|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Forgotten Cave enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Lucretian , plof , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , bakunet , Reliva , Zelpoke , anonymausguy , nakni , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MattN7498|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , Cunningcrow|
Forgotten Cave Discussion
3 days ago
Academy Ruins Desert of the Fervent Desert of the Mindful Forgotten Cave Lonely Sandbar Remote Isle Shivan Reef Smoldering Crater Wandering Fumarole Crush of Tentacles Windfall Dig Through Time Psychic Spiral Chandra, Flamecaller Labratory Maniac
1 month ago
Since my first update had 0 effect on price, I'll post this as update 1.5 in which I'll swap out some low cost cards with similar, more effective, more expensive cards.
I often found myself using only toil for my own card draw. Enlightened tutor doesn't really give card advantage but it does make my next draw more efficient.
Shattered Angel tends to only help stall out while i wait for something bigger to come in to play. Effective at what it does but Balefire makes for a more efficient Aggro option.
I feel like cycle lands really only add the benefit of, well, cycling. As such, I'll be, ahem, cycling them out of the deck for card draw/tutor options. Liliana Vess is a card i fell in love with at first sight due to her versatility. +1 for card advantage, -2 to tutor, and ulti for game-winning recursion. She'll probably end up being just an eye-candy tutor, but if Kaalia is already out, any tutor can end up being 8-10 face damage.
This one might take some playtesting. Seeing as most 7+ drops are being cheated in with Kaalia, they can't be countered, so that part of Akroma is nigh useless. For the same CMC, Iona protects my entire board from one chosen color vs Akroma's personal protection from two pre-designated. My reason for making the swap overall is that turns 4-9 Iona makes a better cheat-in option than Akroma. Then again, Iona might be hated off the field immediately... we'll see.
Price Change: Approximately 3$ out and 50$ in. As of today, these cards are on order so I'll hold off changing the deck until they come in.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Love this deck, thank you. I'm using it as a template for my first pauper deck.
Some quick comments.
Maybe go with 16 Mountains and a 3 Forgotten Cave? The deck is so streamlined, it's not starved for mana at all.
2 months ago
Hey, very nice budget Locust God deck. For a first deck it looks great. I suggest concentrating on lowering the Avg CMC(average converted mana cost). For instance only these three six CMC cards: The Locust God, Consecrated Sphinx and Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind should be the high end of the mana curve. You don't really need anything else with a higher mana cost.
I have a few budget suggestions:
- Jace's Archivist
- Whirlpool Warrior
- Faithless Looting
- Chart a Course
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Mind Stone
- Mystic Remora
- Shivan Reef
- Forgotten Cave
- Lonely Sandbar
All my suggestions other than Reef are cheap ways to draw cards, sometimes a lot of cards. Wheels: Windfall, Jace's Archivist and Whirlpool Warrior are very good with the God because you're drawing a lot of cards while also making just as many 1/1 fliers as cards you draw. Archivist is a repeatable Windfall each turn.
Faithless Looting is draw two for one mana that can flashback to draw again. Ponder filtering and draw for one mana. Mind Stone is good two mana rock because it can be sac later on to draw a card. Remora is a staple blue card for Commander it can draw you a lot of cards it's good in the early game or later on in the game when you have the God in play. Cycling lands are good with the God using a land to draw when you don't need a land, getting a 1/1 flier in return.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.