|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Thopter Spy Network
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control an artifact, put a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Whenever one or more artifact creatures you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||ironax , ninjasupahsquid , Yawkcorb , PhotogenicParasympathetic , jstn.mrrtt , silvereh , chrishuffman95 , rikertchu , marcus638 , Metaphisyk , philktoken8998 , TThors , mziter501 , Mortiferus_Rosa , ZombieFood , Ellyreia , Friedrice24 , Famicomania , cryptoplasm , Snydog17 , frederiklw|
|Want (19)||Shadowpunch23 , metalevolence , Georgez96 , VaultTechy , esplode , CaptianClueless , ivaggione , CryAll , xander025 , Hakira , eastly , adb_slayer , Tortuous_TG18 , Turtlelover73 , kvfd1719 , Radish , bbtancakes , Talonisnthavingit , correcthorsebatterystaple|
Thopter Spy Network Discussion
4 days ago
Throne of the God-Pharaoh is really good for full board swings especially in big multiplayer EDH. You also might like Genesis Chamber and Myr Battlesphere to make more 1/1 Myrs fast and have a nice beater later on alongside Thopter Assembly. If your deck lends itself to playing even more artifacts you might wanna check out Thopter Spy Network and Efficient Construction.
Looking at Edric decks for ideas, you might want to try running budget extra turn spells to finish off games with full swings like Temporal Trespass, Part the Waterveil, Karn's Temporal Sundering (needs a legend out), and even Timestream Navigator. Down the line you'd probably want Walk the Aeons.
Lastly, some other mono-blue goodies, Fact or Fiction, Abjure, Deprive, Toothy, Imaginary Friend, Dreamscape Artist, Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar, Imprisoned in the Moon, Monastery Siege, and Mystic Remora.
1 week ago
Oh completely forgot about your comment Woiteck sorry ! I really don't have an opinion about Efficient Construction it just seems not that strong in my case ( Also im gonna cheat out most of the artifacts in my games and put into play effects do not trigger in that case) . Thopter Spy Network instead is pretty useful i think. Basically same as Myr Turbine just with an additional draw trigger when playing offensive. Any clue what i should cut for that ? Astral Cornucopia and Energy Chamber : Really don't wanna go in that direction. Eventhough you could go for Lux Cannon, i don't think this will work out that great. Not worth what i would need to get them into play in my eyes.
1 week ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
1 week ago
Since you run many artifacts, I'd suggest:
Whirler Rogue because being able to make any one crature unblockable is good and political too.
Whir of Invention to tutor on the battlefield.
Efficient Construction to get more artifacts that fly and can block/attack for free.
Padeem, Consul of Innovation because then they can't touch this.
Mechanized Production because it produces free tokens and it's a win condition regardless of the crature you enchant.
Sharding Sphinx because it produces huge amounts of thopters.
Thopter Spy Network for thopter and draw.
I'd consider cutting off some of the sorceries you got there in favor of some of the cards I listed in order to be even more artifact centric. If you got time, feel free to check out the decks on my profile!
2 weeks ago
Thopter Spy Network seems good, if you can tolerate some thopters in with your golems. Drawing cards off combat is good.
Anointed Procession to double up on your golem tokens.
Nim Deathmantle is a fine recursion tool for your splicers and other token producers, and if you don't mind combo and have the cash for one, throw in Ashnod's Altar and make all the tokens. Continuing on the path of blowing your budget, All Is Dust would be pretty sweet once you have a good artifact board presence.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
For starters, if you're playing blue and want cards you play Consecrated Sphinx. Your commander's only text could be "every time there's a sphinx destroy it" and you'd still run Consecrated Sphinx, it's that good.
This deck is pretty light on recursion. I find Memory Jar is an absolute monster, but I dunno if Junk Diver and Hanna are gonna cut it. Something to consider if you ever find yourself running more cards that could bring it or the cards it pitches back from the graveyard.