|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
(Red)(Green), Tap: Target Beast creature you control fights target creature an opponent controls. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Doom_of_Valyria , sneferie , Gabeph , mziter501 , Va1mar , chaus12 , bakeraj4 , Pumpkinking913 , DrPopular , frederiklw|
|Want (7)||sebek33 , ostiarius , Jspeed , Jokulmorder1 , kovellen , dvoser , plumptons|
Contested Cliffs Discussion
1 month ago
Don't mean to be a downer, but I believe Contested Cliffs is illegal in a mono-red deck.
5 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
6 months ago
Thanks for the advice Chadsansing.
A friend of mine told me to have more green mana in order to use green ramp spells and fix the other colors, namely red indeed.
I am going to test Kher Keep and the contested lands. I like the Contested Cliffs because my general is a beast creature, so the cliffs could serve as a light single target removal. The other contested I am not to sure about. I figure I can use it as a political tool to beef up attackers in someone else's attack phase. I could trade out Terramorphic for a mountain indeed, because I will usually be looking for one.
7 months ago
Oh yes, forgot to mention it. Contested Cliffs is really oppressive with Uril, your opponents won't know how good it is until you use it once, only then they'll realise that a freaking land is decimating them and they have no way to destroy it.
When I'm considering a card I want it to be good enough on it's own, to combo directly with the commander or to combo with the whole theme of the deck. If the deck is not heavy on tutors (mine are always low on tutors), I won't include a card just because it comboes with one or two another cards in the deck, it has to comply with the prevous conditions.
That's why I wouldn't usually run the Seedborn Muse (the closest legal thing to Prophet of Kruphix) in an enchantment deck, it will only be good if I also had Sigarda's Aid, Vedalken Orrery or Vernal Equinox. On top of that, opponents will try to copy, control or reanimate the Seedborn Muse as soon as they see it, so you will, most likely, be benefiting others more than yourself.
Even if I knew I would always have Vedalken Orrery I probably wouldn't run it in a deck like this because I wouldn't have ways to spend all that mana all the time. I would just play my cards before untapping.
With commanders like Ghave, Guru of Spores, Kruphix, God of Horizons, Roon of the Hidden Realm or Vorel of the Hull Clade I would defintelly take Seedborn Muse over Vedalken Orrery.
By the way, in my experience, Vernal Equinox is not really that scary, their sorceries and artifacts won't get flash and their instant already had it, but almost all your stuff will and you don't have instants. It definitely won't attract as many eyes as the Vedalken Orrery, you can always include both, though.
7 months ago
Another cool combo I found is using Contested Cliffs and a buffed Uril, the Miststalker a minimum of once per turn, but potentially a lot more depending on how many untap abilities I add. Bear Umbra is the first that comes to mind since I am already going to add it to the deck once I find one, and so does Voyaging Satyr but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice another card to add that in.
Either way, Making Uril fight a creature before combat has even started is a great way to keep your opponents creatures at bay.
8 months ago
Some budget friendly suggestions (I have a very similar deck that I have been playing a long time)
- Spirit Mantle
- Cartouche of Strength
- Armadillo Cloak
- Birds of Paradise
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Nature's Lore
- Contested Cliffs
I have found haste not really as important as it would be in other decks. Unless you can get uril, get haste, and get auras on the same turn it doesn't help much. Xenagos is OK since he helps buff too.
I would remove Iroas, Helm of the Gods, reliquary tower, spirit loop, boar umbra, and kodama's reach to start.
Also shocklands would be a nice upgrade over some of those ETB tapped lands. Those a bit more expensive though.
8 months ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
9 months ago
Your land base confuses me. Why do you have an Esper land? Additionally, Burgeoning, Wild Growth and Contested Cliffs are not modern legal (never printed in modern sets). After cutting those you should have four spaces cleared