Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
, , Sacrifice another creature: Create X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , Gemini4786|
Combos Browse all
- Ayara, First of Locthwain + Ghoulcaller Gisa + Wall of Blood
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Wall of Blood
- Ghoulcaller Gisa + Phyrexian Processor
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ghoulcaller Gisa Discussion
1 week ago
Thank you very much your feedback and suggestions.
I really plan to cut out Breeding Pit and Aphemia, the Cacophony , I just feel I need more token factories and those are my only possibilities right now. Ophiomancer and Bloodline Keeper Flip are brilliant cards for my deck, unfortunately I don't have money for them right now.
Ghoulcaller Gisa is a good call, but I really won't have big power creatures, I could sacrifice only 0-1-2 power creatures, and for 5 mana it's too much from a creature without ETB effects.
I don't want Glaring Spotlight and Daring Fiendbonder in my deck, since these cards are for attack support. I don't feel like attack at all with this deck. Probably all my creatures will defend my health and my PW's and they will be sacrificed before the summoning sickness wears off.
1 week ago
For a test deck you already seem to have a lot right. In terms of improvements you can make, I would definitely cut a few cards. Breeding Pit and Aphemia, the Cacophony are both extremely small impact token creators that take a long time to get considerable value, specifically aphemia who does nothing when faced with graveyard hate and likely won't have many enchantments to target in the first place. I would replace these with Ophiomancer , Ghoulcaller Gisa , and maybe Bloodline Keeper Flip. I would also remove Sword of Body and Mind in favor of better protection at a lower cost, since its attack triggers are mediocre at best. I would recommend adding a few equipment pieces that give hexproof and indestructible, so that ayara can stick around during boardwipes and drain lots of life. Finally, two last cards I would attempt to make room for are Glaring Spotlight and Daring Fiendbonder .
2 months ago
I would recommend Door of Destinies for any tribal deck, Ghoulcaller Gisa would be a nice add because of the sacrifice sub theme you have going on. You could add Triskelion as another win con. Nim Deathmantle is decent as well because it allows you to spam etb effects
4 months ago
Hello again FenIsABasicSwamp. Not sure if you remember me, but I was the one that was building a Haakon deck around the same time you were (a little after). I also had a GoT theme but went more discard. I've been out of the magic scene for a bit but I was coming back to check out your deck because I am trying to revamp my version. I am still amazed at this deck as it truly does everything that I love in Magic. If I could upvote this twice I definitely would. I have some questions for you if that's alright.
2) How relevant has Emergence Zone been?
3) Why fetches in a mono-colored deck? I understand filtering, but you only play two and it seems you have a lot of draw.
4) Has K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth earned his place? Also, how do you supplement the lifeloss? I see some lifelink (and he has it as well) but have you ever needed to worry about the life lost from using him? Do you try to win before this is a problem?
6) Is Bitterblossom not worthwhile for the Contamination combo? If not, how come? I see Winter Orb in the sideboard so it seems like you may want to lockdown in some cases to ensure the deck gets to the mid-to-late game.
7) I know that Sidisi, Undead Vizier can be a repeatable tutor, but how come you don't play more tutors like Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal or even Increasing Ambition? (Unless money is a factor)? Also, why no Razaketh, the Foulblooded? Especially with the token generation factor.
9) Null Profusion is a card I've always meant to try, but the limit of two cards has always deterred me. How has it played for you? Staple? Needed? Just okay?
10) I'm SURE I'm missing something with Yawgmoth, Thran Physician, but he seems "off" to me in your list. You have enough draw to not worry about losing life and sacking a creature that can be sacked to other things. What does he bring to this kind of build?
11) Is the dredge from Stinkweed Imp needed? Do you constantly dredge whenever you can or is there a time and place?
14) Has Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger's cast trigger been enough non-creature removal? I saw the comment about Feed the Swarm so I won't suggest it, but what about Oblivion Stone, All Is Dust, and even Scour from Existence? If they're not needed, how come?
I read your Bio. I understand that your specifically chose not to use some of the cards and combos I've listed here. I hope that my questions come across as curiosity, not "you should do this and do that."
I know I've asked a lot of questions in this on comment, but if you could do me one more thing. Since you like underrated themes and/or commanders would you be willing to take a look at my Rakdos the Defiler deck? He is one I built early in my Magic career, purely for a theme, and without a template. He has become a powerful deck since and I'd love to hear your thoughts!
5 months ago
And what about Ghoulcaller Gisa or Nim Deathmantle. She provides you with more and more go-wide creatures, each triggers with Ayara... And Nim Deathmantle an Altar can go I infinite with either Grave Titan or Wurmcoil Engine.
7 months ago
It's clear that you want to be an aristocrat deck so I would recommend more creatures. Here are some that card that make creature tokens and are more budget friendly: Bastion of Remembrance, Abhorrent Overlord, Aphemia, the Cacophony, Dark Salvation, and Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder. Do you own Bitterblossom? If you do, then I would consider it. Here are three non-budget cards that you might consider after playtesting: Grave Titan, Bloodline Keeper Flip, and Ghoulcaller Gisa.