Creature — Beast
Lieutenant — As long as you control your commander, Thunderfoot Baloth gets +2/+2 and other creatures you control get +2/+2 and have trample.
|Want (5)||Etinifni , Vee.o , GhostMajor , Cannon119 , kalko|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thunderfoot Baloth occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Thunderfoot Baloth Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
I've a couple more budget suggestions I commented in response to your suggestions. Here's a couple more goofy ones I found that fit the bill for this list. Bower Passage , Favorable Winds , Sprite Noble , and Windstorm Drake . These fall in the same vein of anthem effects like Gaea's Anthem , Murkfiend Liege , and Thunderfoot Baloth .
1 month ago
I've seen the Hypnotic Siren before, and honestly if you're at 7 mana you've probably already got an extra turn, but will consider it. I also can't believe I missed Jace's Phantasm , easily turns on in most games. I saw the One with Nature in your list and am just trying to figure out what I'd cut for it, along with Hope of Ghirapur . Probably the weird old landwalkers, since you can't guarantee someone's going to have that specific land type.
I figured you were building on a budget, I saw the pretty significant price difference, that's what drew me to the commander in the first place. The reason I've got the fancy pants expensive stuff is because I was actively playing in standard during Innistrad, I still have playsets of those fetches from Zendikar, and I'm pretty sure I've got a full set of snapcasters and Time Warps from Pyromancer Ascension decks.
A couple budget suggestions for you. I saw the Signal Pest in your list, check out Contested War Zone , Mightstone , Gaea's Anthem , Murkfiend Liege and Thunderfoot Baloth . I ran a number of those at one point in time before I built all in around the extra turns. Unless you're taking multiple people out on the same turn the anthem's draw quite a bit of ire from the table.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
3 months ago
Neat deck! What do you think of these? Nature's Will , Tana, the Bloodsower , Rapacious One , Grumgully, the Generous , Champion of Lambholt , Thunderfoot Baloth , Pathbreaker Ibex , Fiendish Duo , Angrath's Marauders , Archetype of Endurance , Praetor's Counsel , Storm the Citadel , Tendershoot Dryad , Keeper of Fables , Artifact Mutation
3 months ago
Okay. I'm the Reddit dude. Sorry for the wait. Life interfered and I didn’t have a great opportunity to write this, so my b. Here's what I'd try messing around with. I'll do my best to keep suggestions budget
Removal Naya Charm is a fog, removal spell, mass unblockablility, and a Regrowth all at once. Worth it. Generous Gift and Beast Within are also solid open-ended removal spells. Oblation , Chaos Warp , and Swords to Plowshares should do the rest
Draw Add Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project , and some other spells that draw off creatures. Your deck has so many creatures - might as well turn them into cantrips. Primordial Sage and Lifecrafter's Bestiary also come to mind. Maybe a Vivien Reid as removal and draw all in one, if you feel like splurging a bit?
Boardwipes, removal, ramp, draw - That’s the general stuff that each deck needs simply to function
Here’s some more niche stuff I think your deck could use
Protection Kindred Boon and Eight-and-a-Half-Tails are good at protecting your creatures, and what makes them better is that the're activated abilities - to say, your werewolves won't flip but you’ll get to spend your mana
The Other Stuff I really like Cult of the Waxing Moon , Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves , Bow of Nylea , Mastery of the Unseen and Boros Charm . Bow synergises particularly well with your commander, making blocking a lose-lose situation. Mastery of the Unseen is a solid mana sink, so you’ll have something to do on the turns where you don’t want to flip your wolves. Boros Charm ’s just insanely more versatile than it appears
Ok. This comment’s long enough as is, so I’ll take my leave. If you want a hand making cuts, though, feel free to comment and I’ll try to get back to you quicker this time :)
4 months ago
You might need more card advantage/draw. You have a good amount of search, but it is hard to rely only on Greater Good and Zendikar Resurgent for great card advantage. Probably only get to use those when you are already in a good position in a match.