|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fyndhorn Elves Discussion
2 days ago
Any commander deck needs at least 10 ramp cards, and you are in green, the premier ramp color in magic. Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Birds of Paradise, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Fyndhorn Elves, Devoted Druid, Priest of Titania, Wood Elves and Sol Ring (a must in every commander deck). I'd suggest to prioritize in creatures that add mana (over sorceries and instants) so you can later add a Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and abuse of a ton of mana.
4 days ago
I know that you had asked me personal for some input on your deck, and that you had planned to do a complete rewrite up of it. So with that in mine I got a list of some stuff you should probably consider running.
obligatory Sol Ring
Since kresh benefits from things dying mana dorks In my opinion are the way to go as after you have used them to ramp you can sac them or just freely let them die to pump up kresh. I have some other suggestions but I cannot give them until you have updated your list with the what ever changes you are working on at the moment.
5 days ago
Hi, cool deck and very unique! mono-green artifact synergy in EDH is pretty unusal!
saw your deck on the commander thread. I have not built a mono green edh deck but here are some quick suggestions, hopefully some of them are in your budget and/or look fun enough to run.
two things that green does fantastically that could tune-up your list are ramp and recursion. some ramp cards like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Skyshroud Claim could fit in over Attune with Aether depending on how dedicated to the energy subtheme you are. also Sol Ring!!
for recursion, Regrowth and Recollect are sometimes better than Reclaim, Pulse of Murasa. also i really like Seasons Past over Wildest Dreams - six mana for a full hand over ~2 cards.
a couple options for your win cons, depending on if you want to lean more towards combo or more towards token/stompy wins.
combo: Staff of Domination, Paradox Engine, and mana dorks like Fyndhorn Elves, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds can get you into a big mana/card draw situation. Cloud Key is another foundry inspector.
token stompy: cards like Hornet Queen, Myr Battlesphere, Avenger of Zendikar, coupled with more overrun effects like Overwhelming Stampede, Triumph of the Hordes, or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can give you a more aggro tilt. Genesis Wave may be a fun option for either direction.
finally if you want to run more removal/disruption, Beast Within, Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime, Terastodon, all help the cause and provide bodies to swing or block.
hope this all helps and sorry if it is goodstuff suggestions! cheers and have fun.
1 week ago
When I got back into the game ~5 years ago, I'd say my pet card was Engulfing Slagwurm. I'd jam a bunch of the big wurms in with mana dorks like Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, etc. I also loved Terra Stomper lol
These days I'm pretty much only playing edh. I like Bloodgift Demon as a budget evasive beater with card draw. Consecrated Sphinx is in 4/8 of my edh decks. Definitely one of my top favorite at the moment. The other decks don't run blue lol
2 weeks ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
4 weeks ago
Ramp (2cmc or less is important to be able to get out Ezuri ASAP)
Cryptolith Rite doesnt fit in the previous description but still a great card if paired with a nice card draw
Cultivator of Blades replace Wild Beastmaster (gives 2 extra Ezuri triggers for 2 more mana, I dont know how you feel about that tradeoff)
Blighted Agent nasty little bugger with infect and unblockable
Forgotten Ancient works really well to get a lot of counters, especially since a lot of the cards in this deck will be fairly low cmc, letting you push out quite a lot of spells and trigger him a lot; also good because if you play a creature that needs counters ASAP, you can dump a bunch onto it from this card
Den Protector slightly lesser version of Champion of Lamboldht (which you have) since it only makes itself unblockable to lesser creatures, but it gives you a bit of graveyard recursion if you choose to morph it
Panharmonicon give Ezuri double triggers, as well as anything with fun ETB effects
Bramblewood Paragon give all your creatures with +1/+1 counters trample
Triumph of the Hordes gives all your creatures, +1/+1, trample, and infect (nuff said)
Awakening Zone gives you a free Ezuri trigger every turn, plus some mana if you sac the tokens
From Beyond same as Awakening Zone (these 2 cards are really great cuz they keep giving you more mana, tokens, and Ezuri triggers. These are both really good if youre playing against someone who has a high powered threat on the board, as they provide you with a fresh chump blocker every turn)
Patagia Viper flying snake that triggers Ezuri 3 times (good card, used it to win against a guy with no flying creatures to block with)
Cobra Trap havent had much use for it since my non-creatures arent usually getting destroyed and when they do I never have it in my hand, but it could work well to give you some counters possibly for cheap
Dealing with stuff
Altered Ego if someone puts out a threat, if its not specific to their deck, you now have that threat as well, but a little bit powerful if you have enough mana. (used this today to copy a 7/7 and add 7 +1/+1 counters on it, then used Rite of Replication on it and kicked it so I had 5 14/14 creatures
Rite of Replication similar to Altered Ego, but instead of paying to get some extra counters, you can pay to get 4 extra copies (pretty damn dank, my friend used this once when my friend played Dark Depths to bring out his Marit Lage token. He didnt have enough mana to kick it, but he no longer had to worry about being massacred by the other guys Marit Lage. I on the other hand did not have a Marit Lage and was destroyed immediately.
Simic Manipulator if someone puts out a threat, you can take it (havent had a chance to use this yet, but seems like it would be very helpful in dealing with an opponent whose deck relies on their commander, since you can get rid of it and they wont be able to cast it again because now you have it)
Curse of the Swine good boardwipe for if the enemy is getting a scary boardstate
Cyclonic Rift indisputably one of the best blue boardwipes out there
Ixidron basically does what curse of the swine does but cheaper to cast, the actual creatures dont die, and it gives you a nice pumped up creature (I usually play this card as a salty response to someone using targeted removal on Ezuri or going full boardwipe. If it was targeted removal, I play this card as soon as I can especially if the opponents commander is out. Like Simic Manipulator, this card is great against decks reliant on the commander since the cards being flipped over dont actually die so they remain on the battlefield but just flipped over and the only way for them to get their commander back is to get whichever 2/2 flipped over card their commander is to somehow die. If it was a boardwipe, I wait a turn or 2 until they get their commander back out, then I strike. This card also works well against anyone who is getting a scary boardstate
4 weeks ago
I would recommend more mana dorks: Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Birds of Paradise, Devoted Druid. Also Shrieking Drake can be a good way to gain exp along with Cloud of Faeries. I'd also consider throwing in a Nature's Claim and/or Krosan Grip.
1 month ago
I'm trying to understand how Selvala, Heart of the Wilds is bonkers in this deck. Since I'm running mana dorks, I'm not going to have many high powered creatures, so I feel my opponents will be getting more card draw than I am. His second ability does seem pretty nice though, especially with paradox engine. Nevertheless, could you explain specifically how this card would compliment this deck?
Avacyn saved me last night so she is in to stay. Dragonlord Dramoka never helped me, but I might put it back in when and if people get wise to my shenanigans. I took out Sigarda because my friend plays a Meren sac deck and I felt it was too mean to shut down his only hope of killing me on turn 4-5. Might bring it back given the meta.
Lotus Cobra seems cool, I'm just not sure about how much landfall there is in the deck. Do you still think he deserves a spot? Wouldn't a mana dork be better? Same question with Azusa, Lost but Seeking. I run 38 lands (which i suppose is average?). I could see it helping early game, but late game doesn't hold much value. Same question, wouldn't a mana dork be better?
Green Sun's Zenith and Dryad Arbor seem like fun. I am a little hesitant towards adding it because the Arbor can't tap for mana the turn he comes down since it has summoning sickness, unless I'm mistaken.