|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Falte , MrCrazzyc , Vergil_Redgrail , thekingpinBR , TheRealPeaches , VampireArm , ironax , Lucretian , LegendDeer , Mousemke , Kamotz , CastleSiege , bakunet , Clawsun73 , PhyrexianScience , wackozacko , dplerner , Reliva ,|
|Want (5)||zachi , Portwood , brokendwarf , Psycheretic , No1HanSolo|
Krosan Grip Discussion
3 days ago
Not sure how low you mean by budget, but alright... W shall assume you mean under $10/card... With that in mind, here are a few cards I'm running in mine that are in that price range:
Carnage Altar is essentually an additional backoods.Zombie Infestation's a good discard outlet, and produces you some nice tokens for sacrifice.Beacon of Unrest can be a strictly better Rise.Oversold Cemetery is quite nice as well.Krosan Grip can help shut down infinite combos.Pawn of Ulamog and Awakening Zone double as sac fodder AND mana acceleration. To make matters worse for the peasants you wish to torment,they trigger Grave Pact when you use them for mana. =3
Finally, Solemn Simulacrum is an all-around staple in Commander that Meren is espeially fond of. I hope that helps. :)
4 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
5 days ago
Thalia's Lancers can give you a blocker but mainly it can go tutor for whichever PW you want atm, or it can grab Sisay.
1 week ago
You can drop the planeswalkers... don't think they belong.
1 week ago
Love a nice Ezuri deck. One thing I'd definitely add here is some cards to improve the mana base. For instance, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood Taps for green mana but can also tap to put a +1/+1 counter on your green creatures that entered the battlefield this turn. Would do great here making all your elves that much more threatening and it's only like, a dollar.
I'd also try adding some consistent card draw, like Mind's Eye or something like that. Just to make sure you always can draw cards if you want.
Last thing, I'd recommend having more board interaction. Removal, really. Just so you aren't always looking at the Nevinyrral's Disk on the other side of the table, hoping someone else has a Krosan Grip. Krosan Grip is definitely the best choice for that.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
1 week ago
Hey, you asked for my help. This is a very nice budget Elf deck, good job. To make $120 budget be prepared to cut quite a few cards.
To hit a $120 price point consider cutting:
- 2x Eladamri, Lord of Leaves
- 3x Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
- 1x Elvish Champion
- 2x Elvish Harbinger
- 4x Dash Hopes
- 2x Krosan Grip
- 1x Abrupt Decay
Eladamri makes Elves unable to interact with Heritage Druid or Ezuri's regenerate. The combo of Heritage and Nettle Sentinel is one of the strongest Elf combos. Dwynen is the least good Elf lord because she can't interact with Collected Company replace her with more Imperious Perfect. Champion is fine, but cutting him cuts $7. You can replace him with one more Imperious Perfect.
Harbringer is also fine, but pretty slow cutting her cuts $5. Consider cutting Hopes replacing it with 4x Duress or 4x Mesmeric Fiend this will cut $4. The double black casting cost of Hopes is going to be very hard to cast because Elves are only making green mana not black. Only 4x sources of black mana is not enough to consistently cast Hopes when you need it in the early to mid game.
Duress is a better card than Fiend, but Fiend can interact with Company or take a creature either one is disrupting your opponent most importantly taking a potential board wipe. Consider cutting Grip for 2x Reclamation Sage cutting $3. Sage is an Elf and can interact with Company. Cutting 1x Decay from the sideboard cuts $4.
A good Elf core out of these can be:
- 4x Archduid: best lord
- 4x Heritage: best one drop mana dork
- 4x Nettle: combo enabler
- 4x Llanowar: one drop mana dork
- 4x Elite: enables explosive turns with Heritage
- 4x Shaman: win condition
Adding to this core are the supporting Elves:
- 3x Mystic
- 3x Perfect
- 3x Visionary
- 1x Ezuri
Other changes to consider:
- Adding 4x Llanowar Wastes
- Adding 1x Essence Warden
- Adding 1x Duskwatch Recruiter Flip
- Adding 1x Phyrexian Revoker
Consider adding 4x Llanowar Wastes in place of 4x Forest? Wastes is a budget Golgari dual land that ETB untapped 4x more black sources will help. Essence Warden, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip and Phyrexian Revoker could replace Nature's Claim, Seal of Primordium and 1x cut Decay in the sideboard. These creatures can interact with Company and all do something that you want in some matchups. Warden is an Elf and can gain a lot of life. Duskwatch can be a good draw engine finding Elves with all the green mana they can create. Revoker can deny the use of a Planeswalker or any other activated ability of a card.
After considering my suggestions:
- 4x Archduid
- 4x Heritage
- 4x Nettle
- 4x Llanowar
- 4x Elite
- 4x Shaman
- 3x Mystic
- 3x Perfect
- 3x Visionary
- 1x Ezuri
- 3x Company
- 2x Harmonize
- 11x Forest
- 4x Hollow
- 4x Wastes
- 2x Quarter
- 4x Duress or Fiend
- 2x Within
- 2x Decay
- 2x Price
- 2x Sage
- 1x Warden
- 1x Duskwatch
- 1x Revoker
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Deconstruct seems to be a little too nitch for me. I usually prefer cards like Beast Within or Krosan Grip, which you are running. Or you could cut a land, 40 is a bit high, especially for a duel colored deck that runs green. Lastly, why aren't you running Drownyard Temple? It can reoccur itself at instant speed.
2 weeks ago
Love the deck! Noticed you don't run any artifact or enchantment removal. There are a lot of artifacts and enchantments that can really mess up your game plan. And running 5 colors you should be running a couple. I recommend Krosan Grip, Return to Dust, and Sylvan Reclamation.