate again.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Marsh
- 2x Mountain
- Offspring's Revenge
- Parasitic Impetus
- Shiny Impetus
- Species Specialist
- Duskfang Mentor
- Frillscare Mentor
- Keensight Mentor
- Tentative Connection
- Bad Deal
- Avenging Huntbonder
- Mysterious Egg
Good luck with your deck.