|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose one -
*Abrade deals 3 damage to target creature.
*Destroy target artifact.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
12 hours ago
Thanks for testing the deck for me itachi45!! That's awesome to hear. I will do some playtesting of my own against your deck. I recently cut the second Push for Abrade to better my chances against Hollow One and still have removal for Aggro. If Infect becomes more problematic/prevalent in my meta I could see going back to Push.
It's a pretty even-ish match-up. Depends on how much removal I draw into. Grim Lavamancer and Anger of the Gods come to mind for sideboard options. Bloodbraid Elf is pretty bad in this match-up so I would probably board 3 BBE for 2 Anger and Lavaman.
3 days ago
2 weeks ago
Abrade isn't standard legal anymore, just a heads up.
2 weeks ago
That would depend on what way you want to go. You could go more human route since most of your creatures are humans. If that is the case i would remove Earthshaker Khenra I previously suggested for Champion of the Parish or Non Human Goblin Guide would fit in here pretty well possibly in the angel spot to make it just more agro early turn.
I am not sure if I like Dauntless Bodyguard in here after second look it just feels slow since your a rush down deck. you need something faster. Guide in that spot works well as well as Glory-Bound Initiate
Personally I am not a fan of Cartouche of Solidarity as turn 1-3 that mana could be used for a creature.
You could also go lighter on the spells, and include Thalia, Guardian of Thraben which screws over a lot of decks that are heavy on spells.
Chained to the Rocks Could a be decent card if you have mountains consistently and face a lot of creature decks.
As for side Rest in Peace, and Stony Silence is good. If there is budget restrictions maybe can work on a more budget side. Tormod's Crypt, or Relic of Progenitus are both really good also and possibly better in budget. Abrade is also good side budget.
2 weeks ago
Ok, so after my latest modern tournament I decided some modification of my creature base and sideboard was needed. I unfortunately am going to bid farewell to Guttersnipe for now. I think I may have overestimated his play-ability in modern. I think for casual and counter top he is an absolute no-brainer but his cost is rather prohibitive for a competitive build such as mine. It honestly bums me out a bit removing him from the deck. Hinging anything on a low health creature staying in the field is always a risk when you have such interactive gameplay in the meta.
Now present in his place is one more copy of Delver of Secrets Flip(again, that cost/benefit just being so far off the charts) as well as one copy of my newest test subject: the Vendilion Clique. Flashing in a powerful ETB(enter the battlefield effect) 3 power flyer just seems like the right move for where my deck has headed.
As some of you may have also noticed I traded in another copy of Cryptic Command and pulled a copy of Ionize. I believe this to be the right choice as to better help me gain effect from the Clique as well as continue to give me more versatile of control over the field.
In the sideboard, I ended up changing my direction a little bit. Relic of Progenitus had to be removed to make way for some other options. After some solid plays I decided on another copy of Abrade. I will also be doing some testing of Ratchet Bomb. I've been looking forward to this since I acquired some in a brutal set of trades a while back.
Here's to you, the Pilots, the Mavericks, and the Scientists! Keep flipping tables!
3 weeks ago
thanks for the suggestion I have been trying to work on the mana curve over the past few days and get it more consistent. I also realize that I need something to help with artifact control but I feel that if I want to keep this deck budget I should find a cheaper alternate to Abrade i'm thinking of using By Force instead. Although I do lose the ability for quick control I think its a decent trade off.
3 weeks ago
I love the deck! Your mana-curve seems a bit high, though, even with a couple of fixers. Have you considered more early game plays and\or removal to get you to the late game? Abrade can work wonders as spot removal, and can hit artifacts. Overall, it's great! +1!
3 weeks ago
Sorry I'm just now getting to your question about sideboarding!
I'm not sure on sideboarding for this deck, as it's much more Aggro than Ponza (which is my normal RG deck). But here are a few cards you may want to playtest:
- UW Control: I like Blood Moon, Choke, and Thrun, the Last Troll, in that order. I think you'll find any of those are better than Bow of Nylea vs. Control. Guttural Response is probably better too.
- Humans: I just bring in as much removal as possible ... Lightning Bolt, Abrade (which can also hit their Aether Vials), Anger of the Gods, and Beast Within have been all-stars. Between your Bolts and Elementals, you may not need much else. Torpor Orb is interesting and seems like it'd REALLY mess with them. Watch out though, since it will also mess with your Primal Forcemage.
- Burn: I prefer lifegain effects ... stuff like Dragon's Claw, Scavenging Ooze (which also doubles as Graveyard hate), and Kitchen Finks.
- Mill: Bow of Nylea is good here. Or Wheel of Sun and Moon (which also doubles as Graveyard hate), if the deck decomes a real problem ...
- Light removal: I don't really worry about it tbh ... I'd personally rather use the slot for an extra threat.
Also, though these aren't really part of your meta atm, here are a few more thoughts:
- Graveyard: I like Scavenging Ooze (great, but slow), Relic of Progenitus (good), and Grafdigger's Cage (stops Collected Company too). Tormod's Crypt (fast but very narrow) and Wheel of Sun and Moon are options as well.
- Artifacts: Ancient Grudge is just superb. I sometimes run Destructive Revelry (also hits Enchantments) and Beast Within (hits everything) too.
- Lands-matter (decks like Tron, Valkut, and Amulet Titan, plus most Tri-color manabases): Blood Moon.
Compared to your current sideboard, I'm not honestly sure if any of these would fit better in your deck, playstyle, or budget. But it's some things to think about at least :-)