Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
You may play an additional land this turn.
Draw a card.
1 week ago
Dumping some ideas and hoping something works: Rancor's always an option, if you have some on hand. Sporemound can go wide. Groundskeeper is a reusable recursion effect, and Grim Discovery hits most of your key cards. Explore and Arboreal Grazer effects could be your best ramp, since it seems like the deck puts lands into your hand pretty reliably. Murasa Behemoth is more beef, but is also pretty high mana cost.
1 month ago
So firstly. I like the graveyard land style, but I would recommend going more for a Landfall style deck. Usually that isn't B/G but there are some interesting opportunities. Firstly I would recommend Khalni Heart Expedition. very good for landfall. Also Adventuring Gear gives a lot of good heavy hitting power especially with multiple lands a turn. and its colorless which fits multicolor well. Also this is a bit more crazy but you have a lot of land searching with Terramorphic Expanse etc. so maybe a little bit of other colors? Red would be pretty good for Akoum Hellhound or Plated Geopede and Manamorphose. Also I'm not sure Crypt Rats is Ideal here without it being more of a black devotion deck. And I'm not fully sure what Generous Ent really does for you? maybe try Sporemound Also I think Reclaim the Wastes or even Explore over Yavimaya Elder simply out of mana value. I think the land graveyard game just doesn't have super strong support in pauper, but I am interested to see what you can do with it.
1 month ago
Thank you for your comment and suggestions mtgplayer903, I've got an explanation for a few of my choices here:
- Birds of Paradise over Ornithopter of Paradise is purely a preference of mine. I adore BoP and it finds its way into all multi-colour decks that I make. OoP is a great choice too and budget friendly, but I went with the birds this time round.
- Eternal Witness is just a much better card than Skullwinder if I don't have to give my opponent the recursion but can get it myself with E-Wit then it's a no brainer for me personally.
- Riftsweeper is in the deck to retrieve Maze's End for me. I have had people blow up Maze's End a few times on me and then Bojuka Bog my graveyard, so I needed a way to make sure I could get it back from exile. Admittedly, Rift does need some support from tutors to make it properly effective at this.
- Nature's Claim vs Assassin's Trophy is a great suggestion. I'm not sure I have an A'sT to hand, but I will check and update that.
- Vindicate is in over Beast Within because I already run Generous Gift and I find that I don't really like giving my opponents a 3/3 beater to come back at me with. The sorc speed hasn't really bothered me yet, but maybe BW will come back eventually after more playtesting.
- Explore is dirt cheap and Exploration is a little pricey. I know it just got a reprint and I am hoping to get one soon, once I do it will be back in the list. I do use Exploration on MTGO though.
- Tolaria West is a great tutor for Maze's End, Maze of Ith and Reliquary Tower depending on what I need from it. I find that a card like Ash Barrens is nice, but I don't think it's quite right for my list as it stands.
- Gatecreeper Vine is out of the list now and Open the Gates is just a neat lil gate tutor so it'll stay in as the Gates theme is key to what I like about this deck.
2 months ago
I actually like only running 3 grazers. It’s a great card, but drawing into it always feels bad, and I’d much prefer something like Explore. I only regret trimming it against the other monkey.
Initially, I swapped it for an Elvish Reclaimer because he’s super versatile and does almost the same thing. As long as my extra land cards remain at a high enough total, it is all a matter of preference and/or meta calls, since they all have their respective pros and cons.
I’ve actually come to really like Phyrexian Metamorph in here, although that was definitely my 5th choice. It is so good in the scam matchup, being castable through Blood Moon and able to clear a Fury while becoming its own threat. It is also great against Archon of Cruelty which can be another issue for the deck.
Even against decks without those trouble cards, it allows for some nice tempo plays as an early threat alongside Tireless Tracker when we switch up our gameplan.
3 months ago
I play-tested your deck a dozen times, to see how it flows. The most important finding of these tests, was the fact that in 80% of the cases, I couldn't cast any useful spells until turn 4. For Simic, this is a bit slow. You can fix this by adding some more cheap ramp: examples would include Three Visits, Growth Spiral, Explore and maybe some more mana dorks like Birds of Paradise, Fyndhorn Elves, Llanowar Elves, etc. Maybe some more cheap draw options can help out too, like Ponder, Preordain, Mystic Remora, etc.
5 months ago
I think the amount of artifacts in here could be an advantage for some affinity spells like Thought Monitor or Myr Enforcer, alternatively you could do something Ensoul Artifact or Tezzeret's Touch. Something akin with ramp would be good too due to the land usage, or a landfall creature would have good use here, I think Lotus Cobra might help you out. Explore, Rampant Growth, Growth Spiral, and Manamorphose could help you with early game mana usage/land playing.
5 months ago
6 months ago
My search led me to an interesting path involving Devoted Druid + Luxior, Giada's Gift, which realistically has no place in the deck. However, I could see it potentially working out, strangely enough.
Devoted Druid could be used as a way to "store" 2 mana for a turn, to enable us to get to 6, and Luxior, Giada's Gift (pretty useless on its own) being findable by our 4 Urza's Saga and producing infinite mana with the cheeky combo, is definitely a way to get to cast the big things.
Is it worth it? Probably not. Is it interesting enough to mention, for sure!
Realistically, the best option I can think of right now is a singleton Elvish Reclaimer as he really does enable a lot (has gone in and out of the deck a few times). You can even pact for him without enough mana and some amulets to pay for the pact and find the land you need. Not the strongest card in the shell, but also not terrible. But is he better than an Explore? Hard to tell.