Creature — Elf Scout
: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Llanowar Scout occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Llanowar Scout Discussion
6 days ago
Looks good so far! You might like these: Psychosis Crawler , Chasm Skulker , Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix , Krosan Wayfarer , Sakura-Tribe Scout , Skyshroud Ranger , Llanowar Scout , Walking Atlas , Budoka Gardener , Terrain Generator , Chakram Retriever , Stone-Seeder Hierophant , Elvish Archdruid , Priest of Titania , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Wirewood Channeler
1 week ago
Ok, Profet93, here we go on some card evaluation.
Bag of Holding : I've had this card actually do good work for me. Having the mana up to activate it usually isn't a problem, and it's easy to dump a bunch of lands in a turn, get the back, and dump them again. It's fun, and I like it, so I'll probably be keeping it. That, and getting as many effects to return chunks of discarded lands to my hand is good for this deck.
Grafted Exoskeleton : I could live without it. I thought that it would help provide another quick win condition towards the end of a game, but I think a better fit would be something like Illusionist's Bracers , which would double up the activations.
Horizon Spellbomb : Most likely was put in there as a low-budget option in the original list, and could probably be upgraded. It's low CMC, gets ammo into the hand, and can draw a card to replace itself. But it's easy to live without.
Summer Bloom : This one stays. Running this many lands, it doesn't whiff.
Rites of Spring : Open to suggestions.
Mulch : It's ok. I usually hit at least 2 lands with it, but I admit I could replace it.
Beneath the Sands : Gets one land, or draws a card, so it's never dead. But it could be better. Open to suggestions.
I do have some thoughts on adding some more draw/ramp, but I'm staying budget here, so no Exploration , Burgeoning , Oracles or that other stupid expensive elf. I'm thinking along the lines of Mina and Denn, Wildborn , Font of Mythos , Llanowar Scout , Sakura-Tribe Scout , and things like this. I do believe I will splurge for a copy of Life from the Loam .
As for card draw spells, I want to shy away from sacrificing BoBo to get the effect, since his CMC is so high to start with. Return of the Wildspeaker will be good, but more is needed. May have to get another copy of Rishkar's Expertise , and also Keen Sense . I plan on adding Creeping Renaissance , too.
These are my thoughts so far, and I'm open to other suggestions, too. Thanks for all the help!
pokey, those are good points, and worth considering, but I don't know how much I'll net land cards through his damage trigger. Wheel effects might be worth considering, though, so thank you for those suggestions!
2 months ago
I'm in the early stages of a landfall/creature ETB combo build. There's a nice combo, which would actually work in any Blue/Green deck, but given Chulane's penchant for ETB combos, I feel it's worth mentioning. You'll need a bounce-land in hand (another reason for running this in a 3-colour deck, as you get access to two additional bounce-lands), and it can theoretically win on T3:
Turn 2: Land, Whichever of Altar/Crab OR Sak/Sky you didn't play T1, OR Llanowar Scout (if you didn't play Sak/Sky T1)
Turn 3: Land, Retreat to Coralhelm
1) tap Sakura/Skyshroud/Llanowar to put down bounce-land
2) target bounce-land with its own ability, target Sak/Sky/Llan with Coralhelm untap
3) bounce-land returns to hand, Sak/Sky/Llan untap
4) go back to 1), with Altar/Crab milling your opponent(s) every time the land enters
There's a good level of redundancy for the combo pieces, which are all CMC 3 or less. There's a similar build using Arboreal Grazer , Cloudstone Curio , Lotus Cobra / Amulet of Vigor , and Altar/Crab, which does not require a bounce-land, and would work in any green deck:
Turn 1: Land, Grazer - put a land into play tapped
Turn 2: Land, Cloudstone
Turn 3: Cobra/Amulet, Land (bounce a tapped land with Cloudstone), Altar/Crab, Other CMC 2 or less creature (if you didn't play Cobra or Crab)
1) bounce Grazer from Cobra/Crab/Other entering with Cloudstone, recast Grazer
2) Grazer enters, bounces itself with Cloudstone, put down a land from Grazer etb, bounce a tapped land with Cloudstone
3) Altar/Crab mills opponent(s), use mana from Cobra's landfall OR from the land you put down (if untapped by Amulet) to recast the Grazer, go to 2).
Both combos require 4 pieces excluding (basic) lands, and rely on a unique 3-drop. However, the latter uses cards which, in my opinion, synergise better with Chulane by default. Plus the artifacts can be tutored for with Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage . That said, the first combo is significantly cheaper monetarily since you don't need Cloudstone or Cobra/Amulet.
Hope my ramblings help inspire something, cheers.
3 months ago
And Hedron Crab would be a nice Win-Con with this combo.
I'm running this combo in my Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle EDH Deck.
4 months ago
Burgeoning Exploration Solemn Simulacrum Skyshroud Claim Nature's Lore Farseek Abundance Sylvan Library Gush Kodama's Reach Sakura-Tribe Elder Sporemound Mana Breach Overburden Wood Elves Yavimaya Elder Llanowar Scout Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip Burnished Hart Farhaven Elf Explore Splendid Reclamation Nissa's Renewal Boundless Realms Nissa's Pilgrimage Animist's Awakening Far Wanderings Life from the Loam Grow from the Ashes Collective Voyage Horn of Greed Ghirapur Orrery Rites of Flourishing Into the Wilds Temple of the False God Myriad Landscape Amulet of Vigor Ghost Town Urban Evolution The Mending of Dominaria Thawing Glaciers Cultivate Sylvan Ranger Manabond Skyshroud Ranger Coral Atoll Ensnare Fathom Seer Flooded Shoreline Meloku the Clouded Mirror Parallax Tide Planar Overlay Storm Cauldron Tidal Bore Thwart Trade Routes Tragic Lesson Uyo, Silent Prophet
4 months ago
I too am I big fan of lands matters decks. I like your reasoning for wingrace over gitrog and completely agree with you.
I’ll put my feedback into some panels to make it look nicer.
Nice deck. Have a +1
4 months ago
So if I understand the infinite combo correctly, you have to enchant both the Oboro Breezecaller and the Llanowar Scout with Freed from the Real in order to get this combo working properly with the Simic Growth Chamber . Please let me know if I didn’t understand that properly, as I quite like this deck idea. I don’t know if it will be fast enough to deal with the current Pauper meta, especially if opponents will be breaking pieces of the combo once they know how it works, but it does look fun.
4 months ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980