Creature — Dinosaur
Whenever Raging Regisaur attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Raging Regisaur Discussion
7 months ago
Awesome list, i have taken some notes for when i start retooling my own gishath deck.
But there are some inclusions I myself have experienced to be underwhelming and was wondering what you thought about them.
Bellowing Aegisaur: Does he work as occasional +1/+1 counter placements or do you have multiple activations when you use him. I myself find the occasional trigger to be underwhelming, and not doing much for 6 mana. And when i can use something like Pyrohemia he does not protect himself.
Burning Sun's Avatar: Have been very disappointed with this one, tough to cast due to its cmc and triple red. Bolting a creature and a player seems very limited for 6 mana, and even when its cheated into play it seems underwhelming for a card slot when something like Apex Altisaur could remove multiple threats. And a 6/6 without trample is underwhelming as well in my opinion :/.
Deathgorge Scavenger: How often do you meet graveyard decks, because without that interaction it seems very limited in its use.
Raging Regisaur: I have been on the fence with this, it is a very nice trigger on a dinosaur body. But the amount of enrage targets are limited and - at least in my meta, a 4/4 will rarely be able to attack anyone without dying to one of their larger blockers. Killing an X/1 is nice, but the difficulty of having it attack without dying is a bit tough.
Raging Swordtooth: Same case as above, but i like this less. It triggers only once, which means it needs a lot of setup for getting a lot of enrage triggers. An army of 1/1 seems uncommon, most token decks will have something to buff them. A possible swap could be Staff of Nin it gives card draw and a nice way to trigger enrage, although at a higher cmc and no way of cheating it into play.
Siegehorn Ceratops: How has this performed for you? I find it very hard to trigger it the first time with only 1 damage. And even if it gets buffed it is just a big beater without trample. I really like the card and want to include it, but its hard to justify.
Territorial Allosaurus: Is a 5/5 for 4 with a possible fight ability really worth it, feels there are better options available.
Trapjaw Tyrant: Have shown to be very risky. Some setup is required to trigger the enrage, and even if the problems are removed, they will come right back when the board is cleared. And then one have to take care of those problems again with an empty board.
And what do you think about some of these cards?
Domri, Anarch of Bolas: Can be removal, ramp and buff.
Samut, the Tested Can give gishath double strike and enable enrage.
Aura Shards Can wipe most creatures from opponents boards when casting dinosaurs, and commander can be a board wipe when casting.
Shaman en-Kor for moving enrage triggers
1 year ago
I think these could be some good cuts
Wakening Sun's Avatar because it's crazy expensive and I think you would do better with a damage board wipe. Plus it won't trigger if you cast it with your general. Arcbond , Hour of Devastation , and Savage Twister were some that I found that could fit well in this deck.
Raging Regisaur because it looked pretty weak compared to some of your other dinos. I feel like if I was playing this deck and I drew this or had the option to cast it from the deck it would be lackluster, might even prefer to draw a land.
Dinosaur Stampede because you've already got scary Dino's and it looks like you could really use more land.
And I would also pull Ashnod's Altar and Goblin Bombardment because I wouldn't really want to sacrifice any dino's. I would take both out and add in land, or maybe some other artifact ramp, idk what though.
That would put your land count at 37 which is a waaaay better draw rate for lands. All that being said this deck looks cool as shit. I like the cards you have in here for untapping your general to reuse his ability +1.
1 year ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
1 year ago
Rampaging Ferocidon feels like its better in the side.
regisaur alpha if your ramping i think more than 1 would be better
Cherished Hatchling just doesn't do enough. its a 1 turn flash fight.
Raging Regisaur Seems pretty strong think you should give it a test
Reckless Rage Could be a good way to trigger Enrage
Lightning Bolt Just a great card
Garruk Wildspeaker Good if you want to ramp to big dinos also
Kessig Wolf Run just a amazing land to have 1 or 2 of in the deck
Birds of Paradise Just better than Llanowar Elves.
2 years ago
- +Burning Sun's Avatar
- +Bellowing Aegisaur
- +Forerunner of the Empire
- +Needletooth Raptor
- +Priest of the Wakening Sun
- +Raging Regisaur
- +Runic Armasaur
- +Territorial Allosaurus
- +Thrashing Brontodon
- +Wayward Swordtooth
- +Elemental Bond
- +Kindred Boon
- +Warstorm Surge
- +Beast Within
- +Swords to Plowshares
- +Blasphemous Act
- +Explosive Vegetation
- +Titanic Ultimatum
- +Bow of Nylea
- +Staff of Nin
- +Sheltered Thicket
- +Kessig Wolf Run
- +Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- +Temple of Plenty
- +Clifftop Retreat
2 years ago
I really like the deck. Dinosaurs are by far my top fave tribe. Zacama was someone I thought about making my commander, but I just never did.
Ask for spells; some good enrage enablers are Pyrohemia, Raging Regisaur, and Raging Swordtooth. Some other spells would be Desert Sandstorm, Fiery Confluence, Hurly-Burly, Rain of Embers, Rain of Blades, Shake the Foundations, Seismic Shudder, Volcanic Spray, or Tremor.
If you want to have a lot of fun with enrage, give your creatures indestructable and go to town. Vivien Reid, Dauntless Escort, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Gideon's Phalanx, Make a Stand, Rootborn Defenses, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Boros Charm, Heroic Intervention, and Soul of New Phyrexia.
I personally have a Gishath deck: Ixalan Park (#1 Gishath Commander) V.2.0
I didn't go the full blown enrage mode, but I might give that a try. Hope my suggestions helped.
2 years ago
My other thoughts are that you might want more haste effects to let Gishath and others drop and swing the same turn, and that you might want to add more card draw or card advantage in case Gishath gets imprisoned somehow.
Also a possibility are damage-dealing board wipes, which would trigger enrage and possibly not even clear all your own creatures.
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Lightning Greaves
- Heirloom Blade - cheap and can provide card advantage; there are admittedly better options at higher budgets
- Blasphemous Act
- Wave of Reckoning
- Boros Charm
- Heroic Intervention - keep those dinos alive
- Pounce and other "Fights target creature" cards (I see you already have Savage Stomp which is probably the best for your deck)
- Kindred Summons - Drop it after a Regisaur Alpha to close out the game
- Rishkar's Expertise and similar draw spells (many in the Selvala list you played with the other day: Selvala, Omnipotent)
- Verdant Sun's Avatar - mana intensive for what it brings
- Burning Sun's Avatar - no flicker package here, so the value isn't great
- Gruul Charm - mildly useful but fairly situational
- Trace of Abundance I agree you need ramp, but this one doesn't really help with fixing, which you will want in a 3 color deck.
- Raging Regisaur doesn't look like it'll bring enough value in this format
2 years ago
I would add Regisaur Alphas in place of the Raging Regisaurs. If you ramp right you play Alpha turn 3, Ghalta turn 4. Also, I would run 4 Drover of the Mighty and 2 Otepec Huntmaster instead of the other way around. I took my dino deck to a GP and did fairly well with these cards. Regisaur turn 3 Ghalta turn 4 usually makes them scoop...