, : Gain .
|Have (2)||winterwind10 , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||OmegaTitan , HoosCrazy , atsmith03|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gruul Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
RG (Gruul): 1.41%
Gruul Signet Discussion
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I made a list that you can find here. If you change categories from "Type" to "Custom" I have each one labeled. There's a description with it, but below I'll include my recommendations. Let me know what you think.
Dig Through Time, Expansion / Explosion, Fellwar Stone, Fury Storm, Growth Spiral, Gruul Charm, Gruul Signet, Izzet Charm, Izzet Signet, Mana Geyser, Manamorphose, Mystic Retrieval, Past in Flames, Pull from Tomorrow, Ral, Storm Conduit, Reiterate, Repeated Reverberation, Reverberate, Seething Song, Shreds of Sanity, Simic Charm, Simic Signet, Snap, Stroke of Genius, Survivors' Encampment, Talisman of Creativity, Talisman of Curiosity, Talisman of Impulse, Treasure Cruise, Turnabout, Twincast, Underworld Breach, Utopia Sprawl, Wild Growth, Windfall
1 month ago
Given the companion rule change announced today, I made some initial changes to the ramp package to open up the 3 CMC spot more reliably.
1 month ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
1 month ago
Only things I'd add are a few ways to make Gishath unblockable, some cheap mana fixing artifacts like the signets and talismans, and more card draw.
Unblockable: Whispersilk Cloak and Rogue's Passage Mana: Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Impulse and Talisman of Unity Card Draw: Return of the Wildspeaker, Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Mask of Memory. Maybe even more draw than that because big creature strategies are really susceptible to boardwipes and will have a hard time recovering
Maybe True Conviction too for Double Strike and Lifelink
Also Etali, Primal Storm if he can fit in the budget because free-casting your dinosaurs and other peoples stuff is nice
2 months ago
It looks to me, from a quick count, that you're running around 18 tutors, counting your creatures that tutor. That could clear the path for 9 draw spells and 9 ramp spells, balancing you out pretty good.
Sol Ring is a staple in most EDH decks, but honestly, it won't help you ramp into your commander very well. Other two-drop rocks or two-drop land ramp spells would be ideal. Moving into the two-drop land ramp spells will push you more into green, however, and I don't know how that will affect your deck. If you're looking to keep the same mana base, two-drop rocks would be the answer.
Two-Drop (or less) Rocks:
- Arcane Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Talisman of Conviction
- Talisman of Impulse
- Talisman of Unity
- Talisman of Resilience
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Sol Ring
I'm not sure how important the Commander is for this deck, or if it's just a placeholder for colors. If that's the case, you could probably look to more three and up CMC rocks, but ideally, keeping it around two is going to be more efficient for you deck.
Now, if Saskia is merely a placeholder for colors, you could look into some of the Partner options in these colors, one of which would allow you to run Tymna the Weaver, which adds a card draw spell to your command zone. If you have card draw available in the command zone, then you can more easily get away with running fewer draw spells in your deck, because you'll always have access to it. With this in mind, you have some options to look at. You don't run a high creature count, so getting creature damage early could be a challenge, and thus prevent you from refilling your hand. But, it's an option worth considering. I do see the combat benefits that Saskia does offer you for this deck, and understand if keeping her as the Commander is your preference.
I hope this presents some options for you to consider.
2 months ago
Hey, looks like a cool build! just at a quick glace id recommend swapping out a few ramp cards
hope this helps =)
3 months ago
i would replace Fellwar Stone with your 6th signet Gruul Signet and take out Sakura-Tribe Elder since it's literally your only non-wurm. plus you can run every green ramp spell instead. also not sure about all your populate stuff you only have 7 things that make tokens