|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Chandra, the Firebrand
Planeswalker — Chandra
+1: Chandra, the Firebrand deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
-2: When you cast your next instant or sorcery spell this turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
-6: Chandra, the Firebrand deals 6 damage to each of up to six target creatures and/or players.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||ironax , gildan_bladeborn , perrin515 , warcry02 , NOGzFTW , hippienproud , Nemesis , dplerner , Brandamn , mziter501 , DruneGrey , Justinaut , Mousemke , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , Fullmetalmage , Dredgar , Pelli , PhotogenicParasympathetic , philktoken8998 , Myllyes314|
|Want (4)||Kravian , KB2187 , gamerhat , Candyman949|
Chandra, the Firebrand Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
3 months ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
5 months ago
jason31502 Yeah I've tested my version of Narset at my last local Commander Tourney. I got a lot of hate from those who played against it. There was even a situation where Narset was destroyed I was about to die due to infect from a creature with Sword of Feast and Famine and Sword of Fire and Ice on it next turn but I used Long-Term Plans few turns prier and had a Chandra, the Firebrand out with 2 loyalty counters. I -2'd Chandra and played Time-stretch..... My opponents scooped after that xD
6 months ago
Combos well with instants & sorceries:Arcane Savant Baral, Chief of Compliance Chandra, the Firebrand Charmbreaker Devils Docent of Perfection Dualcaster Mage Dynavolt Tower Eyes of the Watcher Gelectrode Melek, Izzet Paragon Metallurgic Summonings Nivix Cyclops Narset, Enlightened Master Prescient Chimera Riku of Two Reflections Snapcaster Mage Sphinx-Bone Wand Talrand, Sky Summoner Thermo-Alchemist Young Pyromancer Also, literally anything with the keywords Prowess or Storm, and almost all cards with an Izzet mark
And my favorite:Guttersnipe
6 months ago
Rite of the Raging Storm can help lower life totals.
Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Cathartic Reunion, Staff of Nin, Loreseeker's Stone and Daretti, Scrap Savant. These are all card draw, and red generally needs all the help it can get. Bonus to Staff, Daretti and Stone for being repeatable. Plus, Staff pings. Daretti also does all the artifact goofiness, which generally gets you some value, even if you don't primarily use artifacts.
Blasphemous Act is one of red's best sweepers. It always does work for me.
Cascading Cataracts and Darksteel Citadel are great in decks that destroy lands.