|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may put a quest counter on Beastmaster Ascension.
As long as Beastmaster Ascension has seven or more quest counters on it, creatures you control get +5/+5.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||raymaverick97 , tragic_slip , Hootiequack , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Lindough , sonnet666 , Portwood , TheAlmostHero , , Friedrice24 , cryptoplasm , miracle , mziter501 , Atroxreaper , thetechzombie , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , SpaghettiToastBook , rebelteddybear , ironax , DarkMagician , Justinaut , Axtel , gildan_bladeborn , aeonstoremyliver , golgarigirl|
Beastmaster Ascension Discussion
2 days ago
Love Omnath as a commander. He was my second commander I built actually. I'd recommend Tempt with Vengeance in conjunction with Omnath and a sac outlet, you could just win the game. If an opponent is foolish enough to take the offer, you will probably win. Elemental Bond Not only is it on theme, but your 5/5's also say "Draw a card". Evolutionary Leap Another sac outlet Stalking Vengeance Deal 5 more damage when a 5/5 dies Beastmaster Ascension This will allow your already large 5/5's to really end the game Gruul War Chant More 5/5 smash.
Have fun lightning bolting peoples domes off. also, "Not Gruul? THEN DIE!"
2 days ago
Zerjack The original idea about Beastmaster Ascension was to have a late game wincon by turning all your tokens into 6/6. After the few playtesting I've done so far, I found it to be working quite well. In a case where you control a bunch of deathtouch snakes, your opponent is given the choice to either block them and lose his own creatures, or let everything become 6/6 (or more) in two turnes time. That is, of course, if your life total is high enough.
1 week ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
1 week ago
These cards all really help with Ghave things that Ghave does.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Cards I am thinking about adding:
Ajani, Caller of the Pride
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
Ajani, Valiant Protector
Nahiri, the Lithomancer
Oath of Ajani
Waiting in the Weeds
Secure the Wastes
Masterwork of Ingenuity
Green Sun's Zenith
Open the Armory
Let me know what you think??
I am going for a lot of creatures and equipping creatures to make them huge!!
Still need to look into more artifacts, enchantment, sorcery, and instant cards to put in.
Also need help with lands!!!
2 weeks ago
Hey there, I see you got some great suggestions already, but let me still try to suggest a few more.
I think cut out the following and swap for these suggestions:
Then like I said already, I think you got some good suggestions even before me, and I would follow those and cut down that creature count still a bit more. Let me know though if you need any more help!
3 weeks ago
Howlpack Resurgence for buff, Domri Rade for card draw/utility, Cryptolith Rite for ramp, Geier Reach Bandit her flip side is great, Moonlight Hunt for removal, Beastmaster Ascension for a win con. Path of Ancestry as a budget Cavern of Souls?
Sweet build, I've come close to making a werewolf EDH deck, but imagining having to flip cards all game gave me nightmares haha