|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Mythic Rare|
|Worldwake (WWK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Avenger of Zendikar
Creature — Elemental
When Avenger of Zendikar enters the battlefield, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token for each land you control.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control.
|Have (2)||Forkbeard , ZeBear|
|Want (10)||Tomagotchi , zero_blue , Mr , Douzeman , tonebone_ , xaix123 , kingofheights , Kagu11 , MountainProphet , Sorensking|
Avenger of Zendikar Discussion
16 hours ago
Oh geez...I just realized how great Finale of Devastation is with an army-in-a-can type creature like Avenger of Zendikar . Definitely will be picking one up for my Lord Windgrace deck as a another finisher.
1 day ago
Asceticism - Avacyn's Pilgrim - Avenger of Zendikar - Bred for the Hunt - Commander's Sphere - Darksteel Ingot - Duplicant - Ezuri, Claw of Progress - Ixidron - Linvala, Keeper of Silence - Merciless Eviction - Mulldrifter - Rite of Consumption - Servant of the Scale - Skyshroud Claim - Toxic Deluge - Triumph of the Hordes
2 days ago
How does one Hideaway a Divine Visitation and bring out Avenger of Zendikar with 7 lands -- making 7 0/1 Plant tokens, and then realize one had enough Power on the board to play the 1G cost to have put the Divine Visitation out BEFORE creating the tokens? And yes, my Cathars' Crusade was on the Battlefield. One of a few missed plays/triggers this past game night. Came in 2nd out of 4 -- should have had this one. Dammit! :-)
1 week ago
With the new proliferate cards in war of the spark you can ramp up your commander quickly. Evolution Sage with Azusa, Lost but Seeking could function really well. I have a more in depth land recursion in my Sidisi's Milkshake that uses Avenger of Zendikar as a win con.
1 week ago
My Sidisi build was janky until I invested in playing lands from the graveyard. Crucible of Worlds , Azusa, Lost but Seeking , Exploration , Ramunap Excavator and Wasteland it smoothed my game and made Avenger of Zendikar a wincon. Sidisi's Milkshake
2 weeks ago
Hi, nice deck! By the way, not to be mean or anything, but this seems grabbed straight out from EDHREC, but you can easily fix it up. I enforce the comment from ZendikariWol (he helped me out with They See Me Diggin', They Hatin', my meren deck, sometime ago), in that you need to cut those things which don't really help you winning, but instead make you just "win more". I would consider trying to run more creatures, as you can recycle them any time you need them for their effects. Apart from the cards you already got suggested to add, which I suggest too, I'd also consider:
- Ashnod's Altar is a really explosive must include card. Free sac outlet.
- Skullwinder is super strong. can be used oplitically, but more importantly lets you buy back those noncreature cards that happen to have hit your graveyard. Plus, it's a 1/3 deathtouch.
- Nyx Weaver is the same as the above, but can only be used once. But if it rebuys you the spell that makes you win the game, it suddenly becomes so powerful...
- Mind Slash is a cool sac outlet, that lets you get rid of those spells you don't like, and slow your opponents down.
- Avenger of Zendikar as it floods the board and gives you sacrifice targets. It also can pump up those token, but that's far less likely to happen. Still really solid.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a cool token generator if you ahve access to free sacrifice outlets, but it's a bit slow.
- Harvester of Souls draws lots of cards. The potential of decking yourself is not that much of a problem, considering that you may draw a card, but are not obliged to.
- From Beyond is a cool little token/mana generator, that can tutor up Smothering Abomination .
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is both a sac outlet, card draw and token generator. Must have.
- Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede both make up for very powerful win conditions with all of the aforementioned token generation.
- Woodfall Primus has recently gone down in price and it's a nice piece of removal that can be used twice if a sac outlet is provided.
- Primal Druid is a cool dude that can chump-block and will ramp you like crazy if you start chain reanimating it. It's a worse Viridian Emissary , which is again a worse Dave .
2 weeks ago
Have you considered the inclusion of Temur Sabertooth and possibly Erratic Portal ? What could be more fun than playing Avenger of Zendikar with 10 lands on the battlefield? Bouncing him with the Sabertooth, and doing it again. Multani is also a high CMC Commander, and bouncing (him, her, it?) with the Sabertooth in response to removal can save you some mana when recasting. You're playing lots of utility creatures, and being able to protect them via bounce can't be overstated. Survival of the Fittest is a great card, but does it really fit what you want to do with this deck? Also, Groundskeeper can get some land back out of the graveyard, too.
I like the deck! Looking good!
Avenger of Zendikar occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.11%
GW (Selesnya): 0.97%
RG (Gruul): 1.35%
G/U (Simic): 0.7%
BRG (Jund): 2.12%