|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Shaman
, , Discard a creature card: Search your library for a creature card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||rebelteddybear , ibraJG84 , angesoir , Venser_the_Sojoner , Shiromakuro , rikertchu , cklise , Swamy , itheoryz , RileySisay , , MagnaAura , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , asceveris , switchkill65 , prete182 , Justinaut|
|Want (45)||theHopp , kovellen , PatCouturier , mtgmanatee , obitus , darbodeluxe , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , joschang01 , Trompi , Warxuaroz , Killer_Tofu , notsaying , VosslerX , QBrick , buildingadeck , cdgalucard , Vestrinex , sonnet666 , snoopywashere , esplode , ryuzaki32667 , Bicko , CryAll , shoebox , Syram , Hayliiel , Turgenyev , vashaclarens , jessniem , Eschamali , Uncommon_Courtesy , paranoid , 2009rogera , aramlet , jtaddeo , agardels , MagnaAura , Yodatheugly , MADMatt7777 , trolley , toastertree , bonkpoppin , Turtlelover73 , TheHelvault , fireborne1986|
Fauna Shaman Discussion
22 hours ago
@SynergyBuild - That is some pretty sweet tech. I'm gonna have to look into that little guy. Thanks!
@Aiding - Sorry this took awhile, really appreciate the recommendations...let me break them down.
Spore Frog going in as soon as I get one.
Night's Whisper is good, but I dump my hand so fast, and my meta is actually pretty slow, so the three cards ultimately just outweighs it for me personally.
Harmonize on the other hand is strictly better, so it will replace Cravings as soon as I acquire one. :p
Life // Death - Another meta call, board wipes are often at instant speed in my meta due to other effects and getting my entire mana base scrubbed would be devastating.
Both Zeni...Zeniths?...are great, I just don't own them and while I do ramp, it seems little underwhelming unless I buff my ramp package.
Triumph of the Hordes - I absolutely adore giving people poison counters! This has been on the acquire list for awhile, I just haven't gotten there yet. :p
Birthing Pod should be here...just Another case of I yet to own it. Haha.
Dark Prophecy is another card on the acquire list...along with Necropotence I don't really have a budget constraint...I'mjust not gonna pick up something like Gaea's Cradle. Anything under like $50 is probably cool tho.
I actually have Kokusho, the Evening Star in another deck...but he fits much better here. I'll make that swap for sure. What would you take out?
5 days ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 week ago
Nice. Have you considered adding Fauna Shaman, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, maybe even Sheoldred, Whispering One? None of these are cheap, but they can really give some punch to this deck.
Also, since you're playing black, it would be nice to add some tutors to this deck (aside from the ones I mentioned already). If you're looking to not spend overly much on these, I'd recommend Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Beseech the Queen.
Hope any of this helps. Let me know how the deck plays!
1 week ago
This deck looks really fun! Right off the bat, I'd say you should add in Birthing Pod which synergizes with Yisan pretty well. I think Coat of Arms is worth an include as well as Door of Destinies. Feed the Pack is kinda fun, and Defense of the Heart is just really good. Maybe Kindred Summons is worth running. Declare Dominance from Core 19 is a good way to get across a lot of damage by basically making your field unblockable. Thunderfoot Baloth is also worth running, as well as Fauna Shaman in my opinion. Those are just a few suggestions, hope that helps!
2 weeks ago
They are tough early game. I might have to play one turn one tapped which isn’t a big deal. But I normally don’t have issues with tempo loss. They are fantastic to dig into the deck late game and trigger archfiend. If you run enough of them it might be nice to run Life from the Loam.
I run Fauna Shaman as another way to enable archfiend and tutor up utility creatures, a second survival of the fittest albeit a worse one.
You need a nice reanimation package when using survival as well since you’re going to be dumping creatures. I Run the following for reanimation:
You also might want to consider running Necrotic Ooze since you have a tutor package now. You can dump quullspike/Druid into the yard with survival and then go off with ooze.
1 month ago
I've been building a similar deck hadn't thought about the Pili-Pala combo might add it. I have a Ghostly Flicker and a Fauna Shaman in mine. Flicker combos with drake and witness effects for infinite mana. I use Shaman to find Timestream Navigator and equip it with Lightning Greaves to take infinite turns.
1 month ago
First off; nice Meren deck! My wife plays a very nice version of it too (you can find it here: Meren's Returning Army).
Second: you're still missing a card; you're allowed 100 instead of 99.
- I would really recommend adding some cards that allow you to dredge. With Meren out, you can then quickly get to the creatures you need. Cards like Hermit Druid and Life from the Loam are exceptionally powerful at this.
- Living Death; with a well-populated graveyard, this card can basically end games in your favor.
- Attrition; combined with Meren, makes it easy for you to zap stuff without really losing anything.
- Deathreap Ritual; for your deck, this means almost guaranteed extra card-draw at every one of your end steps + in all likely hood more draw at the end of every opponent's turn.
- Fauna Shaman; discard a creature, look for a creature in your library, then use Meren at the end of your turn to return the discarded creature to your hand or even to the battlefiend; win-win.
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest; pumps up everything you have with every sacrifice (including those made by opponents).
Hope this helps you. I wish you good luck at brewing and playing this deck.
p.s.: I would appreciate your feedback on my deck(s) as well, should you have the time and inclination to give some.
1 month ago
You've created an interesting deck here. You've got some nice draw and tutor options to get the combo cards you need to pull off a win. I would like to offer some suggestions on this front. I was wondering if you had considered to add or use Fauna Shaman, Ring of Three Wishes or Scroll Rack instead of some of the options you are currently using. Keep up the great deck-brewing.