|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Add , , or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||thetechzombie , ibraJG84 , bigc137 , CastleSiege , gildan_bladeborn , Justinaut|
|Want (6)||Turtlelover73 , acbooster , jtaddeo , darthnuchi , bakeraj4 , Mrbiscuit22|
Fire-Lit Thicket Discussion
3 weeks ago
...FOR NON BUDGET
While these are more expensive, they are the better kinds of mana fixing you can find for EDH
Alpha Duals are another consideration but they are over 100$ a piece, outside of most peoples budget. Same goes for Gaea's Cradle.
Lastly, some of these are cheap and some are not, but every EDH deck should have some utility lands like the ones you have in Rogues Passage and Kher Keep. Some other ones are-
Barren Moor and other mono colored cycle lands
Raging Ravine and other creature lands
1 month ago
OK, thanks, Spazik008. I'll stick with just one for now, since I'd much rather run the risk of not having enough to cast Kiki on time than the risk of having a Fire-Lit Thicket and a Krosan Verge in my opening hand and not be able to cast anything.
1 month ago
SCORE: 1 | 19 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
It recently occurred to me to add Fire-Lit Thicket to the above deck to help with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker's onerous colour requirements but I could use some input on what people think is the ideal number of filter-lands to run.
3 months ago
6 months ago
Sweet deck! A few suggestions would be to eliminate the lands the enter the battle field tapped, they slow the deck down. Kazandu Refuge and Rugged Highlands aren't worth the gaining of one life to enter tapped. I'd run Fire-Lit Thicket and Mossfire Valley instead.
6 months ago
I love the concept! It's a hilarious deck, especially outside of competitive tournaments. I ran a few playtests, and found that the deck struggled with its mana early game between Groundbreaker and Ball Lightning. Usually you'd have two of one color and a basic land of another, making it impossible to cast either of the two. I would suggest running some filter-lands like Fire-Lit Thicket to help pay for the tricky triple-costs. That way you can be trampling and hasting your opponents to death faster!
6 months ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
8 months ago
There's a piece on Card Formatting in the Formatting tips linked at the bottom of every Comment window.
But here's the short version:
Fire-Lit Thicket: Shadowmoor
[[Fire-Lit Thicket (SHM)]]: Shadowmoor [[Fire-Lit Thicket]]: Whatever the most recent set it ... in this case Expedition ... of note though it's at the wrong price because it's not foiled [[Fire-Lit thicket *F*]]: Expedition, at the right price.
Fire-Lit Thicket: Whatever the most recent set it ... in this case Expedition ... of note though it's at the wrong price because it's not foiled
Fire-Lit Thicket: Expedition, at the right price.