|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Liliana, Dreadhorde General
Legendary Planeswalker — Liliana
Whenever a creature you control dies, draw a card.
+1: Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
-4: Each player sacrifices two creatures.
-9: Each opponent chooses a permanent they control of each permanent type and sacrifices the rest.
Liliana, Dreadhorde General Discussion
8 hours ago
Good looking start!
I'd cut the leyline of anticipation, both because one-of leylines aren't great and because Planeswalkers don't play super well with flash - flashing in a planeswalker at the end of your opponent's turn means you're missing out on a loyalty ability activation that you could've done if you had just played it on your turn. You're also very light on lands for a deck with multiple 5 drops, a 6 drop, and countermagic that you might want to hold up after playing those cards.
I'd also try to condense some of your many, many one-ofs and two-ofs down to a bunch of three and four-ofs. Having multiple options available in the deck is nice, but being able to count on your deck to perform the same way with consistency is more important. What exactly those changes look like is up to you, but if I were you I would do the following:
Cut: 2x Ashiok, dream render, 2x drawn from dreams, 3x duress, 1x time wipe, 1x dovin, hand of control, 1x jace, wielder of mysteries, 2x ignite the beacon, 2x sinister sabotage, 1x leyline of anticipation, 1x rule of law, 2x deputy of detention
Add: 1x Thought Erasure , 4x Kaya's Wrath , 1x Liliana, Dreadhorde General , 2x Teferi, Time Raveler , 1x Absorb , 1x Tyrant's Scorn , 4x Chemister's Insight , 1x Murderous Rider , 3x land of some sort
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to have fun with it!
1 week ago
And also, if the deck is based around Korvild like you claim,
1 week ago
Also, I really dont think Sorin, Lord of Innistrad should be in the deck. He has no value except for pumping out tokens, and honestly, Liliana, Dreadhorde General is just way more value plus she draws cards and has an explosive ult that can win games, especially in a deck like yours.
1 week ago
So I put the Fires of Invention in here, and I obviously underestimated that card, because it was extremely effective. For some reason I had a hang-up about it, but no longer, that is a bunch of fun!
I still feel like Chandra, Acolyte of Flame and Ral, Storm Conduit help me stay alive in the early game against aggressive decks. I mostly use them to recast/copy my cheap removal spells, but I am looking forward to copying Casualties of War . I would be open to replacing them with something stonger, but they both have kept me alive when I couldn't get to the big stuff right away. I also wanna see Liliana, Dreadhorde General come down and get the card draw from the Acolyte's dying elementals, but that probably is just win-more anyhow.
I was still having some trouble with Ajani's Pridemate and aggro decks that pump up there creatures, but for the most part this deck was hummin.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You might want to consider Crypt Ghast , Bubbling Muck , Dark Ritual , Mana Crypt , Liliana, Dreadhorde General , Greed , Erebos, God of the Dead , Athreos, God of Passage , Phyrexian Reclamation and Malevolent Awakening .
You can also check out my brew and see if there is anything else you find if value.
2 weeks ago
Hi there TheDigitalDevil. Another great input, thanks man!
- Thrashing Brontodon should definitely be in there. I prefer it over Return to Nature though. The dino is a bit more expensive, but doubles as a beater and strong blocker and synergizes with the sacrifice theme.
- The Elderspell is another spell that will come in handy, especially if Jeskai Fires becomes the new top-dog. A singleton might be enough though, as Assassin's Trophy , Casualties of War and Duress are great for that matchup too. I haven't played it in the 'new' format, so more copies might also be valid. Have you tried it post Oko ban?
- Garruk, Cursed Huntsman is a very strong card, but Liliana, Dreadhorde General has stronger synergies with the deck, so I'd probably still prefer her in the 6-drop slot.
2 weeks ago
Hey Sorin_Markov_1947. Thanks a lot for your suggestions mate, it's great with some feedback! I ended up going deep on the card choices, so sorry about the wall of text, haha.
- You're overlooking a centerpiece of the bakery - Gilded Goose does a lot to keep the producton running.
- With Gilded Goose , Witch's Oven and Trail of Crumbs there's actually rarely a shortage of food, but it might be right to go up to the full 4x Trail. Giant Opportunity is a card I've looked at, but paying 3 mana for 3x food is just too low impact. Keep in mind that only 1x food in play at a time is all that's needed to keep things going.
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King has been a card I wanted to play with in Standard ever since he was spoiled and therefore he was added as a test. So far he has been a beast and outperformed by a lot though. Worst case scenario he draws a card and eats removal, but often he draws several cards the same turn he comes down and more or less wins the game, if you get to untap with him. He hits very hard and just drowns the opponent in value. There are other 5-drops to consider in this spot, like God-Eternal Bontu and Cavalier of Night . Liliana, Dreadhorde General can also go in the top end, but I've liked King Draco the most so far. If you take the deck for a spin and find something else that works better than daddy dragonface, I'd love to hear about it and try it!
- I agree on Fell the Pheasant being a good sideboard option here. The only problem is that the format is pretty low on fliers at the moment. Rankle, Master of Pranks , Gilded Goose and Spawn of Mayhem are the ones I've seen most frequently and they get checked quite well by Korvold and the removal already in the 75. If that changes with the coming sets, Fell could find its place for sure.
- Savvy Hunter is a fun idea, I'll try that one out!
No data for this card yet.