|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Permanents you control gain hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
Heroic Intervention Discussion
1 day ago
If you're on the look out for more control-y includes cards from the Fiend Hunter family (o-rings on sticks,) are almost always big butts in the 1/3 range, Gaddock Teeg , is a nice include but you'd need to switch up your sig to include him: so far I've found that dealing twenty consistently with this type of deck is relatively easy and Triumph of the Hordes is a bit of overkill that's likely get you hated out so switching to something else for the Teeg include (which shuts off almost every other deck at the table, since planeswalkers are more often than not cmc 4+) might be worth considering its.
Champion of Lambholt is nice evasion since you strategy is to puke creatures on the board. Semi-asymetric boardwipes like Dusk//Dawn and Wave of Reckoning are also really good, but remember that if you play Teeg, they nonbo; Magus of the Disk is a 2/4 board wipe on theme that Teeg doesn't turn off though.
Rhox Faithmender is the reason my record life total with the deck is 120 (three activations of Huatli for 11 doubled is 88 life plus starting life total and a net twelve life from somewhere).
Mirage Mirror is a second copy of anything in your or your opponents decks.
and lastly, Joven's Ferrets is a meme.
3 days ago
Well with your colors you can run some of the give your permanent indestructible instant speed cards like Boros Charm and Heroic Intervention maybe even some flicker away stuff like Eerie Interlude would be something.
For ramp and this is also just one of my guilty pleasure pet cards I would include Golden Guardian Flip since he flips into a land that produces mana of any color or if you have the mana available and you aren’t using it you can make a 4/4 golem.
Coalition Relic would probably be a good rock for the deck since it makes mana of any color and can even make 2 of separate colors if you ever find yourself not using it for a turn. Another rock that would be useful is Everflowing Chalice since you can put however much mana you want into it to make it tap for that much or put more charge counters on it.
I love to put Lux Cannon into any deck with unwinding clock since then it becomes a really powerful piece of removal.
A card that is really good for charge counters is Energy Chamber since at your upkeep you either put a +1/+1 counter on an artifact creature or a charge counter on an artifact.
Steel Overseer May also be useful for the deck to slowly make all of your golems into bigger threats.
4 days ago
A few others but depends on you, and your meta! :)
- Thought Vessel , when your commander it's out, do you need an infinite hand?...
- Elixir of Immortality , good against graveyard hate, but do you really feel like your meta had that?, even if they do, will you use only 1 card to ger arround that?
- Executioner's Capsule yeah you can put it into the battlefield again... but isn't better a Nevinyrral's Disk instead? (just blow everything up and then rebuild with Muldrotha, the Gravetide , also you can answer with something like an Heroic Intervention
- Dimir Aqueduct Darkwater Catacombs i feel like 36 lands it's my sweet spot with a few dorks/rocks, but since you can ramp be more efficient with your taplands, you can always could search for the mana base in http:www.mtglands.com
- Carrion Feeder even as a sac outlet it's horrible xD
- Glen Elendra Archmage it's amazing, but i don't feel like it's gonna make a big difference there's much better options in the 4cmc
- Phyrexian Delver consider a better Phyrexian... Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Fellwar Stone it's a great rock... but Sol Ring it's about to get Banned because a reason...
1 week ago
Esbilon is right, 19 lands is not enough, especially with the curve you have. The only time I would play 19 lands is with Burn or Infect. I'd suggest 21 lands. Splashing green might be an interesting prospect. you get access to mana dorks to help with your curve, Birds of Paradise or Noble Hierarch would be best but Avacyn's Pilgrim is a good budget option. You would also be able to play Tireless Tracker for would help you with card draw and Collected Company to get your humans out. Harmonize , Dromoka's Command , and Hardened Scales all work pretty well with humans. And Heroic Intervention and Blossoming Defense give you protection. You would also get access to Sigarda, Host of Herons and Sigarda, Heron's Grace if you need a way to protect against control.
1 week ago
Hey there, You might be interested to add The new Evolution Sage . I would also look for some additional protection like Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots and maybe Heroic Intervention as atraxa is a removalmagnet. Cards to cut:
Sylvan Reclamation it is too expensive and there a many better option for artifact/enchantment removal
Ichor Rats would be ok if you were more dedicated into infect but like this it's too slow with proliferate alone
Orzhov Advokist The protection sounds better then it is, people just pump their creatures till they are confident enough to attack and most casual decks are midrange either way so they take the Bonus 1-2 turns gladly
1 week ago
The deck obviously needs it's mana-ramp. That said, I don't think it matters how you ramp. Each method has pros/cons that can exploited/relegated. I'm not arguing for or against any ramp system, only stating viability and pros/cons.
But to answer your question, a full set of Overgrown Battlement is a sufficient number of defenders to make them well worth including, if so inclined. After all, most mana dorks only tap for 1 mana. Having a 0/4 that taps for at least one mana and up to 4 isn't shabby. In this deck, Sylvan Caryatid is probably better because it mana-fixes in addition to ramping. It's also more expensive. With Dragon Egg , you could swap all your other dorks for defenders. Or not. Up to you. Defenders pros: massive ramp very possible, some toughness for blocking | Cons: can't block when tapped for mana, can't swing, still die to deathtouch, medium/large creatures, removal etc, higher CMCs
If Utopia Sprawl is too expensive, Fertile Ground is an option. Pros to enchantment ramp: rarely removed, combos well with Arbor Elf | Cons: no body, risk of making a land a target for removal, CMC/speed
I've tried multiple times to build a Dragon tribal, but I've never managed to get something that "checked enough boxes." The two combos I like best with Dragons: Dragonmaster Outcast + Harvest Season and Savage Ventmaw + Hellkite Charger .
There's discord in Modern, it seems, as to whether a fast enough deck needs disruption or if it can play threats fast enough to essentially ignore whatever opponents are doing. Your deck here is going for the latter, but I don't have confidence in it's speed. Therefore, I wonder if utility staples like Vines of Vastwood , Blossoming Defense , and Heroic Intervention for deflection and surprising swings as well as Beast Within and Lightning Bolt for spot-removal might be worth considering.
1 week ago
Hey ! Guess who's there !? So 37 Lands is a lot, I think you can go down to 36, maybe even 35 since you have a nice ramp plan and your commander can help you ramp by casting spells and playing land from the graveyard. Lazotep plating is ok but if you really want a powerful protection you can play Heroic Intervention . You could also switch Cancel (which is the worst counterspell) for a nice Disallow , sinister sabotage is also kind of bad, even with the surveil bonus. You may want to include Acidic Slime for the nice ETB and maybe a Lazav, the Multifarious to use the creature you can't cast from your graveyard when your commander isn't on the battlefield. Also you seem to have a nice Zombie theme so you MUST put a grave titan in this deck, it's just to good.
1 week ago
First off, we would recommend that you main-board the following cards from your maybe-board:
- Eternal Witness ; too good not to have in any deck featuring green because it has so many uses.
- Heroic Intervention ; because board-wipes are a pain when your strategy depends on winning through creature attacks.
- Full Moon's Rise ; for the same reason as we would include Heroic Intervention .
- Decimate ; because it's amazing value for its mana cost and should be a staple in any Gruul deck.
- Tempt with Discovery ; has the potential to give you a big mana advantage over other players.
Then there are some other cards we would include:
- Burgeoning / Exploration ; because playing more lands per turn, especially in the starting phases of a game, is often key to victory.
- Hull Breach ; because like Decimate , it's excellent value.
- Rythm of the Wild ; allows you to cast your werewolves with impunity and gives them bonuses to boot when you do.
We are not entirely sure what we recommend you should remove in order to make room for some of this. Ruric Thar and Mana Barbs come to mind as these seem to hurt you almost as much as your opposition. We're not sure about including Coat of Arms either, as many opponents will benefit from this card too.
Anyways, let us know what you think and good luck with your build. We think this is a promising start.
Mrs and Mr NV_1980
Heroic Intervention occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
G/U (Simic): 0.57%
GW (Selesnya): 1.0%