, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice this: Search your library for a Swamp or Forest card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||, NapoleonBonaparte , lorddarkstar|
|Want (4)||Jerm504 , Gemini4786 , CampbellStev , ZMikeD|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Verdant Catacombs Discussion
1 week ago
Competitive all the way
Botanical Sanctum > Wooded Foothills
Darkslick Shores > Scalding Tarn
Darkwater Catacombs > Verdant Catacombs
Grand Coliseum > Misty Rainforest
Path of Ancestry > Dark Confidant
Counterspell > Mana Drain
1 week ago
1x Ash Barrens -> 1x Prismatic Vista
1x Bojuka Bog -> 1x Bojuka Bog
1x Command Tower -> 1x Command Tower
1x Darkwater Catacombs -> 1x Watery Grave
1x Dimir Aqueduct -> 1x Morphic Pool
1x Evolving Wilds -> 1x Fabled Passage
1x Exotic Orchard -> 1x Exotic Orchard
4x Forest -> 4x Forest
1x Foul Orchard -> 1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Golgari Rot Farm -> 1x Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
1x Ice Tunnel -> 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Island -> 4x Island
1x Jungle Hollow -> 1x Woodland Cemetery
1x Llanowar Wastes -> 1x Mana Confluence
1x Lumbering Falls -> 1x Rejuvenating Springs
1x Myriad Landscape -> 1x Misty Rainforest
1x Opulent Palace -> 1x Opulent Palace
1x Reliquary Tower -> 1x Reliquary Tower
1x Rimewood Falls -> 1x Rimewood Falls
1x Simic Growth Chamber -> 1x Breeding Pool
1x Sunken Hollow -> 1x Sunken Hollow
2x Swamp -> 2x Swamp
1x Terramorphic Expanse -> 1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Thornwood Falls -> 1x Zagoth Triome
1x Tidechannel Pathway -> 1x Tidechannel Pathway
1x Winding Canyons -> 1x Winding Canyons
1x Yavimaya Coast -> 1x Yavimaya Coast
2 months ago
Hey, consider Sol Ring ? It's a staple mana rock in Commander. Consider less Swamps and more Golgari dual lands? Green mana is much more important than black. 11 Swamps really reduces the consistency of having a green source turn one for a green one drop mana dork. You don't want to draw all Swamps and no Forests.
You can speed up game play and help color fixing by adding more dual lands that can ETB untapped:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Undergrowth Stadium
- Overgrown Tomb
- Nurturing Peatland
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Verdant Catacombs : gets Overgrown Tomb .
- Windswept Heath : gets Overgrown Tomb .
- Darkbore Pathway Flip
- Unclaimed Territory
Several of these lands could replace lands that always ETB tapped: Foul Orchard , Golgari Guildgate , Jungle Hollow , Golgari Rot Farm . Elves of Deep Shadow is very helpful since can make black mana. Deathrite Shaman if playing multiplayer since can exile lands from opponents graveyards.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Vorrac Battlehorns is to allow lethal damage through against a wide board. If you have a better idea on how to get damage through, lemme know.
3 months ago
Hey there! Here are some nice card options that might be useful to you.
Ramp Burgeoning , Exploration , Emerald Medallion , Bear Umbra , Golgari Signet , Sol Ring , Cryptolith Rite , Extraplanar Lens , Mana Reflection / Nyxbloom Ancient (both produce infinite mana with Basalt Monolith ), Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Utopia Sprawl , Wild Growth
With Lathril (Because of token creation) Stoneforge Masterwork (make Lathril huge), Collective Unconscious (draw a ton), Second Harvest (double all your tokens), Shamanic Revelation , Skullclamp (attach to a token to kill it and draw two cards for basically one mana), Epic Struggle , Triumph of the Hordes , Coat of Arms , Leyline of Abundance
Infinite Sword of the Paruns , Umbral Mantle , and Staff of Domination go infinite with anything that can produce enough mana to tap and untap itself such as Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Karametra's Acolyte , etc some of which you already have
4 months ago
on Power nap
4 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
5 months ago
but you're not actually reaching 50 mana. show me the "exact" line of play that nets you 50 mana. because the line of play you mentioned doesn't even come close, despite sounding like a best case scenario. even if you played a land drop on turn 4, you'd have 4 devotion, meaning your lands could tap for 5 mana (since you need 2 of them to activate nykthos) then you'd have 4 from archdruid, and 3 from heritage druid. so thats 12 mana. where does the other 38 come from?
i don't think Elvish Champion has ever been $20. i actually just looked at the cards price history for a couple different versions of it, and it basically topped at $10.
the shaman is actually not comparable to nykthos for the reasons you stated. a swamp might not get you a turn 1 dork, but thats a poor argument grasping at straws. you'd have fetch lands and dual lands like Verdant Catacombs and Overgrown Tomb, and possibly Llanowar Wastes or the GB pathway (darkbore pathway) from kaldheim. you wouldn't just have forests and swamps. plus it can still come down turn 2. if the cost of the dual lands is too much, then it makes sense to not include shaman. but saying "a swamp doesn't get me a turn 1 dork" isn't quite a valid reason in my opinion. you'd likely only have a single basic swamp in the deck anyway, simply in case someone casts Path to Exile or Assassin's Trophy.
Beast Whisperer and Primal Surge should be cut. there are better creatures to spend 4 mana on, and you'll probably just have an empty hand by the time you draw him if elves did their job to begin with. by the time you have the board presence required to pump out 10 mana for surge, you have the board presence to likely just attack and win. it's a "win more" card in elves.