Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may put a quest counter on Beastmaster Ascension.
As long as Beastmaster Ascension has seven or more quest counters on it, creatures you control get +5/+5.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , metalmagic|
|Want (5)||meow7mix , thatdoctorwhoguy , JawnWayne , dustybrush , Silvercloud|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- If there is an ability on your field increasing the power of creatures you control, is a new creature entering the battlefield considered to have the increased power upon entry, or does the effect apply after the card enters?
- Do power/toughness boosts affect creatures in the graveyard?
- What would happen if I cast Full Flowering with Beastmaster Ascension in play and populated 0/0 hydras?
Latest Decks as Commander
Beastmaster Ascension Discussion
1 week ago
Here are some cards you might like: Beast Whisperer, Broodhatch Nantuko, Colossal Majesty, Deep Forest Hermit, Druid's Deliverance, Evolution Sage, Explore, Full Flowering, Gaea's Blessing, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Generous Stray, Giant Adephage, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid (pushing the budget, I know. Just thought I'd throw it out there),Hunter's Insight, Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Rampaging Baloths, Runic Armasaur, Sandwurm Convergence, Second Harvest, Selesnya Eulogist, Seton, Krosan Protector, Shapers' Sanctuary, Snake Umbra, Temur Sabertooth, Verdant Rebirth, Voice of Many.
Figured I'd give you a lot of different choices and you can pick through them for the ones you like.
What I would recommend you do with this deck is turn its focus into a cat and druid tribal deck that incorporates a lot of card draw and token generators along with populate effects. I feel it would bring a lot more synergy to your deck without increasing the price.
IF you ever wanted to break budget a little bit for this deck, I'd suggest maintaining the whole cat/druid/token themes and incorporating a little more of an enchantment focus with cards like Argothian Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Yavimaya Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms, and Setessan Champion. This would both boost your druid count a bit and your card draw significantly. These combined with enchantments like Beastmaster Ascension, Parallel Lives, Season of Growth and auras such as Keen Sense, and Sixth Sense, would net you a lot of value and power.
You might also consider cutting some of your lands like Blighted Woodland, Desert of the Indomitable, Slippery Karst, and maybe 1 or 2 forests, and adding in more ramp cards. I'd suggest maybe a Kodama's Reach and some artifact ramp like a Mind Stone, but I think you should focus most of your ramp on land auras like Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Wolfwillow Haven, and Overgrowth. They'd be really nice if you ever decided to go down the Enchantress route.
I knooow this is long I'm sorry but I just see a lot of cool fun and potential in this deck of yours. :^) I tried to keep my recommendations budget but a few pricier choices might've slipped through. I hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
I always love a big creature, stompy deck in EDH :)
You could also look into adding more win con cards that would synergize with your big creatures. Overwhelming Stampede, Beastmaster Ascension, Aggravated Assault, and Triumph of the Hordes (if you are really nasty) are all common go-wide, explosive cards that can wipe out several opponents if you have a solid board.
Hope some of those help!
3 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 month ago
I encountered a Squirrel Nest deck of all things. It had a bunch of other enchantments including Worship, Mirri's Guile, and Beastmaster Ascension. True jank. But we split games though. Jank sometimes plays on a different axis. I said to someone “A Standard deck is going to shrug off your Chalices and Null Rods.” That isn’t to demean or diminish the deck. Hey! Whatever wins wins and I’m on a quest to find the winningest winner. You get tunnel vision on the format and eventually someone’s gonna come right up to your face, look at it, and give it a solid whack. So I’m sitting on Mindbreak Trap and Misdirection while he’s being me with his 5/6 Birds of Paradise. But it was a split so I got my scalp too.
1 month ago
Anger might be an interesting card to try to give all of your creatures haste so they can attack right after they come in from Warp World. It might be challenging to get it in the bin though... You could always just go for Mass Hysteria or Concordant Crossroads and have the same effect.
Beastmaster Ascension could also be a good finisher; it can come on the field and get activated out of nowhere either with Warp World or ulting your Oathbreaker, especially if they all have haste!
1 month ago
As it is, I don't think this is cEDH as the community describes it. SynergyBuild is a big player of cEDH, so I'd ask his opinion first, but I think what we're looking at here is an optimized casual deck, probably a 6-8 on the EDH power scale. cEDH falls under 9-10.
1 month ago
Guardian Project Llanowar Visionary Luminous Broodmoth Beast Whisperer Nylea, Keen-Eyed Tireless Tracker Knight of Autumn Nyxbloom Ancient Archetype of Endurance Fleetfoot Panther Lifecrafter's Bestiary Cloudstone Curio Garruk's Uprising Primeval Bounty* Beastmaster Ascension
1 month ago
I'm working on a similar build right now with Ghave so I've worked through some kinks myself.
Since you've got some early game minions and token generation I'd look at Beastmaster Ascension. That could get you swinging big mid game and potentially end games early. I was running Cathars' Crusade as well, but I never seemed to get great value out of it so I ended up subbing it out for more ramp.
Best of luck in your build!