Creature — Beast
Lieutenant — As long as you control your commander, Thunderfoot Baloth gets +2/+2 and other creatures you control get +2/+2 and have trample.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Thunderfoot Baloth Discussion
1 week ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.
1 week ago
Eternal Witness should get pulled of the maybeboard and slapped in.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary is the magic Pokedex. You'll love it top deck manipulation and card draw. (I see that you aren't running a single artifact. Does your meta hate on them that bad?)
Fires of Yavimaya is great for haste, and you could cut some of the heavier CMC haste enablers for it.
Your mana curve is kinda scary, people are going to be staring at your 2 CMC commander and nothing else for a minute, you might try looking for lower CMC substitutes for the cards you play for fun.
Here are a few other things I like, just bringing them to your attention for you to browse:
2 weeks ago
Hey, got a few quick ideas from my Prossh deck..
I could see adding a bunch of mana dorks, I like it when Prossh comes down early in my build. I chose to use creatures for most of my ramp, elves specifically. You can check it out for yourself, maybe it has other ideas.. happy gathering!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 1051 VIEWS
Panas on Chemo Ramp
1 month ago
Alright! I gave the deck a quick look and it looks relatively good overall. I understand you are not in a very competitive meta (or at least, not a very cutthroat one at that) and that budget is a concern albeit not a very crazy one.
I see enough card draw and cards that replace themselves. I also liked that you built the deck accordingly, avoiding enchantment and artifact inclusions to fit the theme of blowing all of them up.
With that said we reach the greatest flaw in the deck. Without any strong, early ramp and so many high costed cards doing what you want, your deck is left slow and clunky and will often durdle and fold to early advantage gained by other people through the same things you hate. Breaking a Sylvan Library on turn 5 means that opponent already has gained all the value in the world out of it and probably doesn't care too much that it's being destroyed.
A second point I want to make is that although you do have a lot of big mana plays, a LOT of them are inefficient considering the resource investment into them (mana cost Vs effect + P/T). Here's a list of which ones I didn't like too much and the reasoning behind it:
- Avatar of Might is a vanilla trampler in your deck. Unless you are facing against a fast aggro deck or token generator, you are the one playing the creature deck so I wouldn't expect to cast it on the cheap side often.
- Deus of Calamity is an awesome card but it needs the proper enablers (double strike/constant buffs) for it to work as intended and even then it's a "win more" card. In effect it does a hell of a lot under certain conditions, but those are hard to come by and when you are behind you'd prefer playing something else.
- Domesticated Hydra a very high investment just to get a trampler. Evasion is good but when you compare these kind of cards with enablers like Thunderfoot Baloth and Siege Behemoth they are very lackluster.
- Havenwood Wurm: 7 mana for a 5/6 trampler? You can do a lot better than this. The instant speed doesn't warrant this investment as it is essentially asking you to skip your turn to play this.
- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero would be a lot better in a shell where mass trample and Overrun effects ran rampant. This is not the case so quite often he will be giving you an extra 2-4 damage on swing. He's not that bad though.
- Blunt the Assault is a heavy costed fog effect. If life gaining is that important, running Shamanic Revelation is better. If the fog is really needed then just run Fog or Lull or Respite or Winds of Qal Sisma.
- Devil's Play is a very flavourful card and I do like it, but I think it's a bit small for commander. Fall of the Titans or even better Comet Storm do a much better job at finishing people.
- Scrabbling Claws is not good enough for graveyard hate. There exist much better alternatives (i.e. Relic of Progenitus)!
And here are my suggestions for you, including some notable omissions. Some have already been mentioned by others.
- Acidic Slime
- Mold Shambler
- Reclamation Sage!
- Sakura-Tribe Elder!
- Wood Elves!
- Farhaven Elf!
- Woodfall Primus!
- Chaos Warp!
- Krosan Grip!
- Ancient Grudge
- Comet Storm
- Hull Breach
- Skyshroud Claim!
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Beast Within!
- Xenagos, God of Revels
I would choose a number of these as replacements prefering their versatility, efficiency and power.
Those are my thoughts. :)
ps: since tappedout doesn't let me mark my most suggestions through the checkboxes for some reason, i'll put an exclamation mark next to them...
1 month ago
Cool. Boros Signet, Rakdos Signet, Selesnya Signet, Golgari Signet, Orzhov Signet, Thunderfoot Baloth, Inquisitor's Flail, Loxodon Warhammer, Whispersilk Cloak, Vedalken Orrery, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, Hoard-Smelter Dragon
1 month ago
Hi JumboCommander love your channel and love this deck. What do you think of Dragon Broodmother as an additional sax outlet? She's a very strong card by herself and can potentially be explosive with Omnath on the board. I previously included Thunderfoot Baloth but am curious about Soulbright Flamekin. It works even if Omnath is not in play and has the potential to generate a substantial amount of mana on top of the already high levels of ramp. Lastly, instead of Sylvan Safekeeper I substituted Village Elder which similarly protects your creatures. I'm running a more budgeted list with Steely Resolve and still wanted some regeneration action. Thanks again for this guide and the inspiration to build this commander!
1 month ago
2 months ago
I would suggest these cuts:
- Craterhoof Behemoth - You don't need the behemoth. Your general's ability used twice is almost as good. Better to put complimenting effects in the deck rather then effects that mirror your general.
- Drove of Elves - boring, just a big dude
- Thunderfoot Baloth - not an elf, the trample is meh since your general gives trample, and the anthem effect is ok, but you already have 7 and your general gives +3 +3
- Green Sun's Zenith - great for once you have built the deck and want to improve it. Add it later.
- Worldly Tutor - great for once you have built the deck and want to improve it. Add it later.
- Lead the Stampede
- Shamanic Revelation
- Skullclamp is draw but might not be good since your creatures won't die reliably due to anthem effects
- Elvish Vanguard is just a dude that gets big - not exciting
- Titania's Chosen is just a dude that gets big
- Joraga Treespeaker is fun, and can be strong, but probably too slow if you want the deck to be fast