|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Giant
Whenever Grave Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, put two 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||rebelteddybear , Tyqar , ericalt91 , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , sonnet666 , Forkbeard , , HydraOoze , perrin515 , warcry02 , KillDatBUG , Roadhog , Boza , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Swamy , jugglervr|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Tiddilywinkus , Desol4tion , rakdos24|
Grave Titan Discussion
1 day ago
MegaMatt13: My Avg CMC is even better then you might think, because Curtains' Call and Gempalm Polluter are not really 6cmc when you think about it, which leave only Grave Titan, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Rooftop Storm at 6cmc in the deck. I top off with Army of the Damned of course, but that is way to good to remove!
There has been some discussion about removing Rooftop Storm, but it has done VERY good in my experience. My hand is OFTEN full because of all my draw, as well as my opting to use The Scarab God's reanimate instead of casting spells. Rooftop Storm allows me to save many for that ability, which really is a big deal in this deck! I am running 20 zombies, which seems like enough to keep it in.
Daedalus19876: Thanks man! The Scarab God has really allowed for tribal zombies to really be a power-house in commander. Both Grimgrin, Corpse-Born and Gisa and Geralf are good, but they have nothing on the power level of The Scarab God!!!
2 days ago
I apologize for the following novel..:
Like mentioned above, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth would be a great include. Pair that up with Cabal Coffers and you get stupid ramp. I also see that Toxic Deluge is in the maybe board, but I would definitely suggest putting that right into the deck. Super powerful and easy to cast.
He, himself, enables another powerful combo that I think you should include because you include all of the other pieces and redundancy (to an extent) is key. With how the stack works, you can:
- Exile cards off the top of your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put onto the stack
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to continue pumping him up
- Still before allowing the sacrifice trigger to resolve, sac Devourer to Jarad and hit all your opponent(s) for as many cards you had in your deck (similarly to the Necrotic Ooze combo)
2 days ago
A few Meren standards that you may consider:
Relatively affordable stuff:
- Hermit Druid fills your graveyard and help hit land drops
- Evolutionary Leap is a sac outlet that helps get creatures
- Thragtusk / Hornet Queen make good top-end threats that also give you sac fodder.
- Awakening Zone is another Eldrazi spawn producer
- Catacomb Sifter can provide a huge amount of value
- Smothering Abomination also a good value sac outlet that also does double duty with your other self-sacrifice effects
Medium Price stuff:
- Grave Pact is a redundant Dictate of Erebos
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier is a great tutor
- Grave Titan is one of the best threats in Meren
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip I like a lot in Meren. Plus she's in flavor with Nissa.
Also, as just a side note, I love the It That Betrays. I added one of those too. I recognize that in real games it's not really amazing. But it's just so much fun that it gets a slot forever for the random times that it just wrecks everything.
4 days ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
5 days ago
Hi, like yours, my Marchesa deck is more casual, no infinite combos, tutors and alike, I like the idea of putting Grave Titan and Toxic Deluge in my deck, maybe looking at mines you can get some nice ideas, too.
A card that I find amusing is Bearer of the Heavens, once you got your board stabilized, marchesa and a few other creatures, you can throw that guy in, sacrifice him and pass the turn, to have everything get destroyed and then have your creatures come back.
5 days ago
I love zombie Tribal, I am running The Cranberries with an eyepatch... couple suggestions for cards i love in my deck:
Fleshbag Marauder is great, you can sac him as he comes into play, and then if you can recur him, you get a second ETB effect out of him.
Grave Titan although not a Zombie, his ability to create more would sync very nicely with your God, and again, his ETB effect is great when you bring him back.
Sepulchral Primordial -- Again, not a zombie, but he is kinda on theme with pulling creatures out of graves
Rooftop Storm - clutch card if you can get a fist full of zombies and pump them all out at once.
Moonlight Bargain great tutor for a deck with grave recursion, you put the ones you want into your hand, and the zombies can go into your grave to be drawn out later
Reality Shift - Ok, its not zombie themed, but I do mention it as a great way to get rid of pesky indestructible guys.
Liliana's Mastery I dont know how much enchantment destruction your group plays with, but I find this lives longer than any zombie lord I ever play.
6 days ago
Some changes I thought off:
Mishra's Bauble > Sylvan Library much better draw\deck control.
Rescue from the Underworld > Defense of the Heart most likely opponent will have 3 creatures.
Grim Haruspex > Graveborn Muse seems like a better card draw, need to see if I have enough zombies\not too much.
Soul of the Harvest > Grave Titan feels like a good change as I need zombies and I need more creatures for sacrifice.
6 days ago
Merciless Executioner and Grave Titan work wonders in my meren deck u can check it out if u want. Basically you want to fill your graveyard with big creatures and kill small ones and bring them back out in the begining (: