You may play an additional land this turn.
Draw a card.
|Want (3)||Anikami , spencesteck , EKTurduckin|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (E01)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Explore occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
1 week ago
I love you and your great. this deck is a modern-day masterpiece.
1 month ago
1 month ago
For myself and others, how to optimally pilot the deck
Philosophy behind the deck, ideally should be played with 2+ other players.
You are a hard to kill end game boss, blue is boring busted and broken and is also expensive. Try to go for cards that will keep your hand healthy since we are not running blue so think how much you can squeeze out of one card for maximum value.
while Triskelion will want cards like Defense of the Heart , Tooth and Nail with the added 2 colorless for entwine (if it's already in hand just pick a different creature and still summon the creatures you want in hand.)
Shifting Shadow will still work even if you are trying to destroy an indestructible creature during upkeep reveal the next creature while still keeping the previous one. Can be easily retrieved if no graveyard hate.
Sun Titan can even get a land into play
Chromatic Lantern can negate damage lands and lands with downside and can make useless lands useful.
Birthing Pod you can sacrifice zero cmc token creatures for a one drop ect.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hmmm, I think I could help you out a bit on lands. First, consider removing Polluted Delta and switch in Misty Rainforest. I understand Polluted Delta could still search for islands, but nonetheless Misty Rainforest's colors still make more sense. I would then consider adding some of the following:
- Fabled Passage
- Prismatic Vista
- Temple of Mystery
- Waterlogged Grove
- Ancient Tomb
- Tropical Island
- Mana Confluence
As for other mana giving cards, (or other) I would consider adding some of the following:
- Sylvan Library
- Rhystic Study
- Arcane Signet
- Birds of Paradise
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds [This could be especially helpful, because once you have Arix out, she can tap for 12 mana for the cost of 1, very helpful!
- Sapphire Medallion
- Emerald Medallion
I am short on time, so though there are many more, this is all I could give. Maybe do some research on your own, I would recommend checking EDHREC, and type in your commander to see good suggestions. Either way, hope this was helpful! If it was, PLEASE consider upvoting my deck: Double Trouble EDH! Thanks, good luck, and have a nice day!
2 months ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
2 months ago
: I really like Dryad of the Ilysian Grove though I do believe there will be times where Prismatic Omen is just better. The appeal to Dryad is that extra land-drop, fixing the big problem with omen, namely that it slows down your ramping if you choose to play it.
The one thing I will say about Dryad though is that it really screams for you to build around it, rather than simply put it into the flex slot (not to say it can't go there and I plan on trying that). If you are playing Dryad in a deck like titanshift I am more interested in playing with effects that abuse extra land drops. That would mean also playing 4 Once Upon a Time , 4 Arboreal Grazer , 4 Explore , and maybe a few Courser of Kruphix . Basically we want to abuse the acceleration this provides with valakut so an ideal play pattern would be something like this:
T1: (ouat if you have it) land + Arboreal Grazer + land (2 lands)
T3: land = 6 lands with Dryad enables Scapeshift getting 4 valakut and two lands = 72 damage on turn 3 or you can just play titan and do 12 presumably if you get valakuts and have none in play.
This is crazy powerful though does require a lot to go right, the above requires 8 cards, meaning you have to draw pretty well, but Once Upon a Time should help to fix any problems. The rest of the deck can be filled with more traditional scapeshift cards, meaning it isn't unrealistic to think that the deck could consistently go off on turn 3, if not likely turn 4. Additionally if one of the extra lands is Castle Garenbrig we don't need the extra ramp spell to make titan turn 3, so in other words the card's potential is sky high. What remains to be seen now is whether it will prove to be consistent enough to see play. In other words, to answer your question, this card has the potential to warp the deck around it, adding even more speed to the deck, or it can become more of a flex slot card, and a very good one at that.
I'll be trying both, just need to pick up a few cards to test out the version described above, but it looks promising.
2 months ago
I think you all make good points... the best case scenario I can from the hip think of is a path to an off-brand/mono green Valakut deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Primeval Titan
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
I dont think that this would be any better or more reliable than already established Titan-Shift though.... but its certainly neat to think about!