|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Whenever Raging Regisaur attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Raging Regisaur Discussion
2 weeks ago
I run 4x Otepec Huntmaster and 4x Drover of the Mighty in my build but my goal is different. Trying to cast Ghalta, Primal Hunger with haste and a fling in hand is a lot different than trying to abuse enrage :)
The reason I run both is because they DO die to a sneeze... or targeted removal. I would much rather they used their fatal pushes and lightning strikes on my dorks than on my turn 3 ranging raptors. If they don't take it out it makes for explosive turn 3 plays with either ripjaw raptor or Raging Regisaur.
I only run ripjaw and ranging when it comes to enrage, but their triggers have fueled the deck to this point.
I'd almost always rather have the huntmaster than the drover in my deck, both are welcome but haste enabler makes for a much more aggresive turn 3/4.
2 weeks ago
I know your starting out so here are some cheap recommendations to improve. You might be able to get these cards for free by going to a store that gives away free commons/uncommons.
Drover of the Mighty, Kinjalli's Caller, Otepec Huntmaster, Savage Stomp, Ranging Raptors, Steadfast Armasaur, Ravenous Daggertooth, Raging Regisaur, Raging Swordtooth, Territorial Hammerskull, and Thrashing Brontodon.
then work on the instant, sorceries, and enchantments. Maybe add more "fight" type effects to take advantage of enrage triggers like Setessan Tactics, ]Savage Punch, Ambuscade etc etc.
I would remove Consulate Skygate, Fanatical Firebrand, Gleaming Barrier, Goblin Trailblazer, Lobber Crew, Orazca Raptor, and Sun Sentinel to start
2 weeks ago
The 2 copies I ran out of lack of better options have actually won me a couple games because they make your 3 drop Ranging Raptors into a legitimate threat, and if cast on Ripjaw Raptor it closes out games quick. It forces them to deal with those creatures or risk facing down Ghalta AND friends. Also makes casting Ghalta by turn 5 a really easy.
In an effort to reduce costs and speed things up a little I have been testing 2x Raging Regisaur in my main while moving all but 1 Carnage Tyrant to the sideboard. Its been working out well. Having it hit turn 3 and swing for 4 while taking out a 1 toughness blocker is nice and if it sticks around it triggers your enrage raptors each turn. Just some more food for thought.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
oshen Those are good examples if the deck did go jund! I like it, but not for this list :)
Jimmy_Chinchila Thanks! I agree, that Raging Regisaur is very useful, and wayward hasn't been pulling its weight much, i'll tweak the board and include some Regisaurs. And yes, definately some carnage action needed.
1 month ago
jdarmstrong135 Actually, I put in the basics cause I wasn't sure about the proper ratio of the check lands and bicycle lands. Plus, basics work better with Raging Raptor.
nephlymio The thing is, Bellowing Aegisaur is expensive at 6 mana for a 3/5, especially if I take Drover. As to your other point, I can definitely see taking out the Regisaur Alpha for either Raging Swordtooth or more Raging Regisaur.
1 month ago
I like your list, havent seen any others yet. Looks really solid, especially as a way to transition my Naya deck with the new set.
Raging Regisaur is a nice way to trigger Enrage you might consider over Wayward, good to reliably trigger Ranging Raptors. I do miss Carnage Tyrant, if you make a Sideboard a couple could be good to bring in against Control. Otepec Huntmaster even as a 2x over Wayward can almost more reliably ramp as the cost reduction can let you get a couple casts per turn later game vs an extra land that only gives 1 towards cost total. It dies to combo but at that point youve won. I guess it comes down to how much you want to rely on the combo to win vs going up curve steadily.
1 month ago
TheDeckMaker2300: I actually have a huge update coming to the deck next Friday. I'm adding 19 cards to the deck.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion: Flavor and she's my favorite planeswalker.
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn: Zetalpa is a primal and is a must.
- Frilled Deathspitter: Deals 2 damage to the face.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger: Ghalta is a primal and is a must.
- Etali, Primal Storm: Etali is a primal and is a must.
- Farseek: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Spoils of Victory: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Nature's Lore: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Kavu Lair: A cheaper Garruk's Packleader.
- Forerunner of the Empire: Enrage trigger and tutor.
- Polyraptor: A great enrage card.
- Pyrohemia: Enrage trigger.
- Siegehorn Ceratops: A 2 drop that gets huge fast.
- Zacama, Primal Calamity: A huge 9/9 with amazing abilities! A great commander too.
- Trapjaw Tyrant: Enrage creature that's removal.
- Wayward Swordtooth: A nice 5/5 that acts as mana ramp.
- Silverclad Ferocidons: A nice enrage creature that's removal.
- Raging Regisaur: A okay enrage enabler, but is a 4 drop.
- Knight of the Stampede: A huge reducer on a creature.