|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Krosan Grip Discussion
5 days ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 week ago
Hey _Delta_ I haven't been keeping track of the latest spoilers from the upcoming Return to Return to Ravinca but that Assassin's Trophy is definitely worth picking up a playset of. I hope this card gets the royal treatment, and gets printed in nice Promo foil. I do see the card's price dropping in the future as it's currently running for about $30-ish bucks on ebay for preorder. Currently I'm still weighing the pros and cons between it and Beast Within. What's more useless to an opponent? A 3/3 beast or an untapped basic?
Brylon on Shalai EDH
2 weeks ago
shalai edh update number 2:
out :: 21
Azusa, Lost but Seeking is very expensive. I am very aware she is awesome, so I've added her to a maybeboard if I decide I want to further upgrade this deck. Flickerwisp and Glimmerpoint Stag are removed because I am largely removing flicker effects because the strat is not powerful enough in this deck.
Originally I wanted to take advantage of Shalai, Voice of Plenty's hexproof for planeswalkers, but I didn't make great picks on planeswalkers, and ultimately Karn, Scion of Urza, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion were really the only ones worth it. I can't reasonably afford Karn for this deck, so he has been moved to the maybeboard.
Flicker effects have largely been removed.
Flicker effects have largely been removed. In this case being sorcery speed makes them less valuable, because they cannot be used for avoidance. Fumigate is removed in order to make way for better mass removal.
It's just too expensive. Shalai, Voice of Plenty does the same thing, and I can just cast her from the command zone.
These are less valuable in a deck that is only 2 colors.
The first 4 of these are just bad, and the last 2 are being removed to make way for more plains.
in :: 21
Powerful spot removal that puts the card where the player can't get it.
Path of Ancestry is good for tribal. Reliquary Tower gives me no max hand size. Homeward Path protects me from effects that take my creatures. Emeria, The Sky Ruin lets me cheat back in dead creatures, and the Plains are added to support Emeria.
Cards for later
expensive, but maybe at some point:
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You can respond to Abrupt Decay by discarding more lands to Seismic Assault, so I wouldn't say it gets blown out. Krosan Grip is probably the card you meant, but that doesn't really see too much play.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
there are a few cards that stand out to me as not fitting the deck's theme. Wing Shards is the first. if you run more than 4 other instants it would be a good include but if they cast spells after they attack (storm counts every spell, not just yours) then you might as well be running Rebuke. Crushing Vines is another one. sure it has utility in that it can also kill flying creatures, but it can't even hit enchantments. something like Krosan Grip is better in almost every regard, you could also use Return to Dust. White Sun's Zenith is a good card but its less good in this strategy. most equipment decks go tall rather than wide sometimes running as little as 1 or 2 creatures. in that same regard Jazal Goldmane would be good in a go wide strategy but not really in this one. a problem with these strategies it a vulnerability to artifact destruction. there are a few solutions to this problem. the first is to run something like Privileged Position to add a forcefield around all of your stuff. the second flickering your stuff. i recommend Teferi's Protection. you could use Eerie Interlude but it only does creatures. by the way, where is Lightning Greaves? it is probably one of the most played artifacts right before Sol Ring. while I'm here, where is sol ring? its regarded as the tenth power nine and is an auto-include in and deck no matter the strategy. it's just too good. it beats Selesnya Signet it every way except the fact that the signet produces colours mana which shouldn't be a problem since all of the lands you run either produce coloured mana or fetches coloured mana. by the way, I am NOT suggesting you cut the signet it is a very good card. while we are on the subject of mana I think we should address that Sylvan Scrying. if you are going to run that you need utility lands. remember, it says ANY land. that means if you need a Glacial Chasm you got it. if you want a Dark Depths to go with that Thespian's Stage viola. but the best you can get right now is a Myriad Landscape, a Path of Ancestry or a Krosan Verge. on the subject of lands it a two colour deck that runs a lot of artifacts. you can stretch the colours mana in your mana base a bit more I reckon. a good start is Blighted Woodland as if you don't really have anything exciting to do on your turn or just really need the mana you can spend the turn doing that. another cool thing to play could be, Shimmer Myr normally wouldn't play this as you cant equip at instant speed but Hammer of Nazahn means that you can flash it in with a bunch of equipment and have a surprise army to blow out attackers. some cuttable things are; Sun Titan, Sunspear Shikari, Regal Caracal, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Abundance, Wing Shards, White Sun's Zenith, Crushing Vines and Restoration Specialist
sorry about the really long comment I've just been fantasising about build a similar deck for a while.