|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Krosan Grip Discussion
21 hours ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
Panas on Chemo Ramp
1 day ago
Alright! I gave the deck a quick look and it looks relatively good overall. I understand you are not in a very competitive meta (or at least, not a very cutthroat one at that) and that budget is a concern albeit not a very crazy one.
I see enough card draw and cards that replace themselves. I also liked that you built the deck accordingly, avoiding enchantment and artifact inclusions to fit the theme of blowing all of them up.
With that said we reach the greatest flaw in the deck. Without any strong, early ramp and so many high costed cards doing what you want, your deck is left slow and clunky and will often durdle and fold to early advantage gained by other people through the same things you hate. Breaking a Sylvan Library on turn 5 means that opponent already has gained all the value in the world out of it and probably doesn't care too much that it's being destroyed.
A second point I want to make is that although you do have a lot of big mana plays, a LOT of them are inefficient considering the resource investment into them (mana cost Vs effect + P/T). Here's a list of which ones I didn't like too much and the reasoning behind it:
- Avatar of Might is a vanilla trampler in your deck. Unless you are facing against a fast aggro deck or token generator, you are the one playing the creature deck so I wouldn't expect to cast it on the cheap side often.
- Deus of Calamity is an awesome card but it needs the proper enablers (double strike/constant buffs) for it to work as intended and even then it's a "win more" card. In effect it does a hell of a lot under certain conditions, but those are hard to come by and when you are behind you'd prefer playing something else.
- Domesticated Hydra a very high investment just to get a trampler. Evasion is good but when you compare these kind of cards with enablers like Thunderfoot Baloth and Siege Behemoth they are very lackluster.
- Havenwood Wurm: 7 mana for a 5/6 trampler? You can do a lot better than this. The instant speed doesn't warrant this investment as it is essentially asking you to skip your turn to play this.
- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero would be a lot better in a shell where mass trample and Overrun effects ran rampant. This is not the case so quite often he will be giving you an extra 2-4 damage on swing. He's not that bad though.
- Blunt the Assault is a heavy costed fog effect. If life gaining is that important, running Shamanic Revelation is better. If the fog is really needed then just run Fog or Lull or Respite or Winds of Qal Sisma.
- Devil's Play is a very flavourful card and I do like it, but I think it's a bit small for commander. Fall of the Titans or even better Comet Storm do a much better job at finishing people.
- Scrabbling Claws is not good enough for graveyard hate. There exist much better alternatives (i.e. Relic of Progenitus)!
And here are my suggestions for you, including some notable omissions. Some have already been mentioned by others.
- Acidic Slime
- Mold Shambler
- Reclamation Sage!
- Sakura-Tribe Elder!
- Wood Elves!
- Farhaven Elf!
- Woodfall Primus!
- Chaos Warp!
- Krosan Grip!
- Ancient Grudge
- Comet Storm
- Hull Breach
- Skyshroud Claim!
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Beast Within!
- Xenagos, God of Revels
I would choose a number of these as replacements prefering their versatility, efficiency and power.
Those are my thoughts. :)
ps: since tappedout doesn't let me mark my most suggestions through the checkboxes for some reason, i'll put an exclamation mark next to them...
1 day ago
Also, to take advantage of the mana boost from Rhada Heir to Keld when she attacks, Chaos Warp, Beast Within, and Krosan Grip for sure and maybe even Smash to Smithereens if your meta really is flooded with artifacts.
1 week ago
Ouais tu pars sur un gros Bant Good stuff. Par contre je suis etonne de certaines cartes (Batterskullet des trucs genre Flooded Grove) vu leur prix :D maintenant si t'es chaud de mettre 1000 boules c'est tout a ton honneur!
Je sais pas si tu preferes garder juste des bonnes cartes UWG ou partir en Tribal Human/Knight ou encore pousser plus le theme exalte? Tribal + exalte ne sont pas incompatibles non plus ;)
Et... Path to Exile? :)
1 week ago
@Ragglesnatch So far I haven't had a too much trouble taking care of graveyard hate. I feel that I have tuned the deck well against most generalized threats. Sure, a Bojuka Bog can be annoying but I can recover with alternate win cons and if that game has gone on long enough to where I cannot than that's most likely due to poor piloting on my part. Did you have a critique you wanted to offer with your comment?
Krosan Grip is slow and clunky compared to Nature's Claim so it's rarely seen when I play. An opponent could target Pattern of Rebirth but I wouldn't be playing it without an infinite sac engine already out so I would be able to sac the creature in response to start my combo anyway. Other options I see are Altar of Dementia which isn't my primary infinite sac to grab or mana rocks but 2G is a hefty price to play for a mana rock.
1 week ago
I had Uril for a bit so I'm familiar with the theme. Here are some suggestions:
Hate: Rest in Peace
One of the biggest issues that I found was dodging something like Merciless Eviction. Flickerform is really the only thing that does it. One other option is having Greater Good so at least you will benefit before your stuff dies.
A strange card that I found to do good in Uril was Mark of Fury. It gives you the haste you want and lets you replay it each turn to net a card if you have something like Argothian Enchantress in play.
1 week ago
@HaunterHunter - Let's talk.
The double mana granted from Zendikar Resurgent would be great... if I had the double mana to cast itself. At a whopping seven mana, I really don't need my lands to tap for double. There are also better sources of card draw. It's win-more, so that's a no.
Forgotten Ancient is actually just a sponge for hate... It came with the pre-constructed deck, but I took it out because it would instantly be targeted, never reaching its potential.
the problem with Plaxcaster Frogling is that it gives shroud. That means that, if one of my creatures is targeted in my first main phase and I use pay the 2 to grant shroud, that creature can not be targeted by Ezuri this turn. It's a weakness that could be exploited by my opponents, and I can't have that. It's the same reason I won't include Kira, Great Glass-Spinner.
Bane of Progress hits the board as a 2/2, so it would trigger Ezuri. However, I cannot run this. There are too many artifacts that I use and would rather not have destroyed. Also, it doesn't do anything with the counters. The trained eye will see that most of my creatures don't just have counters. They do something with them.
I think you may have misused the term "better". In Magic, saying something is better (implying that it is strictly better) means that it is in every way superior. That cannot be said with Krosan Grip and Nature's Claim. Split second is a nice ability to have, but you know what else is nice? Leaving one mana open as I pass the turn, then surprising my opponent with removal on his turn. Krosan grip came with the pre-con, and I replaced it for a reason.
Verdant Confluence is good, but 6 mana is demanding.
Loaming Shaman is amazing, actually. It has won many games for me. Does it trigger Ezuri? no, and I wish it did. But getting my entire graveyard back is nothing to sneeze at. Contrary to your comment, he is honestly great, and that's why he's in.
I wouldn't say that Walking Ballista is better than Triskelion. Lets say you pay 6 for ballista; the same cost as triskelion. It would come in with the same number of counters, but with 1 less power and 1 less toughness. Also, I can remove all counters from triskelion and have it survive; the same cannot be said for ballista. It does have the ability to scale, which is handy. It's a good card, to be sure, and maybe even one I would include. But, again, I disagree with your assessment of "better".
Don't fool yourself: Mwonvuli Beast Tracker (I can't even tell you how many times I spelled that incorrectly) is not Worldly Tutor. It's on a stick, so i'll excuse the higher mana cost. However, it cannot search for creatures such as Sage of Hours, Fathom Mage, Triskelion, Wild Beastmaster, Champion of Lambholt... the list continues. Never underestimate versatility and flexibility in Commander, my good man.
Thanks for your thoughts!
1 week ago
Some other good cards to consider:
Zendikar Resurgent Double mana + draw power from creatures win-win
Forgotten Ancient is a non-trample managorger that can give Ezuri counters since he cant give counters to himself.
Plaxcaster Frogling Although it doesn't trigger Ezuri it can graft and give shroud to your creatures for only 2
Spawnwrithe is a trample-ing ezrui trigger that replicates itself. first you get two, then you have four, eight and so on. If its not hated out it can very easily continue to double itself. And each time it doubles, it triggers Ezuri.
Bane of Progress is a artifact/enchantment board wipe. It is a 2/2 but im not sure if it comes in with the +1 counters from the destroyed artifacts and enchants.
Krosan Grip is a must have removal, it's honestly better than nature's claim due to its split second. although it does cost 2 more mana
Verdant Confluence is a jack of all trades that does it quite well. Want ramp? here's three lands. Want counters? here's six counters. want your graveyard back? Heres three cards. Plus you can combo it with Skullwinder and Eternal Witness.
Try to avoid basically all 3 and higher toughness creatures unless they can add more counters to ezuri. Loaming Shaman is honestly not good enough to be put in.
There's also a new card in aether revolt that does what Triskelion does but its cheaper and better. You might want to wait for it to cycle out of standard before buying it because its at or around 15 dollars right now. Walking Ballista. Plus it can trigger Ezuri, unlike Triskelion
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker is a worldly tutor that triggers ezuri. You will most likely use it for Kalonian Hydra, but there are many other trample creatures you could add(some of which I mentioned above). You could also put in Hornet Queen which can also be searched for. Managorger Hydra, Invisible Stalker and Acidic Slime are all good options. Plus they all do what is the most important, Trigger Ezuri.