|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sword of Feast and Famine
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and from green.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you untap all lands you control.
Sword of Feast and Famine Discussion
18 hours ago
There are a lot of creatures you can cut but the first thing you may want to consider is artifacts. I know you want to build an instant heavy deck but you may want some artifacts that will give narset a consistent boost once they're equipped. Darksteel Plate . Trailblazer's Boots , Swiftfoot Boots , Helm of the Host , Grappling Hook , Sword of Feast and Famine . You also want a ,to of artifact ramp for your deck. Narset of often seen as a major threat, you want to get her out as fast as possible. Sol Ring , the signets, Commander's Sphere , Darksteel Ingot , MindStone, Gilded Lotus are all great for that.
If you really want to run creatures in narset, I'd stick to about your 10 favorite, just so you have a lower chance of exiling them with her ability. I would keep mirrorwing, zada, dragonlord, etali, jace, thing, sphinx, kiega, exemplars and sage.
Moving onto instants and sorceries, you are going to want some extra combat phases along with double strike and pump affects. Fury of the Horde , Waves of Aggression , Savage Beating , Relentless Assault , World at War , Seize the Day . Id keep your instant count down around 30 cards total, start cutting with things like Gideon's Reproach , that are very situational.
I hope this helps, best of luck with the deck
18 hours ago
Yo meatman87, for a competitive Tuvasa Enchantress deck, I would definitely do some reworks and go a bit more into the taxing route. Some cards I would add in already that comes to mind is:
- Rhystic Study
- Greater Auramancy
- Fertile Ground
- Carpet of Flowers
- Energy Flux
- Ground Seal / Ashes of the Abhorrent
I would also reconsider adding in Mystic Remora , it is a great card that slows down other competitive players or force you to gain card draw which is important. You should also consider other avenues to winning with Tuvasa as your 3rd line to winning if all else fails. You can do something akin to Enchanted Evening / Aura Thief or Cleansing Meditation . Three part combo with that as well as Calming Verse / Faith's Reward / Teferi's Protection . Enchanted Evening also goes well to make infinite tokesn with Ajani's Chosen .
Another line you can also go for in the Blind Obedience + Bloom Tender / Pemmin's Aura / Freed from the Real infinite extortion win. There are also cards that don't make sense with the current build so these would be the cards I would recommend cutting.
- Open the Vaults
- Kruphix's Insight
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Sword of Feast and Famine
- Sword of Fire and Ice
- Rampage of the Clans
- True-Name Nemesis
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Eternal Witness
- Aegis of the Gods
- Abundant Growth
- Gift of Paradise
- Steel of the Godhead
- Weirding Wood
- Fortified Village
- Port Town
The cards I mentioned above either doesn't have a place in the deck your going for or isn't further accelerating your game plan. What you want to do assuming is to accumulate resources and value ahead of your opponent while preventing them to do anything. I would also say that you wouldn't actually need JTMS, Mother of Runes or Noble Hierarch as they won't trigger your draw. You also might want to consider adding in a High Market to have a kill switch for your Academy Rector . You have a couple avenues of fetching for it in the forms of Crop Rotation as well as Wargate when you add the latter in. Sylvan Scrying might also not be a bad add in as it can fetch you your Reliquary Tower / Serra's Sanctum and if you want to consider adding in Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , those are all valuable targets.
Lemme know if you have any questions on the card reasoning or if somehting doesn't make sense to ya!~
1 week ago
This is honestly a really fun deck! I quite like your inclusions that offer a range of different answers against opposing strategies, such as Knight of Autumn and Thrashing Brontodon . Perhaps, though, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is not a proper fit for the deck, as it contains 25 non-creature spells. A suggestion could be to cut Sword of Feast and Famine and Sword of Fire and Ice since they are somewhat slow, and add Sylvan Library for card draw and selection, Chord of Calling or Eladamri's Call as additional creature tutors and maybe even Craterhoof Behemoth as a win condition, since the deck already has a few mana dorks that it can take advantage of. After all, a Naya Hoof deck was in the Top 8 of the 2018 Canadian Highlander Championship. Nonetheless, regardless of the way in which you wish to develop your deck, its Naya theme is both interesting and entertaining from a gameplay perspective!
1 week ago
Uhhhh this is a really open ended question haha. You should browse the various gruul decks on here, as well as edhrec.com for ideas
I'm running Omnath, Locus of Rage and it's really fun. He takes advantage of something most decks do anyway: ramp. He also punishes boardwipes with his Lightning Bolt ability. Sometimes I'll flood the board and swing all out, then cast my own boardwipe to burn my opponent(s) for the final blow
Xenagos, God of Revels is another commander I've used in the past. His strategy pushes more towards "going tall" with a few big creatures rather than omnath who wants to "go wide" with a pile of creatures. Xenagos is one of the best options too since he's harder to remove than normal creatures.
There's combat tricks:
Aggravated Assault + Savage Ventmaw
Aggravated Assault + Bear Umbra + creature
Aggravated Assault + Nature's Will + creature
Aggravated Assault + Sword of Feast and Famine + creature
Aggravated Assault + Grand Warlord Radha + creatures
Aggravated Assault + Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + creature with power 7 or greater
Hellkite Charger + Bear Umbra
Hellkite Charger + Nature's Will
Hellkite Charger + Sword of Feast and Famine
Hellkite Charger + Grand Warlord Radha + creatures
Have fun! I hope you'll take a moment to check out and upvote a couple of my decks! Cheers!
1 week ago
Hey, this is a good start and much better than the precon, good job, but I think you can take this much further even on a budget especially the manabase and creature base. There's honestly a lot of cards that I can suggest be added and cut, but instead of doing that I'll give you some suggestions of good cards to add that are included in the precon, but you're not playing them. My other suggestions are to make two of the best cards here even better. Very nice Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Dark Depths and Sword of Feast and Famine :)
Good cards in the precon that you aren't playing to consider adding:
- Sol Ring
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Acidic Slime
- Turntimber Sower
- Jund Panorama
- Bojuka Bog
- Khalni Heart Expedition
Depths has very good interaction with Windgrace's -3 ability to reanimate lands, but you still have to be able to removal all the ice counters from Depths before you get Marit without having to pay each time to remove a counter. Consider adding Thespian's Stage ? Stage can copy Depths and the copy doesn't get ice counters thus once you copy it you can sac Stage which is now Depths and get Marit. Stage is a land with Windgrace's -3 ability you can reanimate both Depths and Stage at the same time and that's powerful. Consider Sylvan Scrying ? It's a low mana cost budget way to tutor for Depths or Stage.
Ulamog is 11 mana to cast and you want to cast him because of his powerful cast trigger. Ulamog requires a lot of ramp and cards that can search for him when you are set-up with enough mana to cast him. Cards to consider adding:
- Fierce Empath
- Signal the Clans
- Rampant Growth
- Kodama's Reach : another Cultivate.
- Nissa's Pilgrimage : another Cultivate.
- Splendid Reclamation or World Shaper : after discarding lots of lands for Windgrace reanimate them all.
- Anger : can be discarded by Windgrace and then if you control a Mountain all creatures you control get haste. Giving Ulamog or any other win condition creature such as Rampaging Baloths and the Beasts it creates haste is very good. With haste Ulamog can trigger annihilator 4 the turn you play him which is busted.
These cards are not just good with Ulamog, but many other cards, they're all just good budget cards.
Commander of Landfall is my budget causal Windgrace deck. Maybe it can give you some ideas, feel free to use it as inspiration. Some differences between my deck and yours are first the manabase. I'm playing a lot more lands for landfall and I've made it a priority to play as many budget dual lands that can that ETB (enter the battlefield) untapped. I'm playing many budget duals that interact well with basic lands because the manabase has 18-20 basic lands. I've made dual lands that are two different types of lands such as Cinder Glade a priority to take advantage of Farseek , Nature's Lore and Wood Elves . These three are excellent cards for ramp because can search for and put a dual land onto the battlefield.
Green is the most important color with the most sources in the manabase to take advantage of green's ramp, more specifically one drop mana dorks. Red and black are only splashes mostly for Windgrace. Good landfall creatures or creatures who interact in some way with lands are the priority for the creature base. There's creatures that let me play an additional land per turn or can put a land from my hand right onto the battlefield; these cards are the reason for 44 lands. I've reduced the high mana cost win condition creatures to just four, who all have great interaction with lands.
I'm playing other draw sources than just Windgrace because I can't rely on him staying alive. Budget tutors are in my deck, they help me search for a specific creature. There's recursion for other cards (any card or permanents), not just lands. This lets me safely discard a card that's not a land when I use Windgrace's +2 ability because I can get the card back if I need to.
If you have any questions I offer more advice.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Sword of Feast and Famine occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,06%
All decks: 0,01%
All decks: 0,02%