|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Centaur Druid
Whenever Centaur Rootcaster deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a basic land card and put that card into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.
Centaur Rootcaster Discussion
3 weeks ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 year ago
Extra land drops are indeed ramp. It's more potent and noticeable in regular 60-card formats but it's ramp nonetheless.
Some more honorable mentions: Renegade Map, Pilgrim's Eye, Mycosynth Wellspring, Skittering Surveyor, Thaumatic Compass Flip (might be real ramp, what with the flipping), Traveler's Amulet, Evolution Charm, Attune with Aether, Caravan Vigil, Lay of the Land, Sylvan Ranger, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Realm Seekers
1 year ago
Cards I'd cut:
Ashling, the Extinguisher - 4 mana with no evasion makes it very unlikely this critter will actually connect with players. I recommend cutting it for a better force-sacrifice effect like Innocent Blood.
Bloodbriar - It's selfish (it only gives itself +1/+1 counters) and it has zero evasion. Not worth it. I recommend Reyhan, Last of the Abzan in its stead; it has the same CMC and lets you move around +1/+1 counters all day.
Deadeye Plunderers - You only have two artifacts in the deck.
Demon of Wailing Agonies - Slow. Especially when your commander has CMC 6.
Gatekeeper of Malakir - BBB cost is really hard to get sometimes in BUG colors.
Glissa, the Traitor - Slow. She's neat and a good blocker but it doesn't matter because you only have two artifacts.
Labyrinth Guardian - This critter adds nothing to your strategy.
Marrow Chomper - Too slow.
Patron of the Nezumi - Not enough rats to make it worth it. Effect is meh.
Phylactery Lich - Same reason as Gatekeeper. Also you only have two artifacts.
Savra, Queen of the Golgari - She does nothing on her own; she needs other things to do her work which isn't good.
Utopia Mycon - Too slow.
I'll add more comments when I get more time to look over the next few categories.
1 year ago
I'm running a similar deck and have a few suggestions of cards that work really well in that deck:
Benefit from having many creatures - Ashnod's Altar - Nullmage Shepherd - Odric, Master Tactician - Hour of Reckoning - Nissa's Expedition - Appeal / Authority - Glare of Subdual (very powerful) - Eldrazi Monument (I know, puts your creatures over 2 power. But if you're flying and indestructible, who cares about details like that) - Cathars' Crusade (same luxury problem as Eldrazi Monument, and same solution)
Generic goodstuff - Path of Ancestry (how are you surviving with so little land in the first place?) - Krosan Verge (if you put in the big dollar land cards, might as well fetch them. plus, it ramps too!)
1 year ago
Thanks PartyJ, for the thumbs up and suggestions.
I Plan on putting in Eternal Witness when I get one.
3 years ago
I went through the rest of the cards in the shoebox and made the following tweaks. With the few cards I have, it looks like I can lead toward elf tribal. I should probably post this as a new deck because it's very much different.
In: Clockwork Steed, Clockwork Swarm, Mobile Fort, Kelsinko Ranger, Nomad Decoy, Witch Hunter, Seasoned Marshal, Ardent Militia, Anger, Wall of Fire, Wall of Diffusion, Centaur Chieftain, Harvester Druid, Werebear, Wall of Ice, Sylvan Hierophant, Llanowar Knight, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Scrapper, Wellwisher, Wirewood Elf, Wirewood Herald, Skyshroud Elf, Fyndhorn Elder, Elvish Pathcutter, Symbiotic Elf, Heedless One
Out: Balduvian Barbarians, Centaur Rootcaster, Dire Wolves, Folk of the Pines, Horned Kavu, Hungry Mist, Ironroot Treefolk, Kavu Climber, Kei Takahashi, Krosan Tusker, Lightning Elemental, Marble Titan, Panther Warriors, Pincher Beetles, Rowan Treefolk, Ruham Djinn, Sawtooth Ogre, Soldevi Golem, Spined Wurm, Treespring Lorian, Viashino Grappler
No data for this card yet.