|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fyndhorn Elves Discussion
1 day ago
Ok, here is the feedback I promised you in June.
1) Change your Deck type to one of the following - Modern or Casual
2) Look at Fauna Shaman to search for your big bad Cards.
3) Ditch Verdant Haven it is worthless in a Mono Deck. Also Market Festival is a waste of a card for the mana. Look into Llanowar Elves/Fyndhorn Elves or a similar card to act as a mana source. Also look up Farhaven Elf.
If you really want to spend money go with Oracle of Mul Daya.
5) You need some more Card Draw, Look at Elvish Visionary.
Start with that...More feedback when your done.
3 days ago
- Elvish Skysweeper - Kinda alright, Jagged-Scar Archers does better.
- Grave Sifter - Creeping Renaissance does a better job at what you want to do - twice.
- Creeperhulk, Lifeblood Hydra, Rampaging Baloths, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Wolfbriar Elemental - Good cards in a vacuum, dunno if you need it here.
To really shine with Ezuri you need more mana dorks, untap outlets and - simply - more Elves.
Some of the Elfball/mono- Staples i miss here:
- Mana Dorks: Karametra's Acolyte, Wirewood Channeler, Viridian Joiner, Devoted Druid, Elvish Harbinger, Fyndhorn Elves, Boreal Druid
- Untap Outlets: Thousand-Year Elixir, Wirewood Symbiote, Quirion Ranger, Scryb Ranger, Copperhorn Scout
- Removal: Glissa Sunseeker, Viridian Zealot, Beast Within, Krosan Grip, Unravel the Aether, Deglamer, Repopulate
- Elf Tutors: Skyshroud Poacher, Sylvan Messenger, Elvish Harbinger, Wirewood Herald
- Elvish Tricks: Descendants' Path, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Taunting Elf, Elvish Guidance, Caller of the Claw
- Good Stuff: Asceticism, Genesis Wave, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Triumph of the Hordes, Wrap in Vigor
- Mono-colored Good Stuff: Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Caged Sun
And if you can afford it: Craterhoof Behemoth.
If you're looking for more - non-infinite - Ezuri, Renegade Leader inspiration, check my cutthroat streamlined deck list below:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 4 COMMENTS | 1705 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
4 weeks ago
Granular_Quality, thanks for droppin' by!!
What in the deck do you think lacks integrity and should go? Something that could get replaced with a weenie? Or Earthcraft?
1 month ago
you spelt all the rocks wrong i think mate, you meant to type, Arbor Elf, Elvish Archdruid, Elvish Harbinger, Elvish Mystic, Fyndhorn Elves, Heritage Druid, Llanowar Elves, Priest of Titania, Quirion Elves, Wirewood Channeler, and finally Elvish Guidance. ;-) :-P
1 month ago
Not a bad idea, but some cards are highly needed.
2 Priest of Titania - probably the best card in the deck, 4 Fyndhorn Elves for more ramp, 4 Nettle Sentinel - for more aggression and goes well with..., 4 Birchlore Rangers - mana ramp and fixing for... , 4 Distant Melody - for massive card draw, 3 Civic Wayfinder - to search for..., 1 Island, 4 Quirion Ranger - for shenanigans. This is a total of 26 cards.
Cut the following:
4 presence, 6 forests, 4 weatherseed, 8 archers, 4 chosen.
I might be wrong on the ratio of 1 mana elves (8-12 is the normal ratio), but otherwise, this will make the deck more explosive.
1 month ago
Prossh.. terrible to play against, but gotta love him.
Suggestions from a greatly built deck I constantly lose from ;) Power Hungrier
Making tokens is very worthwhile for Prossh. And sac-outlets are also quite nice.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder
- Fresh Meat - hello again!
- Fungal Sprouting
- Goblin Sharpshooter - auto-kill all those pesty 1/1 creatures!
- Deathbringer Thoctar - growing killing creature. scary sh*t.
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest - grow baby, grow
- Deathreap Ritual - draw some cards
- Perilous Forays - nobrainer: sac-outlet and insane ramp.
- Terror and other spot removal - 1 card for maybe 1 creature is not good enough in EDH. Use your creatures to do the dirty work, or control with Grave Pact.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, Birds of Paradise Elves of Deep Shadow, Fyndhorn Elves, Llanowar Elves, Manaweft Sliver - manadorks are too slow and fragile in multiplayer EDH, and token-fodder-generation can be much faster.
1 month ago
That deck feels like it's just starting, and that it's kind of budget? If not, there's a lot of cards i'd cut (if you do not know what to change for those in the maybeboard), like ;
Advocate of the Beast
- All instants (exception made of Second Harvest and Naturalize)
- All sorceries (exception made of Duress, Explore, Root Out, Disentomb and maybe Mental Vapors)
Now, what to add to replace all that?
Let's start with ;
Creatures (they are all elves!)
Eladamri, Lord of Leaves --> (I think it's legal to play)
Elvish Piper --> To get your threats on the battlefield at opponent's end of turn
Fauna Shaman --> To get those threats from your deck
Fyndhorn Elves --> Mythic mana rock!
Gaea's Herald --> Anti-counterspell
Jagged-Scar Archers --> to kill flyers
Llanowar Mentor ---> In case you topdeck too many lands, this is useful
Maralen of the Mornsong --> Useful since your deck has a low average mana cost
Nullmage Shepherd --> Reusable destroy artifact/enchantment
Oak Street Innkeeper --> Protection!
Oracle of Mul Daya --> Filtering, getting more mana in
Primal Forcemage --> Those tokens get better!
Realm Seekers --> Deck filtering, getting more mana, or just a big creature.
Reclamation Sage --> You NEED one.
Sylvan Advocate --> Most of the time, a 4/5 vigilance for 2 mana.
Sylvan Messenger --> Play an Elf, get more elves!
Talara's Battalion --> Easy to get on the battlefield.
Timberwatch Elf --> Another elf gets HUGE.
Voice of the Woods --> If your small elves can't get past... get bigger creatures.
Wolf-Skull Shaman --> Get tokens in!
Wren's Run Vanquisher --> 3/3 deathtouch for 2.
Krosan Grip --> A better, uncounterable Naturalize.
Beast Within --> Remove a threat for the board.
Back to Nature --> Since you do not run a lot of enchantments.
Collected Company --> Get 3 elves on the battlefield.
Consign to Dust --> Destroy some artifacts or enchantments.
Fresh Meat --> Board got wiped? Not quite.
Hunter's Insight --> Draw cards!
Noxious Revival --> Cast for 0 mana.
Genesis Wave --> Because getting out half your library when you have tons of mana to spend is awesome.
Overrun --> Major boost.
Akroma's Memorial --> Now, all your elves are monsters.
Doubling Season --> Double your tokens and planeswalker loyalty counters.
Parallel Lives --> Another token doubler. Makes it 4x with doubling season out.
That's my first batch of suggestions to you. Hope it'll help!
2 months ago
Thanks for the amazing advice. Here is a list of the cards that you mentioned that I should use.
- Thespian's Stage
- Primal Growth
- Black Market
- Yavimaya Elder
- Caustic Caterpillar
- Spore Frog
- Krosan Grip
- Butcher of Malakir
- Dictate of Erebos
- Grave Pact
- Prismatic Omen
- Chromatic Lantern
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Retribution of the Ancients
From what you said, I should cut most if not all of my mana dorks and Smokestack since I don't run token generators. My question is what else should I cut to make room for these cards? My idea so far is the following: