Choose one —
- All creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.
- Destroy target enchantment.
- Regenerate each creature you control.
|Have (3)||winterwind10 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , NineNotesKnives|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Golgari Charm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Golgari Charm Discussion
3 weeks ago
Understand that this is a budget deck, but there are probably better choices than Golgari Charm maindeck, and I'm also wondering if the deck needs up to 3 Grisly Salvage because there isn't a ton of graveyard synergy.
1 month ago
While my Nath deck is MUCH more unfriendly I do have two suggestions (that I actually don't play in my own list as I'm much more discard/ stax driven) Kaya's Ghostform and the criminally underplayed Aspect of Mongoose to protect Nath and Heroic Intervention, Wrap in Vigor and Golgari Charm to protect the team. Ezuri, Renegade Leader is also a must include IMO.
1 month ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
2 months ago
WUBRG97: In addition to being 1 mana less (the difference between 4 mana and 5 is significant), the critical distinction is that Species Specialist is a "may" ability. When I'm going off with Yawgmoth, the cards left in my library is often a major limiter to my combo.
2 months ago
4 months ago
Hey thanks for commenting y'all! I recently played with this deck and noticed that it was very slow to start, i'm guessing my land count and mana curve are coming back to bite me haha.
carlmoores i wasn't feeling them but now i have a slightly better understanding of the game, are there any that you recommend?
golgarigirl all my ramp cards made it more green than black but i like both. I believe I have Moldervine Reclamation, Golgari Charm, and Murder somewhere so i'll definitely add them! I also added Nylea, Keen-Eyed for less expensive creatures lol. I'll definitely look into getting Overwhelming Stampede as well, Timberwatch Elf helps me especially if someone else is running elves too. Do you know any cards that can protect my enchantments, especially Conspiracy and Liliana's Contract? Since it's my secondary win con and all that haha
5 months ago
It looks like you're running Nath just to access black and incidentally make elf tokens? Just wanted to check before making too many suggestions! I am also going to keep it budget-friendly ($3 or less), but you can let me know if you want some less budget ideas!
Both of your colors are really good at card draw, so we can definitely find some options. Since you have a lot of creatures, Shamanic Revelation is a mass-draw favorite. If you want to sacrifice your creatures at all, Evolutionary Leap can turn your elf tokens into real creature cards. Pair it with Moldervine Reclamation for some real draw power! Since you have a lot of bodies in your deck, God-Eternal Bontu can help you draw a ton of cards too. As can Underworld Connections, espeically with your elves that untap lands!
If you're playing black, I feel I would be remiss not to encourage you to run more removal. It's the color's greatest strength, and something green is not great at. Putrefy, Golgari Charm (which can save you from a board clear too!), Casualties of War, Eat to Extinction, even just simple Murder can save you in a pinch.
One final thing to mention is overrun effects...this is green's trademark win condition, and usually how Elves does it's thing. You make more creatures than your opponent, and then make them huge and swing! Overrun, Return of the Wildspeaker, and Overwhelming Stampede can really get an opponent who thinks they're safe from your little creatures.
11 months ago
Ok, I definitely understand your reasoning for those cards. They're very helpful for sure.
Yeah, you don't need to have Vigor out to use Blasphemous Act if you don't want to, in case someone else's board is getting ridiculous. It's just a fun interaction that they can have. Both cards are good in their own right, just combining them can be funny, especially if you have Primal Vigor or Doubling Season out too. But you don't need to use it in that way. Besides, you have other things to protect them from wipes, like Heroic Intervention and Golgari Charm .
As for your final cuts, I think one that should go is Evolutionary Leap . It's a great card, don't get me wrong, but I think skipping a lot of high value cards to get a creature in your hand may be detrimental. You have a ton of enchantments and spells that could be missed out on if you use it. If you're fine with that, then I would keep it. It's still a good card. Another card is maybe Fungal Plots , as it only works on saprolings and it takes two saprolings at a time to make it work for only one draw. Yawgmoth, Thran Physician can accomplish that, can sacrifice anything, and do more with it. Skullmulcher has good potential and goes well with the counter theme.
A card that has been kind of bothering me the more I look at it, is Blasting Station . More often than not, it will really only be valuable if you can infinite with it, but at that point you already have Goblin Bombardment which doesn't have a funky clause that needs it to work. You already have a ton of sacrifice outlets, and not nearly as many token generators even if Tana is a token generator in the command zone. If you want to keep an outlet for it still, I would recommend maybe a Viscera Seer over Blasting Station. It's good for fixing the top of your library more carefully and it is only 1cmc.