|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Ooze
: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, put a +1/+1 counter on Scavenging Ooze and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (50)||, ibraJG84 , switchkill65 , ironax , PhyrexianScience , Mousemke , AlertKnave8075 , thetechzombie , TheRealPeaches , hwagner , perrin515 , tragic_slip , REV666 , gosora , Tiddilywinkus , hobbes131 , CoolBeansBrattah , pskinn01 , unnaturalelementals , Poptartz95 , CAPT.Shock , Kvothe1115 , Matgic , Dr_Jay , HR19 , Sergal , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , FoamEagle , Dawnsly , Auriel , sirbar , TehDelta , GoldGhost012 , cryptoplasm , joshw335 , TheDuggernaught , DrLitebur , mziter501 , jtaddeo , vashaclarens , firemind12 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rockleemyhero , abby315 , DarkMagician , mcstang1986 , Big-Foot , bakeraj4 , maR2307|
|Want (6)||Bovine073 , twospires , Shotgunbunny , clayperce , ChessRuler , Vergil_Redgrail|
Scavenging Ooze Discussion
QKey on BUG Midrange
4 hours ago
For the SB:Engineered Explosives seems a bit random. i would run an additional Damnation. 2 Kitchen Finks will not make a big difference versus burn, as well as Disdainful Stroke and Countersquall, i would replace those with 3 Spell Pierce the one Maelstrom Pulse and 2 Obstinate Baloth
For detailed sideboarding plans, i would suggested some rl talking.
2 days ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
3 days ago
Ok from the original rendition I have removed;
--Added Plainswalker--Ob Nixilis Reignited
-Removed Instants-Executioner's Swing
--Added Instants--Ready / Willing
5 days ago
It loses to Rest in Peace effects including Leyline of the Void, creature theft like Gilded Drake, and extraction effects on Dakmor Salvage (especially Praetor's Grasp because that way you can't take it back via Riftsweeper). Cursed Totem/Linvala, Keeper of Silence will also slow down Gitrog considerably, especially Linvala because it's so hard to remove with our particular removal suite.
Those are the "special tech" against the combo itself, but really the most glaring weakness of the deck is removing Gitrog when it hits the table or countering it. The main goal for Gitrog is to have a discard outlet and the general on the field at the same time, so it's important to make sure that never happens. Gitrog also is a very powerful value engine, which is why it should be removed as soon as it lands, as getting extra draws and dredges can quickly win the game for her. In short, run more cheap creature removal and cheap board wipes.
Instant-speed grave hate works as well, but it's harder to pull off and you will need more than one instance of it. Scavenging Ooze helps here, as you can repeatedly try removing Dakmor or Kozilek in response to the shuffles depending on the situation. Mainly your target should be Kozilek, but if you're sure the Gitrog pilot can't put any lands to the graveyard in response to your exiling activations, then go ahead and target Dakmor instead. Just remember that the pilot will have more and more resources to nullify any exiling effects targeting Dakmor the more lands they draw, so be sure to target Dakmor immediately when they start going off if that is your goal.
6 days ago
Finally a card I recommend to almost every deck with white in it, Austere Command, man do I love that card.
1 week ago
Also, if youre runming into a lot of graveyard strategies maybe run Bojuka Bog
1 week ago
What about Kirby as Scavenging Ooze since they both like to eat.
2 weeks ago
Do you have a budget to get fetchlands? Wild Nacatl is really good in this deck, even if you're not playing any white cards. They trigger your Experiment Ones more consistently and create a faster clock. The only thing you need is around 8 fetchlands, a single Temple Garden, and a single Sacred Foundry.
I've found Goblin Bushwhacker to be kind of "meh" in this deck because it can be difficult to get the if you don't have a Manamorphose. Flinthoof Boar can be cast off of Burning-Tree Emissary and Hidden Herbalists, so I'd suggest that as the replacement.
I disagree with Vexing Devil. You don't have the slots. You're also a deck that can't really do much past turn 4 if you haven't won the game. Giving your opponent choices with Vexing Devil means they can pace their resources to prolong the game.
Lastly, the sideboard: Affinity is your worst matchup, by far. 4 Destructive Revelry is mandatory. You may even want to add in some Ancient Grudges (depending on your meta). These also do double duty against Tron and Infect (hits Inkmoth Nexus), your other terrible matchups. The rest of your sideboard can be land destruction, Blood Moons, uncounterable bullshit/control hate, and Scavenging Oozes. If you have the white for Wild Nacatl, Condemn, Stony Silence, and Path to Exile are also options.