|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Chandra, the Firebrand
Planeswalker — Chandra
+1: Chandra, the Firebrand deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
-2: When you cast your next instant or sorcery spell this turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
-6: Chandra, the Firebrand deals 6 damage to each of up to six target creatures and/or players.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||ironax , gildan_bladeborn , jstn.mrrtt , jhTheMan99 , perrin515 , warcry02 , NOGzFTW , hippienproud , Nemesis , Justinaut , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , Fullmetalmage , Dredgar , Pelli , Mousemke , Myllyes314 , DruneGrey , PhotogenicParasympathetic , pskinn01 , saidypoo , Shiromakuro , dplerner , metljoe , Fairseas , Epidilius , philktoken8998 , mziter501 , Xunfor6iv3nX|
|Want (4)||Kravian , KB2187 , gamerhat , SirFowler|
Chandra, the Firebrand Discussion
1 month ago
2: Where are Polyraptor, Forerunner of the Empire, Pyrohemia, Etali, Primal Storm, Gishath, Sun's Avatar, Knight of the Stampede, Raging Regisaur, Ripjaw raptor , Siegehorn Ceratops, Silverclad Ferocidons, Temple Altisaur, or Trapjaw Tyrant?
2 months ago
As far as what to cut that's more so playing the card. What I can sagest many cards as you are over choose that many put them to the side and play test the deck . The more you play test the more you will be able to see man I wish I had x card in my hand instead of card y. As for now I would recommend taking out As Foretold as much as I love this card it kind of does nothing in your deck. If you get it early it plays nothing for free and if you get it late game at that point you should already have the mana to play the spells. It has a 20 $ price tag but getting your hands on a Mana Vault is amazing. It's kinda hard for me to give card advice without playing the deck or playing against the deck. I have also been playing for almost 15 years so my budget is most likely different then yours as I have access to a lot of older cards and my friends and I happen to be a bit more competitive. Brain storm can replace a lot of the can trips even if you have an Evolving Wilds that can shuffle the cards you put back away. Also an amazing powerful and cheap card is Mystic Remora it is an awesome card draw engine. Also Paradox Engine if you can get one and a board of like 3-6 rocks in play it's awesome. Also the plains walkers area is just way to one sided. I would replace Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker I would replace with Koth of the Hammer. Chandra, the Firebrand or Chandra Ablaze. Also I would take out Thraximundar he is amazing but not for this deck. Also Crosis, the Purger does what your commander does. Also Dark Petition is a must I think in a deck based off spells. I don't see Dragon Tempest doing much in a deck like this. considering you don't have many creatures. Talrand, Sky Summoner can help you stay alive.
4 months ago
4 months ago
5 months ago
5 months ago
6 months ago
7 months ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!