|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins||Common|
Combos Browse all
Forgotten Cave enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Forgotten Cave Discussion
2 months ago
I agree with the sentiment on fetch lands or at least a couple of Forgotten Caves to help ditch extra lands in favor of burn spells mid to late game. Fetch lands will ensure the triggering of landfall for Searing Blaze. On the same note, maybe a couple of Magmatic Insights could be squeezed in for the Searing Spears to help ditch those extra lands when they come up. I might also swap 1 Satyr Firedancer for 1 more Young Pyromancer as he is capable of winning you a few games here and there. +1!
2 months ago
Saw the link on /tg/, figured I would provide some feedback. Admittedly, this kind of deck is out of my element (I don't play combo) so I wouldn't take whatever suggestions provided as absolutely necessary changes.
Individual Card Suggestions
Card draw/Tutor/Cheating things into play:
Haste enablers (since I'm big on haste):
Cards I Would Remove
- Gauntlet of Might - I don't see the immediate benefit of this card, and disagree with the price. I think this card could be swapped out with something that doesn't also benefit any opponent's red creatures (like Caged Sun).
- Gilded Lotus - It is odd to see this in a monocolored deck.
- Commander's Sphere - Also odd seeing this in a monocolored deck, but the card draw option is nice.
- Skullclamp - Not a lot of options to get the card draw effect, from what I'm seeing.
- Karn Liberated - Karn is a little too durdly. Maybe swap with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon given the focus on colorless permanents.
- Bloodstained Mire and Wooded Foothills - I don't see why you would need to fetch for a Mountain or Madblind Mountain.
- Smoldering Crater and Forgotten Cave - I understand the need to draw a card, but these may be better replaced by standard Mountains.
- Kher Keep - Get an 0/1 blocker, I guess? Would swap out for Temple of the False God.
- Warp World - Necessary for chaos decks, but this doesn't look like a chaos deck.
Hopefully I provided some beneficial suggestions. Good luck with the deck!
3 months ago
Adjustments I would make:
Reason: Sometimes you have too many lands and you just need gas off the top.
Reason: Lightning Bolt has reach, and is very mana efficient.
- [SIDEBOARD] +3 Twin Bolt / +4 Relic of Progenitus / +(2-4) Harvest Pyre / +2 Fiery Temper / +1 Burst Lightning
This will streamline the deck into a pile of Bushwhacker Win, Conventional Burn wins, and Kiln Fiend Wins
4 months ago
I would also strongly recommend Goblin Chirurgeon, as he lets you sac half your goblins to save the other half from most board sweeps.
You already have Skirk Prospector, who I find to be one of the most vital cards in my own Krenko deck. The sooner you can generate lots of mana, the less likely your commander is to get killed so many times you can't affrd to cast him. With that in mind, I might suggest other mana accelerators such as Treasonous Ogre and Thermopod for red, and Ashnod's Altar and Sol Ring for colourless.
As far as suggestions for things to remove - that's much harder, and depends on how you want to play your deck. But... I would be tempted to replace Forgotten Cave and Smoldering Crater with Sandstone Needle for pseudo ramp (this on turn 1 can = 3 mana on turn 2) and Buried Ruin because there are lots of sweet artifacts in your deck that WILL get blown up - Thornbite Staff is a prime target!
I would also remove the Goblin Rabblemaster because it can really suck to have no control over whether you attack or not, and I feel that his upside is outweighed by the downside.
I could ramble on for ages, but I'll leave it there for now and simply wish you good luck and many, many, many goblins.
4 months ago
A few Forgotten Cave for when you flood and maybe a Great Furnace or 2 to discard for Wrench Mind on the occasional wierd Mono-B control/discard deck also Fury Charm in sideboard could be good for artifact hate//dumping on chump blockers.. i also recommend dropping the land count a tad(maybe just to 20) and fit in possibly Inner-Flame Acolyte
6 months ago
Another mass pump effect won't hurt, so maybe Obelisk of Urd
Don't worry, you'll be kicking ass in no time! :)
7 months ago
No problem. I agree with FUL on the Secluded Steppe/Orzhov Basilica combo. I use the same trick with Forgotten Cave/Rakdos Carnarium in my vampires deck (Shadow Alley Madness), and I really like it- allows me to run a low land count and still hit 3-drops.